Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 30 Dec 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Our first European rollercoaster adventure- Day 7 Phantasialand (or alone in a theme park?)

Day 7 - 18th November

Again it was a very quiet hotel so we slept well. The breakfast came in boxes and there was so much food, 2 sandwiches, carrot cake, fruit, yogurt, muffins etc

We decided to get a taxi to phantasialand as it saved a bit of time compared to train then bus.

We were staying on site at Hotel Charles Lindbergh. This is a steampunk themed hotel where the rooms are like little aeronaut cabins. I adored the theming but the rooms were on the small side!

Can’t beat the location though, we had Fly going directly by our bathroom window and our own entrance to the park. Out of all the on-site hotels we’ve stayed at I’ve never been able to walk from my room to the park within 2 minutes!

Our room was ready when we checked in (the hotel was very quiet) so we dropped off our bags then walked into the park. I loved the rookburgh area but decided to leave Fly to a little later as I thought it might be quite intense for Neil so walked to Klugheim to ride my most anticipated coaster of the trip, Taron.

The park was a bit busier than Europa but it was still less than 10 minutes before we were onboard. And…. I was so disappointed! I’d wanted to ride this for years and fully expected it to be a contender for my favourite coaster and I just felt nothing. It was slow, a little rattly and although the second launch packed a punch there was no moments that wowed me. I came off a bit gutted but decided either I’d hyped it up too much or it just needed time to warm up (it was a very cold day) so thought we’d give it another go later.

We rode Raik which was a standard family boomerang then Mystery castle, the theming in the queue was amazing and the drop cycle was pretty good.

Love the theming in this park

Coaster number 3 was up next with Winjas. This was a really fun spinning coaster, I rode with 2 other people so the weight balance was off and it just spun all the way round. So much fun!

We grabbed sandwiches for lunch then did the funhouse which was a good laugh and Maus o chocolat , basically toy story mania but chocolate themed.

I mean even the lockers are themed here, never seen this before!

We rode Chiapas, I very good log flume, just a little cold to be getting wet in November!

It was time for a ride on Fly. Wow what an area and what a ride. Got to be the best flying coaster in the world, they’re not my favourite type of coaster but this was is so well done and silky smooth. I loved the fact you move to the flying position after you’ve left the station and return to sitting up before you get back, so clever!

We went back to the room for a little break and to change my wet socks from Chiapas! The park was stunning with the lights starting to come on.

We went back to try Taron again. It had definitely warmed up and I enjoyed it so much more this time round. Queue was a straight walk on now so just went round and round for a few rides. So much fun and how amazing the rock work looked lit up.

Much happier now with Taron we called it a night and went back to get ready for dinner which was included with the room rate.

We had a drink at the bar which was very nice but weird in the limited choice of drinks. Beer or cocktails only, no wine on offer! Settled for a gin and tonic which was good.

The food was pretty good. Starters of pasta parcels and salmon poke bowl were good. I had truffle fries and burgers for a main. The fries were fab, burgers just ok and a ridiculous portion. Neil had veggie pasta which he enjoyed.

A perk of staying at the hotel is you can walk around Rookburgh after the park has closed. Wow this was a really unique experience, because of how quiet the hotel was there was absolutely no one else there, first time we’ve been the only people in a theme park before. The music and lighting is still on and it was amazing to be able to take in all the details.

View from the hotel viewing platform

Truly an experience I’ll never forget and worth the tiny rooms of the hotel.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Really enjoyed your report. My daughters on a school trip and goes to phantasialand tomorrow. I’m very jealous. Think might have to plan a trip just like yours. I’d love to visit both parks.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great little trippie to two of my favourite parks. I’m glad Taron warmed up a bit for you (it’s my current No 1) - I know just what you mean about hype - we had that with Helix at Liseberg and I was a bit gutted after my first ride.

Thanks for sharing 👍🏻
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List