Notices

Old 25 May 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Yay another May tripper! Look forward to reading your plans
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
They look really tasty, good idea to try baking some Disney treats.

I've got a feeling AKL is one of the hotels that's only open for DVC at the moment, maybe that's why it's not showing up with availability for your trip. Is POFQ showing up? As this is another hotel that hasn't reopened yet and as far as I know disney haven't announced any dates for when the mothballed hotels will reopen, hopefully things will get back to normal in time for the 50th anniversary.

Ooh, there's an idea...what about a 50th anniversary style challenge? I'm not sure what that could look like as I've literally only just thought of it!

Have fun with your baking today.
I've quite enjoyed the baking, they may not look like Disney standards but they taste nice

Ahhh i think your right! POFQ isn't showing either. I think i just thought "They must be open by then so why not sell rooms" suppose thinking logically they cant sell rooms for hotels that aren't even open yet oops.

This sounds like a fun idea! I've heard the 50th celebration is ongoing into 2022 so there may be some special 50th things we could try!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Yay another May tripper! Look forward to reading your plans

We love May! It's should a great time of year and the weather is brill (usually ) I think I've read your pre trippie youll have a great time! Thanks for reading along
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Just a quick update. I finally paid the the extra amount we owed for our new tickets! They were sent out next day and we received them on Saturday Im now currently trying to work out my plan!

I haven't been doing my usual baking on Sunday. We lost our family dog on bank holiday Monday so haven't really felt like it! I'm throwing myself into the holiday planning to take my mind off it. Hoping ill have a bigger update soon.
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Your plans sound super exciting. Have you picked your Disney hotel yet? We stayed in AKL in 2017 and loved it. The Wilderness Lodge is my bucket list resort 😃

So sorry to hear about your dog x

Looking forward to reading along ☺️
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by MamatoFelix View Post
Your plans sound super exciting. Have you picked your Disney hotel yet? We stayed in AKL in 2017 and loved it. The Wilderness Lodge is my bucket list resort 😃

So sorry to hear about your dog x

Looking forward to reading along ☺️
We are struggling to decide! We had our top three the poly, the wilderness lodge or the animal kingdom lodge. However after watching some room tours we removed wilderness lodge so we are down to two! We just can’t decide!

Thank you and thanks for reading! ☺️
Old 26 Jun 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Hi Chloe, looking forward to following along with your plans, they sound really exciting so far!
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mrstenberge View Post
Hi Chloe, looking forward to following along with your plans, they sound really exciting so far!
Hi thank you for reading. Im starting to get really excited. Im hoping everything will go as planned.
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Hey everyone,

I thought it was about time to do a little update. I’ve been doing a fair bit of research the past couple of weeks. I was struggling with my first draft plan so i decided to distracted myself with other things such as food and restaurants.

The flight prices are awful currently. I’m really hoping for some pixie dust to be sprinkled over those prices. We aren't booking them yet as i cant justify the price. Last year we got flights and car hire for £610 per person. We are now currently looking at £1400 per person for the same thing so we are going to have to hold out and hope. I have budgeted maximum of £800 per person for this as i know the prices are higher so ill keep everything crossed.

The owner of the villa has let us know the dates we can have it. It now means we can get the villa earlier than we expected so we haven't got to look for a seaworld hotel after all which is great.

Our replacement tickets arrived and Ive linked them to my disney experience. I’ve started to book park reservations but more on that later.

We have also booked our night at a Disney hotel. It took us a while to decide. I know its only 1 night but we just wanted to be inside the Disney bubble and I was excited for Ryan to try another Disney hotel. We had narrowed it down to three hotels The wilderness lodge, Animal kingdom lodge and The poly. Our first thought was wilderness lodge as I haven't stayed there either. We watched a room tour and we weren't very keen on the look or layout. We ruled it out quickly. Animal kingdom lodge is my favourite hotel but equally the poly is beautiful. I was holding out waiting for Animal kingdom lodge to reopen so I could look at the prices. The savannah view was £50 less than staying at the poly. I gave Ryan the choice and he chose The Poly. Im so excited I've only stayed there for one night on a previous trip so I'm excited to get back there and really make use of being that close to Magic Kingdom. It's a little expensive for one night but its our big blow out trip.

I wanted to upload my plan tonight but ive still not completed finished it so hopefully i can get that done soon and everyone can tell me what they think.
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I just had a nosy on BA for the dates I fly, and it's £564 return for 1 person, LGW - MCO.

I dont know if that helps at all xx
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List