Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Aug 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I was reading on Kenny the pirates page today that they were offering people a 1 day ticket elsewhere or a ticket for another party night as a rainy day thing. Might be worth a look?

Not sure if I am allowed to add the link but if you Google kenny the pirate the article is on the first page.
I've had this from Disney before for a MNSSHP (2017) and an MVMCP (2019). Both were extremely rained out with parades/fireworks/stage shows cancelled and CMs not knowing what was happening due to all the changes/cancellations.

We left the MNSSHP early and extremely disappointed - it wasn't my first MNSSHP so I knew it was really not what an MNSSHP should be like. Read about WDW doing these rainy day make up tickets that night so went to ask at City Hall the next day, and they gave us return MNSSHP tickets for another party date.

MVMCP was another very rained out show, seem to recall waiting around 45 minutes in the rain for a stage show that never happened (with no announcements about cancellations or anything else), and multiple other things being cancelled. Talked to Guest Services in the park I was in the next day and they offered a return ticket - but I was already at the end of my trip - at which point they offered the cost of the ticket back on a gift card as an alternative.

So two very rained out and disappointing parties but Disney went way beyond my expectations with how they reacted afterwards!

(Side note - I only spoke to City Hall/Guest Services the next day on both occasions, and the CMs had to talk to their supervisors to get approval for this. Was told by them that it would have been easier if I had just gone to City Hall on the night of the party itself - but I guess I would then have had to deal with the queues there?)
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I've had this from Disney before for a MNSSHP (2017) and an MVMCP (2019). Both were extremely rained out with parades/fireworks/stage shows cancelled and CMs not knowing what was happening due to all the changes/cancellations.

We left the MNSSHP early and extremely disappointed - it wasn't my first MNSSHP so I knew it was really not what an MNSSHP should be like. Read about WDW doing these rainy day make up tickets that night so went to ask at City Hall the next day, and they gave us return MNSSHP tickets for another party date.

MVMCP was another very rained out show, seem to recall waiting around 45 minutes in the rain for a stage show that never happened (with no announcements about cancellations or anything else), and multiple other things being cancelled. Talked to Guest Services in the park I was in the next day and they offered a return ticket - but I was already at the end of my trip - at which point they offered the cost of the ticket back on a gift card as an alternative.

So two very rained out and disappointing parties but Disney went way beyond my expectations with how they reacted afterwards!

(Side note - I only spoke to City Hall/Guest Services the next day on both occasions, and the CMs had to talk to their supervisors to get approval for this. Was told by them that it would have been easier if I had just gone to City Hall on the night of the party itself - but I guess I would then have had to deal with the queues there?)
Apparently as each of the shows finally went ahead they’re not offering to refund or rebook. Dh just asked .. I think if we had done it while there we would’ve been able to but now, no chance
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Just an odd thought. During the parade, do they close the meet and greets? The parade has Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Aladdin etc all of which have party meets pretty close to the parade route.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Disappointing with the rain, but glad you still thought it worthwhile. We've booked for Oct, looking forward to it. Will be our first at WDW, 2020 being cancelled. I've not watched any you tubers for this year yet, do that tonight or tomorrow 😀
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gull View Post
Disappointing with the rain, but glad you still thought it worthwhile. We've booked for Oct, looking forward to it. Will be our first at WDW, 2020 being cancelled. I've not watched any you tubers for this year yet, do that tonight or tomorrow 😀
Whilst I've watched previous years videos of the parties and know roughly what to expect, I don't want to watch any videos this year so I don't spoil anything so will be more exciting when I go lol
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

We picked up plenty of candy by just wandering about. Some places had stations on the way in and the way out, bonus 😆

My main issue last night was the buses back to the resorts. We watched the final show bit so left the park after 12.15. Most bus queues were out of the queue lanes. We thought they would have buses lined up to keep filling. We finally got on the 4th bus at 1.30am, back to YC 1.50. Wish we'd walked straight to Contemporary and ordered a Lyft.

We made the most of the indoor rides during the rain, loved space mountain in the dark - we did it twice. Also SDMT was fun in the dark. Tried the worms and dirt funnel cake which was ok, boys loved the milkshake. We'd just found a sheltered table as the rain started.

We missed the parade but caught most of the fireworks, which were fab but incredibly loud. Saw several small kids covering their ears.

We could only do the 1st night, so it was expensive for what it was. Would probably do it again if we were ever in Florida and it was one of the cheaper nights. Glad we tried it though x
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mgmmorgan
Getting Excited

We were virgin party goers! We went on the first night . It was our last full day and our 14 day passes had expired so we could only enter at 4.

We had planned to arrive for 4 but had to change the car hire for an airport sized car which took longer than expected. . We somehow managed to park in Jafar the so had to walk from the car to the monorail as the tram doesn't stop at Jafar. Due to car change and walking; as such it was nearly 5.30 when we finally got into MK

As my 18yo is Jack Skellington mad we headed for the Jack & Sally meet & greet. This was just after 5.30 and probably our first mistake.

The CM said 2 hours, it was actually almost 3.

So, while there are multiple Mice and princesses (shush, I didn't tell you that!) There appears to be only one Jack and Sally!

Each switch back took nearly an hour, with extensive periods where the line does not move as J&S take comfort breaks.

Once we were called through at the end, we became excited as that meant we could finally meet Jack and Sally and then start enjoying the party, only to find as we rounded the corner.. another hidden queue!

While the wait was horrendous, the interaction was amazing. You aren't rushed through and you can spend as much time as you like with them.

My daughter was wearing an Oogie Boogie shirt so that was a cause for concern and lots of chatter about that. We had group family photos and then I asked if my daughter could have her photo taken alone. Jack then strode off to stand by the photographer saying something like, oh yes, of course I'll just stand here while you are alone. This made everyone laugh.

So in all it was worth it but I'm not sure I'd tackle the queue in the way we did. Not sure what the answer is really. Those entering after 7.30 had less switch backs so probably shaved an hour of the queue time. I'm not sure what time you're allowed to queue from but they had a long wait too.

When we left it was 8.30 and we strode to the rides. Went on space mountain, which was epic in the dark. Was about a 20 minute wait, but as no LL the queue moved fast and often. A stark reminder how Disney could be if there was no LL.

Once we got off, we came out to rain. So much rain. Most things were closed as by then the T&L was in full force. We queued for Buzz and when we came out the rain was still going. We stopped off where we saw the sweets sign and the candy was plentiful. Next was the teacups, as the rain was still spoiling things. Then we headed towards pirates collecting candy as we went. The rain was easing and the line was saying 20mins when we arrived. We noticed another Jack next to the ride so popped in to meet Captain Jack Sparrow. He had virtually no line! I believe the parade had just started so that's probably why. He very kindly adjusted my bow on my ears as the rain had made the bow wonky, few photos done we headed for the ride.The 20 minute queue was actually a lie. It was a walk on. Enjoyed the live characters. Came out and Jack was gone so I'm pleased we went to meet him first.

Next was Jungle Cruise. Another walk on. We were actually held on the dock as it was just us 4 and one guy from Boston. Eventually after a few minutes when they realised no one else was coming they put us on a boat. Obviously performing to 5 people is very different to a full boat but the skipper did really well. My husband and I tried to join in with the one liners, and the cheering/groaning at the various times.

When we got off, we headed past splash and heard it running. By now it had pretty much stopped raining, but nobody wanted a water ride. Just then I head BTM running so we headed over. Got there to no queue. Was told to pick a row. So we headed to the back as someone I follow on Instagram says row 15 is the best. As there were 4 of us my husband and I went in 15.

I tried another insta trick to do with the goat on the mountain. If you turn your head and follow it as you ride it's suppose to make the G forces feel stronger. Definitely did do something.

As we rolled back into the station we were told we could get off or stay on, so of course we stayed on. I swapped seats with my 15yo so she could try row 15. She wasn't convinced. After our second ride we got off and she said it was definitely wild on row 15 and she left her seat at one point.

After we left we got more candy and we're hoping to head to fantasy land but by now the parade was in full swing and as we headed to the castle we realised that we were stuck. So we watched the parade and as soon as it ended we went to mine train. The queue was fast, but sadly not fast enough to complete it by 12 so that was our last ride of our party, and our last ride of our holiday. After we tried to pick up some of the golden statues that we still hadn't collected. While they interacted with the band's, I could not get them to register on the play app so I didn't officially get to complete it on the app but did in real life.

We headed back towards the castle, and were hoping to nip in the shop and get a Starbucks but were shocked to see SB closed and CM had closed the shops. Prime time merch selling time, but nope, shops closed at 12 so if you hadn't got in then, tough luck.

Lots of angry folks at the doors wanting to buy stuff, but they were firm. One rather cross woman, let's call her, oh I dunno.. Karen? Well she was very vocal in telling the CM that quote
"This is not the party I paid for"

As no shops/eatery places open everyone left together, all 14 million of them.*

And because everyone got a free print as they left the queues were massive. Felt like we were being kettled at one point.

So, that was our experience of a party, probably not planned well, but we enjoyed what we did and would try with a better game plan if doing it again.

*I don't know the exact attendance figures, but it definitely felt like 14K.
mgmmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Good report I really want to do the Pooh and friends meet but I am not waiting 3 hours, 30 minutes is my limit for characters so gonna be in the park from opening anyway so gonna scope out the area and get it out of the way early.
Old 15 Aug 22, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mgmmorgan
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Andysaurus View Post
Good report I really want to do the Pooh and friends meet but I am not waiting 3 hours, 30 minutes is my limit for characters so gonna be in the park from opening anyway so gonna scope out the area and get it out of the way early.
We walked past pooh ride at about 11.40 and they were still there with a smallish line. We didn't want to wait as we only had 20 mins left by then so did SDMT instead.

It was only Jack & Sally that was redonkulous, others looked short from what I could see. Jack Sparrow had no one waiting.
mgmmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Rain was awful last night but it sounds like you still had a great time. We go on Tuesday so really hoping for some dry weather.
The worlds water supply fell out of the sky at 7.30!

MNSSHP for us on tuesday im guessing no jack and sally for us as there is no way we are queuing that long!

Edited at 01:38 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List