Notices

Old 12 Feb 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Shh... It's A... Not A Secret!

So, 2 years on from my last pre-trippie it's time for another I think. Plans are a little closer to "confirmed" so the excitement starts to build...

The last pre-trippe was all around the massive secret of DD's first ever proper Disney experience in DLP. Which went pretty good if I do say so myself... This trip, not a secret.

The Gang
Me - Paul (44) the DH, the Captain, chief planner, finance manager...
DW - Elizabeth (42), keeps me in check, likes to go with the flow...
DD - Lucie (8), 8 going on 18... never flown before! This is going to be interesting...

Summary
Our first onsite Disney experience was way back in 2007 at ASMo, so heck, lets stay there for Lucie's first WDW trip. Booked back in April 2021 in the midst of the pandemic thinking all shall be well come August 2022.. Also, the 50th deals had not long come out and managed to bag some Quidco cashback along with blue light card discout to make the Disney part of the package pretty good value.
So glad I booked the flydrive when I did too considering what prices look like at the moment. Saved a chunk of money flying into Miami, happy to drive up to Orlando so thats extra spends we should have...

The Intinerary (of course subject to change)

NB: currently there are no plans to be buying Genie+. Also, one park reservation per day, on most days will hop somewhere else and decide on the day what we feel like doing.

August 19th/20th
The unknown bit at the moment. Can't decide if we're setting off from home on the Friday night - when Liz gets home from work, or early Saturday morning... Firday is Liz's late stay at work, earliest she'll be home is 7pm.. Would rather be off and on our way Friday night so as not to be tangling with M25 traffic on Saturday morning!
VS5 at 12:15 out of LHR, arrive MIA 16:35. Then onwards to WDW... Coffee and food on the way...

August 21st
1st day. a leisurely day (relatively speaking!) at Animal Kingdom, 1st up has to be Kilimanjaro Safari... Will probably spend all day here as the plan is to book Sanaa for dinner. However, looking at dummy bookings recently at 60 days the best I seem to be coming up with is 9:10pm... a bit late even for me!

August 22nd
A full on assualt of Magic Kingdom. Open til close... Dawn til dusk... any other phrases welcome! Crystal Palace for dinner.

August 23rd
Reckon i'll be on my own for this one... Hollywood Studios and all things Star Wars - if at all possible... I don't mind waiting for stuff so will send the DW and DD off to enjoy whatever they want. Later in the day planning on a walk (or boat) down to the Boardwalk area and dinner at ESPN.

August 24th
A fairly relaxed day today. The DW will be catching some rays on the beach while me and the DD will be charging round Typhoon Lagoon. Later in the day we'll be chiling round the ASMo pool area before an evening at Epcot. Not really planned any dining today.

August 25th
Epcot again today, get in early and see how the day pans out. Hoping Garden Grill will be fully operational and character dining in full swing.

August 26th
A bit of golf... ? Why not. Afternoon chill and then onto Magic Kingdom.

August 27th
Breakfast at Tusker House, and again hopeful that character dining is back to it's best. Then we're off out for the day to a mall or two... Then evening dinner at wherever we fancy. I noted Uno/Outback on the itinerary just because we've eaten at both numerous times previously and really enjoyed them. But, guess we shall see what we fancy while driving around.

August 28th
Back to Hollywood Studios, and assuming i've done the Star Wars stuff I wanted then today will be more of a family day and dinner at Sci-Fi. Even if managed it first time we'll be heading to Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular... Just recently managed to convince Lucie to watch the films, she didn't seem interested...

August 29th
Time for the other water park and the other golf... And an evening of fun at Magic Kingdom. Dinner at Tony's Town Square.

August 30th
Another relaxed day today at Animal Kingdom. Never tried it before so looking at booking Yak and Yeti.

August 31st
Epcot again. Time to be fully immersed in the World Showcase I think today - see whats changed... Maya Grill for dinner.

September 1st
I've booked Hollywood Studios, but I think today is one of those days where we'll get up and decide which park(s) we want to hit. Maybe, we'll head to HS and try and fit in as many parks/attractions/shows/rides as we can. Heading to Magic Kingdom last to then get to Whispering Canyon for dinner.

September 2nd
Whoaaaa... what just happened. Last day already... ! ?
Better make the most of it then. Magic Kingdom for the day. And if we've managed to save some pennies then shopping for some merch it shall be. A day to take in the magic and just enjoy.

September 3rd
Ah well. Guess it had to end at some point. Pack up the car, check out and off we go. Crying all the way to Miami...
See you real soon.. 2024 maybe?
Old 12 Feb 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting to be taking your daughter on her first trip to wdw. You'll be heading out a few days after we get back. All your plans sound great fun, I'm hoping Garden Grill opens up for breakfast as I loved that on our last trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Lots of plans already!

Just to warn you, ESPN is currently closed and based on rumours may not reopen….might want to explore other options just in case.?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Lots of plans already!

Just to warn you, ESPN is currently closed and based on rumours may not reopen….might want to explore other options just in case.?
I heard that earlier on another thread, very disappointed! 😢
ADRs might go out the window at 60 days and just book whatever’s available 🤣 Alternatively book nothing and see what comes up the week or day before!
Old 12 Feb 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I have Galaxies Edge down for 23rd August as well. See you there!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Last few pieces starting to fall into place today…..
ESTAs done and approved within 45 minutes.
Meet and greet parking at Heathrow sorted.
Booked airport hotel last week so that’s something else off the to do list.

Think the last major piece of the jigsaw is ADR day….. could be interesting..
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Sooooo, ADR day has come and gone. A bits changed since I first posted this pre-trippie...

So, amendments are:
Yeah, no more pre-departure testing. Such a weight off.. As i'm typing this update i'm currently "suffering" with COVID. Bloomin' typical...
Virgin have made 1 billion changes to our flight times, currently we're out of LHR at 13:10 and into MIA at 17:35. And MIA - LHR is now 21:10. This has meant I really needed to plan something for our last day so just thrown in a park reservation for AK and will have a nice morning there before heading to MIA.
In terms of ADRs, I managed to get almost all those I wanted, changed up a couple though.
We canned Ohanas, having looked through the menu again we decided it didn't look great. We've eaten there previously but it just didn't look like we remember, so swapped that and trying Trail's End instead.
Garden Grill was impossible to get so instead opted for Story Book Dining with Snow White. This looks good. Actually excited to give this one a try...
Switched Crytal Palace for Grand Floridian Cafe.
And the last swap we made was Maya Grill, opted for Trattoria al Forno instead. Maya Grill wasn't showing any availabilty for any of the days/times we wanted.

So, all in all, think thats the itinerary pretty much firmed up.
And thanks to Doodles (legend) I will soon have some actual park maps to do some virtual park walks around the attractions and "stuff". Will then start making some notes for each day around must see's and must do's.

Must admit, this is about the most excited i've been since booking.
Old 24 Jun 22, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Have a fantastic time. Make those forever memories we all cherrish.

Your excitement shines through your posts 💜

Disney332