Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I would actively avoid a resort/Hotel with a sunbed issue. I have asked pool attendants to remove belongings of people who clearly are not at the pool and this has never been refused. No one has ever returned and asked me about their stuff.

My husband firmly believes that the quality of a hotel is dictated by the quality of its customers, the sunbed saver hotels are not ones we want to be in
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
That's interesting because at HRH and at Beach Club we had no trouble getting sunbeds (sun and shade) and were certainly never there early.

DC we found plenty of shady beds and weren't there early

Amazing the different experience and this was just last week too
Well that's lucky, would your husband had made you check out if there had been an issue like FT had? 😉
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Well that's lucky, would your husband had made you check out if there had been an issue like FT had? 😉
Probably, we would move hotels. Sounds snobby I know but it's not the holiday we would want. I would speak with the manager, explain my issues either he would sort it or we would get a refund and move elsewhere.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

It's because people accept stuff like this that it continues, in a holiday recently in the Maldives (Emerald) I has asked a few times before going that we had villas close to my daughter and family so we could give them a break and look after the grandchildren. When we arrived we were put the otherside of the island, it only took a visit to the reception and we were moved to where we wanted to be and given free excurtions for our issues.

At the end of the holiday there was a particular issue that was not good, my daughter and I met with the hotel manager in the bar, we had a good talk, he agreed with our issue, changed some company policies for the future, its important to not get angry but talk through issues with the hotel management.

At Emerald there were wonderful King beds under canopies on the beach, some guests put things on them and left for the day, the bar staff and pool staff were proactive in removing things so other guests could use them. It just takes staff training.

Edited at 07:00 PM.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I hope she apologised.
That would be a loud NOPE.
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There is a solution, tip their stuff off the sunbed by holing it vertical, same result without being accused of physically touching their stuff🤣
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

We went to a fab hotel in Cyprus last year we’re you were allocated sun beds on the first day of your stay for the duration. It was great and really took the pressure off feeling like you needed to be up early every day. Everyone abided by it and we had no issues.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
We went to a fab hotel in Cyprus last year we’re you were allocated sun beds on the first day of your stay for the duration. It was great and really took the pressure off feeling like you needed to be up early every day. Everyone abided by it and we had no issues.
Which hotel was this?
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Stayed at a hotel in Majorca, every single morning people would get up at the crack of dawn and reserve sunbeds, then at 9am the cleaner would come, take everything off the beds, fold carefully and clean the beds, we would wander out at 9.30 to our choice of beds (had a 2 year old, so that was a lie in/lazy start for us)
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Which hotel was this?
The sunrise jade, it’s an adult only hotel. They had a few other about 10 mins away, not sure if they also did this .
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

It was as bad at Centre Parcs in the swimming dome, one person was holding 10 chairs near the Starbucks, we only wanted to sit for 10 minutes to have a coffee but ended up sat on a wall. Most families were doing this ☹️
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List