Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nodwijn
New Poster (3)

Thank you sooo much for this! There's so much information out there and just getting confused with it all.
Nodwijn is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

This is perfect for everyone - thank you for doing this !
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Hi

This is what the version on the VA website looks like,

Thanks
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820

Edited at 12:08 PM.
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
iPotato
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks - was getting worried as I have booked a supervised antigen test with a local pharmacy and I was hearing talk of only certain test allowed. There's only 1 near me, other than paying more for PCR - so don't have a choice other than sending off and doing video appt.

From what I can see, as long as its supervised and you get a certificate to travel (fit to fly certificate) which links you to it via passport number you are good to go, but then you start worrying

Flying with BA on 20th Nov
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've just had my latest Gov UK email and they now say that for fully vaccinated the 3-5 day test in the USA is now RECOMMENDED (not should or any other synonyms of should ) which, at long last, aligns with the CDC instructions

Mick
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Updated for children on GOV UK website 05.11.21.

Children under the age of 18

Children under the age of 18 who are not fully vaccinated are exempt from the quarantine requirement but must take a test 3 to 5 days after arrival and should self-isolate should any symptoms develop or if they test positive.

If a child is not fully vaccinated and traveling alone or with adults who are not fully vaccinated, they will have to show proof of a negative viral test from a sample taken within one day of departure.

For travel, the US definition of a fully vaccinated child is the same as the definition of a fully vaccinated adult. This is different to the UK. The definition of fully vaccinated for children is the same as for adults. Further details are on the US Embassy website.

Getting a COVID-19 test in the USA

Details on what tests are acceptable are on the CDC website.

To find a US COVID-19 testing site, you should check the US Department of Health and Human Services website.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cooperblade
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post

Children under the age of 18 who are not fully vaccinated are exempt from the quarantine requirement but must take a test 3 to 5 days after arrival and should self-isolate should any symptoms develop or if they test positive.

If a child is not fully vaccinated and traveling alone or with adults who are not fully vaccinated, they will have to show proof of a negative viral test from a sample taken within one day of departure.

For travel, the US definition of a fully vaccinated child is the same as the definition of a fully vaccinated adult. This is different to the UK. The definition of fully vaccinated for children is the same as for adults. Further details are on the US Embassy website.

To find a US COVID-19 testing site, you should check the US Department of Health and Human Services website.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't find the information they're referring to (i.e. what tests are acceptable to take on day 3-5 in the US) - anyone else managed to find it?
cooperblade is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
whats the definitve then

we fly 9th nov

got nhs pass on paper

getting fit to fly tomorrow breathe assured

fill in attestation forms tomorrow/sunday

do we test 3-5 days when in orlando ?

two adults double jabbed one 13 year old one jab

plf to england saying transient then plf to isle of man

missing anyting ? too late anyway !
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

The only thing we have found on the CDC website regards the post-arrival test is a link to an official HSS page:

hhs.gov/coronavirus/comm...tes/index.html

We have asked the CDC directly about this requirement, but they simply said, "The obligation for the planning of post-arrival testing is on the traveler."
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Below is a list of entry requirements for travelling to the USA.

Fully vaxxed adults:
  • Proof of vaccination required (i.e. NHS Covid pass)
  • Supervised Antigen or PCR test no more than 3 calendar days before flight departure (i.e. Wednesday or later for a Saturday flight) OR proof of recovery from Covid-19 within the last 90 days.
  • Complete attestation form prior to check in

Children 2-17, fully vaxxed (2 doses)
  • Can use same entry requirements as adults provided they have acceptable vaccination proof.

Children 2-17, either unvaxxed or 1 dose:
  • Supervised Antigen or PCR test no more than 3 calendar days before flight when travelling with fully vaxxed parents OR proof of recovery from Covid-19 within the last 90 days.
  • Additional test 3-5 days after arrival (not needed if travelling on proof of recovery from Covid-19 within the last 90 days). There's been no guidance on requirements for this, so suggest packing some NHS tests and taking photos of results as proof unless we hear otherwise.
  • Exempt from Isolation unless post arrival test is positive
  • Complete attestation form prior to check in

Infants under 2
  • Exempt from all requirements

Attestation form is available HERE, however I would wait until close to your flight to download in case it changes again...

Thanks to Loldis for putting this list together.

Superstar, thank you
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List