Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Does DLP get very bust in the un up to Xmas?

My mother's boss gave them a £500 MasterCard gift card thingy on Friday instead of a pay rise Still it was unexpected and I'll have 1 day of annual leave left when I come back from my summer holidays. So, we're thinking of a 3 day weekend in DLP when the Christmas decorations go up.

We were thinking our total budget would get us Cheyenne or offsite but Sequoia is in our budget for November 25-28 and December 9-12. I assume decorations will be up in late November?

Does DLP get as busy as WDW in the run-up to Xmas? Would Nov 25-28 be less busy?

Flights are about £30 less in December but that's nothing if it will be busier.

Thanks and appreciate any Xmas tips onsite as have only been in summer and only stayed at Santa Fe and offsite.

Also: at my title! I am here packing bras for my holiday so maybe it was a freudian slip

Edited at 05:54 PM.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss DLP
Trying for More Ears
- DIBB Advertiser -

The Christmas decorations go up on the 12th of November, November will be cheaper than December but always worth comparing.

Miss DLP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
My mother's boss gave them a £500 MasterCard gift card thingy on Friday instead of a pay rise Still it was unexpected and I'll have 1 day of annual leave left when I come back from my summer holidays. So, we're thinking of a 3 day weekend in DLP when the Christmas decorations go up.

We were thinking our total budget would get us Cheyenne or offsite but Sequoia is in our budget for November 25-28 and December 9-12. I assume decorations will be up in late November?

Does DLP get as busy as WDW in the run-up to Xmas? Would Nov 25-28 be less busy?

Flights are about £30 less in December but that's nothing if it will be busier.

Thanks and appreciate any Xmas tips onsite as have only been in summer and only stayed at Santa Fe and offsite.

Also: at my title! I am here packing bras for my holiday so maybe it was a freudian slip
I'd go November. We did the 5th-8th December for DS's 2nd Birthday in 2019 and it was absolutely heaving. Just ridiculously busy. Because of the freezing temperatures we just couldn't wait in long queues and ended up missing lots of rides out and the festive shows. Weekends in DLP are rammed with locals anyway but even more so in December.
It was beautiful but really put me off visiting that time of year again.

Sequoia Lodge at Christmas is lovely, perfectly themed.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Our last visit in 2018 was the week before Christmas 16th - 19th December and it was fab, it was busy but not overly so although this was a sunday to wednesday so the weekends may have been a different story.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

We’ve been for long weekends in Nov and Dec before and we love going for the Christmas theming! It’s so magical!

It’s busy but not ridiculous (Sat & Sun are definitely busier than the weekdays). If you can stay onsite then I would to make the most of EMT and beat some of the queues.

We dressed in layers/thermal vests and gloves were a must but we were fine temperature wise. A few well timed hot chocolates and mixing things up with an indoor ride or show after a few outdoor ones.

The closer you are to Christmas, generally the busier the weekends will be. I’ve not done Christmas at WDW so can’t directly compare but we’d definitely do Christmas at DLP again (& we’ve been doing it with young children and the queues haven’t been an issue).

Have a great time!
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

We returned recently and the park was full each day (they had signs outside saying this). It was busy but not chaotic like you would see in a UK park. Assuming the capacity is the same at Xmas then I'd say it's fine.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List