Notices

View Poll Results: Did you get any side effects with Oxford vaccine?
Yes - Mild 138 55.87%
Yes - Severe 34 13.77%
No 75 30.36%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Mar 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Oxford vaccine - side effects

For those of you that have had this jab, did you get any side effects?
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep. Warm arm at first and red with rash.
Next day headache, a bit brain fog and all my joints aches and felt tight.
Today I had most of that ease but swollen lymph nodes all in my left side and earache in my left ear.
But tonight I already feel almost back to normal.
So that’s Thursday night to Sunday night. I’m still recommending it to all people and very very glad I have had it.
Side effects have been fine as it means my body is busy building antibodies and that’s fine by me!
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

I had Oxford Astra Zeneca on Thursday 25th. I felt tired that evening but managed work the next day with a bad headache and a sore arm. Back to bed with tiredness by 6pm Friday then felt okay on Saturday. I have been fine today but still have a sore arm. I had covid at Christmas and was quite ill with it but have been recovered for a few weeks now.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Got AZ last Sunday, struggled to sleep as shoulders and hips were hurting. Started to ease after day 2. All good after day 3.
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

Headache within about 15 minutes. Fine after a couple of paracetamol. Next day felt really tired, went back to bed for a couple of hours then felt ok.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I had the AZ on Tuesday at 9.40am, felt fine all day until 9.40pm when I started shaking uncontrollably, developed a fever and a raging thirst, aches and headache. I took paracetamol and went to bed and the side effects wore off fully around 2am. The next day I felt tired with slight arm ache but felt fine. However around 9pm the shivers, temperature and headache reappeared albeit slightly less than the previous night. A couple more paracetamols and I went to bed. Felt fine the next morning and haven’t had any more issues.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

My symptoms were a headache, slight shivering and little nausea. My husband was the same, nothing some paracetamol couldn’t control and it didn’t make us change our daily routine. Also I think my symptoms could also have been stress related as I was worried about my son who hasn’t been well.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Had mine on Saturday and went straight to work after.
Felt fine most of the day but started to feel very tired towards the end of my shift.
My head felt a bit muzzy yesterday I felt tired all day and my arm was a little bit sore.
I took 2 paracetamol and went to bed around 9pm and I’m fine today.
Old 29 Mar 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Had mine on Thursday morning and felt fine for the rest of the day but then felt groggy and tired for around 6 hours on Friday morning. My arm still feels like someone has punched me, but I can live with that!
Old 29 Mar 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes, some mild ones. But nothing whatsoever that would make me regret having it, or make me want to discourage others from having Thier jab. Unfortunately, it seems that the more people talk about side effects, the more it is putting people off having the vaccine. So some care needed I think.

Yes, I felt a bit grotty, but it was a good grotty because I knew it was because I had been vaccinated !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List