Notices

Old 22 Jun 22, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
kellyreathomps
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Didn’t realise you had an update posted. See you on Saturday. And today when I look after JT. And tomorrow when I’ll need to see you. And Friday when I’ll probably also need to see you. We’re a very close family!
kellyreathomps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellyreathomps View Post
Didn’t realise you had an update posted. See you on Saturday. And today when I look after JT. And tomorrow when I’ll need to see you. And Friday when I’ll probably also need to see you. We’re a very close family!
It's almost like we like each other...
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

17th July 2022 - What an update!

So, there has been a lot going on since my last post, so I'll try and remember it all

We had another America night and my brother in laws dads house... it's his first time going - we ate nice food, planned some essentials and just made sure we had the basics right. I made Key Lime Pie, which I don't think I've made since we were last going to Florida.

Money wise - I was waiting to see what the dollar was looking like but just bit the bullet and bought... gone are the days when we went and it was 2 to 1 Hence the reasoning behind me doing a car boot next week with my sister... all about recouping the funds

Anyway! We have also made our other hotel booking for Sebastian Inlet. I really can't wait to go here. Our little one loves the beach, you can tell it's one of his favourite places to be. He loves just sitting near the water watching the waves. We're super lucky that we live literally 5 minutes from Tynemouth.

Our hotel room:

We also had a little bit of news regarding our little boy. He turned 4 in Feb, but approx 14 months ago, we were first introduced to a professional who wanted to have him checked out because of his speech delay. We received his Autism diagnosis a couple of weeks ago - which in all honesty, we were expecting and slightly relieved that we now know which way to go and what to try and get support with.

British Airways for one have been great (apart from a hiccup which I'll go into shortly). We spoke with them as we have three flights outbound and inbound. They have reserved us seats together, which I'm super grateful for.

We've also seen that the Crayola Experience has a Sensory Sunday time slot of 9-11 which I'm going to look into.

Right, so back to BA. We received another email of our last flight back being cancelled. This is the second time it's been cancelled. the first time, cutting our holiday short by about half a day.

When I called BA back, they had nothing available on the following day and the other option was a long layover at Gatwick or getting a train back to Newcastle.
The option that we ended up going with after much deliberation was to actually cut the holiday by a day as that was the only thing BA could provide us that wouldn't cause too much disruption (and we didn't want any long stints in airports with the little one).

Because of this, it has eaten into our time at Indian Rocks which we had booked for two nights. When going through expedia log in - my booking wasn't found. Which at first I thought 'fine, we can just book for when we need it'. But then I realised it had my dads card linked to it so I didn't want to risk him being charged.

After speaking with expedia on their online chat (who were super helpful), we managed to cancel it and I rebooked for the day earlier (although it was slightly more expensive).

We have a really busy few weeks before we go - I have a small business that I'm taking along to a last minute fair. Not realising that the week I do it, I'm covering a holiday at work. Cue the early starts - although I am enjoying Wordle in the mornings to start my day

And relax.
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List