Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Feb 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Maybe some on here don’t want some little tricks to become to common.
Maybe some of us who pay a fortune to stay there get peed off when the car park is full of free loaders taking the ≈≈≈≈?

Edited at 09:43 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Pay for Valet parking and stay as long as you want perfectly in your rights to do so
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 22, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

How would they know who to tow. Iv entered many Disney car parks to dine or wander around. Whilst staying on or off.
I realise they now only allow you in if you have a reservation but Iv never had my car registration taken normally just my drivers license or ID.
Was that before resorts started charging guests for parking?

My guess is that now the parking charges are in place, they will be more sophisticated in how this is managed. It may not be visible but I would guess they probably used some form of ANPR system to manage this now.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
Was that before resorts started charging guests for parking?

My guess is that now the parking charges are in place, they will be more sophisticated in how this is managed. It may not be visible but I would guess they probably used some form of ANPR system to manage this now.
Have not been there for 2 years so would not know about anpr. Never seen that in Florida either. Sadly if it comes in that's the end of hundreds of jobs at Disney.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Maybe some of us who pay a fortune to stay there get peed off when the car park is full of free loaders taking the ≈≈≈≈?
IV stayed at many resorts with or without a car for many many years.
IV spent many thousands in parking both hotels and oarks but would never call someone a freeloader because IV paid. There's plenty of parking at all resorts.
Personally I lovec seeing people getting free parking on a piece of tarmac paid for a thousand times over and maybe more.
The money just goes into their greedy pockets not yours.
I'm sure everyone on here have moved the goalposts at least once in their lives that breaks some rules. Glasshouses and all that..

Edited at 07:56 AM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

but would never call someone a freeloader because IV paid. There's plenty of parking at all resorts.
But you haven't paid, that's the issue. Whatever you've done or paid for on previous trips doesn't give you credit to not pay on future ones.

There also isn't plenty of parking at all the resorts. GF, Poly, CR, BC, YC and BWI have these rules in places because spaces are limited and guests do suffer if spaces are taken for theme park parking.

It's no surprise how it's always the people who don't pay to stay in these resorts think it's an amazing idea but those who are trying to park and get back to their room don't.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
But you haven't paid, that's the issue. Whatever you've done or paid for on previous trips doesn't give you credit to not pay on future ones.

There also isn't plenty of parking at all the resorts. GF, Poly, CR, BC, YC and BWI have these rules in places because spaces are limited and guests do suffer if spaces are taken for theme park parking.

It's no surprise how it's always the people who don't pay to stay in these resorts think it's an amazing idea but those who are trying to park and get back to their room don't.
100% agree ,we’re at Contemporary this year and having stayed there previously know what it’s like looking for spaces ,which were filled with people ‘ using tricks ‘ to be close to MK. But they’ll argue on here with you that they are entitled because Disney owes them

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17

Edited at 11:40 AM.
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Until Disney closes the loop holes or spends some money they make from parking on a multi story at your preferred hotels then it is what it is.
I doubt the problems you are experiencing is down to misuse or tricks on a large scale. More likely just not enough space for guests and restaurant bookings full stop.
Old 12 Feb 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Until Disney closes the loop holes or spends some money they make from parking on a multi story at your preferred hotels then it is what it is.
I doubt the problems you are experiencing is down to misuse or tricks on a large scale. More likely just not enough space for guests and restaurant bookings full stop.
No chance they will ever be building multi stories.

Should just not allow anyone except for hotel guests to park there… and tow every other car.

People who abuse the system ruin it for everyone else.

Edited at 06:19 PM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Have not been there for 2 years so would not know about anpr. Never seen that in Florida either. Sadly if it comes in that's the end of hundreds of jobs at Disney.
Why would people be out of a job?
We didn’t have to pay for parking 2 years ago so I would imagine something has changed so they can keep an eye on it.
Oh and the Lodge guys? The same ones who try any old trick in the book to save a few bucks?
Really wouldn’t be holding them up as examples .

Edited at 06:16 PM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List