Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ginwithaslice View Post
I hear they turn human again in their early 20s 😂
Great tips here, if I book for next year I'm looking at on site Universal so it's easy if anyone wants to go back to the room.
Love interests are a teenage nightmare, one of our friends booked 2 weeks in France for her family then her 16 year old daughter refused to get on the plane because she didn't want to leave her then boyfriend. She had to go home to her aunts house in a taxi. She's 32 now and we still laugh at her about it (the boyfriend is long gone) 🤣
My nephew 17 spent 85% of the two weeks he was on holiday with his mum dad and wee sister in Spain in his room face timing his girlfriend, they are going away in October for a week Nephew staying at home. He says it will be the best holiday ever 😂. Don’t you just love teens, hope my daughter is fine next year when we go back to Orlando, she will be almost 18 when we go 🙈

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

My son 25 is most probably coming with us….his GF American is staying here looking after the home and cat….he will be non stop talking to her while we are away…my mums dreading it that she won’t get any sleep.
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

This thread is making me feel so much better. 😅

I’m not holidaying with mine again. Ever. I mean it. I’m not. 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Have loved this thread. Mine's 16 we go on Friday. We managed in one room in New York earlier this year but knew for a longer stay more space would be key so we are in a condo with 2 bedrooms and most importantly 2 bathrooms.
Leaving her to get ready makes a big difference - in New York we just had breakfast two of us and she spent time getting ready suited everyone I can see same happeneing. We are just doing Disney and she is super excited, been showing me her dresses tonight and which ears go with which.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My DS is nearly 15 and we are here now. We are still waking quite early as we have only been here a week and he is totally motivated by going on the rollercoasters. He also loves going to the gym, so we compromise. We do the parks in the morning, go out for lunch/shopping then he goes to the gym and his Dad and I have some time to ourselves and then we go back to the parks or go for a swim in the evening. I think they really do need some space and time to themselves and as a Mum, I think I do too!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

It’s currently our last night and my two 14 and 11 have been generally ok and I think it’s cos we have stayed in two condo with decent WiFi. They have loved the beach in week 1 and Aquatica was a big success as was seaworld. They moped around KSC eldest thinks it all a conspiracy. We went shopping this afternoon and they enjoyed that despite normally hating it. We are now back at the condo. They are in their own rooms one on the PlayStation, the other watching Disney+. We are packing and watching the Yankees.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Have to say I am nervous, we are taking DS who is 16 and usually great with family time, however we are in one room for 17 nights
Going to be stressful but luckily we plan to be out most of the time
Old 14 Aug 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mine are now 40 & 39

Our worst trip was when they were 14&15. It's etched on my brain

Shut up, why are you taking a picture of me, it's too hot, the pools too cold, don't like it, she's horrible, too much traffic, why do I have to share a room , planes cramped, don't want to go there, too many mossies, my feet hurt, I want to wear these stupid shoes, I haven't finished my makeup, I miss, bill, Jim and Kevin, can I phone my friends

Up until them perfect

Back at 17 & 18 normal service resumed

I feel for you all
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Keeping note that i have maybe 5 years till my Kevin & Perry moments with my two - guess i will enjoy the family holidays as/when we can while pre-teen... although "couple holidays" without kids sound like bliss too! xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Have you thought about part of the holiday being a cruise instead rather than 2 weeks on I drive. You can pick them up pretty cheaply. My teen loved cruising when he was older, made friends at the teens club and then he was off, dinner with friends everything with friends. He stayed onboard whilst we went ashore. We found that the split stay worked better. To be honest he would have hated idrive and universal as a teen, he much preferred Disney. He enjoyed spending more time at the hotel in the pool and eating out at the other resorts.

We tended to go to the park am, somewhere for lunch on way back afternoon in pool, and out into the parks at night for a meal and fireworks.

He was also heavily involved in the planning, rides, meals trips out of Disney. He also sat in the front of the car, with a map and was as happy as Larry as he thought he was in charge. We had been loads of times when he was little, so it was so important to me doing what made him happy.

He also enjoyed shopping.

We also used to go off to the coast 1 day.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 12:28 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List