Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Aug 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Is this new? We were over in 2017 and 2018 staying at Cabana bay for two weeks and only had a $100 hold put on card for the two weeks not per night.
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

They have definitely charged me twice. The woman told me my payment hasn’t gone through and made me so it again. Either she lied or was mistake. No they haven’t resolved it they are adamant they have only taken one payment. The amount isn’t an issue really but that is beside the point really. As it is still there today I shall have to waste time calling the bank. Don’t accept a $200 per day hold from them though. I laughed out loud when she said that but she didn’t tell me I had a choice until I refused the offer of $200 per day.
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

I've printed out our invoice that says 'charged' to a credit card way back in March. Hopefully we'll be okay 🤞
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Unicorn13x View Post
Is this new? We were over in 2017 and 2018 staying at Cabana bay for two weeks and only had a $100 hold put on card for the two weeks not per night.
It’s not so much of a thing at some of the lower priced hotels. Portofino was the only one who wouldn’t just accept I didn’t want to charge and run through a dollar or a penny.

Scoobydooby - hope you manage to get it sorted out asap without having to take too much time out your holiday
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
They have definitely charged me twice. The woman told me my payment hasn’t gone through and made me so it again. Either she lied or was mistake. No they haven’t resolved it they are adamant they have only taken one payment. The amount isn’t an issue really but that is beside the point really. As it is still there today I shall have to waste time calling the bank. Don’t accept a $200 per day hold from them though. I laughed out loud when she said that but she didn’t tell me I had a choice until I refused the offer of $200 per day.
So no "pending" by the charge then? Must be a mistake. Hope they refund for you quickly.

Edited at 07:58 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
That’s extremely poor and on top of the fact it shouldn’t happen, you may end up worse off even when it’s refunded due to the difference in exchange rates for debits and credits
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We had similar issues at a Disney resort on our last trip and it was so stressful. They put several holds on our card, we ended up having to go to reception and pay our bill every day then eventually stopped paying for anything on magic bands as it was such a pain. One of the biggest holds they hadn't put an end date on so it didn't 'drop off'. I ended up having to contact my bank when we got home and it took 3 weeks to sort. Not fun

Hope yours is sorted soon. We managed but we went on a cruise straight from Disney and had to put the bill on a different card as there was still $1400 being held on the card we intended to use.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As a question, we have Disney & Universal Hard Rock stays. If when at Disney we don't want to charge to our bands, do we still have to link a card? Same at Universal, i'd rather just pay using my revolut than link a card, do you have to have a daily hold or can you refuse? I can't remember!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i get that people need to leave details if they are going to charge to the room. so if using a magic band etc then if you havent left a card it would be denied when you try to pay for something.

Restaurants may be different as you often just give your room number but they should check see if good to go.

in theory all they need to hold is 1p as then they know it is a valid card. i wonder how many people manage to stay and not pay
Old 14 Aug 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

That’s terrible, hope you get it sorted soon with a refund.

Hope you don’t mind me tagging in that RPR didn’t charge me a hold for my 2 night, 2 room
charge and I was expecting it as HRH did $200 a day (2days)?

They have however charged me $18 for water in room!- I know they used to have Figi water a few years back at this price (with a clear price label, but not now. All I can think is they put the 2 mini bottles of water in your room next to bed, so assume it’s those?- although I used these in HRH back in March and wasn’t charged😐

Crazy really as we had club too with an unlimited amount of drink 😂

I have tried emailing 4 times, but it’s falling on deaf ears.

Annoying as on check out day, the charges were not there, I checked before checking out. However a new ‘bill’ arrived 2 days later when I was in Anna Maria!

Anyone successful with contacting them after checking our, I suspect not so prepared to accept it. It’s more annoying than anything else!
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List