Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Heathrow T3 - arrival time?

So it does sound like things are more under control at T3 so we should be ok with having just over 3 hours to get through check in and security next Thursday morning?

Currently planning to arrive at around 6:20/ 6:30 am and have meet and greet parking booked. Flight is at 9:40. Is that enough time?

Currently thinking we’ll be ok but if we need to arrive any earlier I need to change the arrival time with the parking people.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

It was fine yesterday. Busy but not as bad as I expected.

We were about 15 minutes to check in and 30 for security.

We arrived at 9:15am for our 12:50pm flight. We were in the lounge just after 10am.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

We go in September so good to know things are improving. Will still get there 3hrs before flight as we are staying up the night before.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

That’s good to hear…I will get there three hours before.
Old 13 Aug 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We fly on Wednesday morning. Will get there for 7.15 to check in at 7.40 for our 10.40 flight. Hopefully in in the lounge by 8.30 lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Most airlines won’t let you check in any earlier than three hours before hand anyway
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are flying from Heathrow today at 11.05. The Uber from the PI arrived within a minute so we were here at 6.55! Virgin had said deals open four hours before but we were told to go straight up to the desk. Then security was maybe 10mins. Luckily the lounge allowed us to enter early! Anyway, we were really concerned about the queues and it’s been our fastest bag drop and security ever.

Edited at 08:25 AM.
outofdate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexGirl13
Proud to wear my Ears

You’ll be fine with three hours. We aimed for four hours yesterday, just because we were cabbing it from East London and allowing more time because of the rail strike. It took 50 mins! But check in was quick, the security queue was non-existent and we sat around for hours with the kids moaning 😂
EssexGirl13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Most airlines won’t let you check in any earlier than three hours before hand anyway
With VS at T3 you can check in anytime the day of your flight so in theory in the morning for an evening fight. B A opens 4 hrs before flight

I always aim for 4 hrs before my flight at any airport - never less sometimes a smidge more
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
With VS at T3 you can check in anytime the day of your flight so in theory in the morning for an evening fight. B A opens 4 hrs before flight

I always aim for 4 hrs before my flight at any airport - never less sometimes a smidge more
I flew BA LHR T5 to JFK a few weeks ago, they didn’t announce/open check in until 3 hours before, and were actively checking peoples tickets before letting them in the area to check in to make sure you were not any earlier.

I think it was mainly because people have been allowing too long due to what you had seen in the news about long waits, and this just makes things worse.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List