Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Mar 22, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Sounds like a great first day.

We had the same issue with our phones when we arrived. Were you using a different sim to the one you normally use? I think my issue was I was using the Airalo esim and it didn’t work for calls. (Different car company to the one you used).

Enjoy the rest of your trip.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post

We had the same issue with our phones when we arrived. Were you using a different sim to the one you normally use? I think my issue was I was using the Airalo esim and it didn’t work for calls. (Different car company to the one you used).

I think it helps to use your phone (or at least mine) in the airport as it calls via the wifi for calls, texts etc. Outside LAX terminals it is a concrete zoo and signal spotty

Edited at 08:48 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Great report, thank you for sharing.
How is the weather? I’m starting to think about what I need to take.
Old 3 Mar 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post

It's just my usual sim as I have free data roaming. I think its just so built up there. Probably best to call in the airport before going outside.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Great report, thank you for sharing.
How is the weather? I’m starting to think about what I need to take.
Weather for our first 2 days has been hot! Shorts and vest top, not worn a hoody at all yet as find even 1st thing it's fine. Not been out late yet as jet lag bad so out early and back early but still managing 10 hrs in park. Forecast is now for cooler weather, 21 today compared to 27 to 30 past two days. Then rain and temps of 15/16 for weekend so I'll update on here what we needed to wear.

Edited at 05:35 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Weather for our first 2 days has been hot! Shirts and vest top, not worn a hoody at all yet as find even 1st thing it's fine. Not been out late yet as jet lag bad so out early and back early but still managing 10 hrs in park. Forecast is now for cooler weather, 21 today compared to 27 to 30 past two days. Then rain and temps of 15/16 for weekend so I'll update on here what we needed to wear.
Sounds great, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your trip!
Old 3 Mar 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 2.
Awake at 4am again, Charlotte slept later as she's used to working lots of night shifts. We grabbed breakfast from McDonald's and took it back to the room. Slower morning, got to DCA at about 8.30/9. Went right as we entered and went on Soaring, wait time was about 20 minutes. Then we walked past the grand californian entrance and went into Pixar Pier, omg we loved it here😍 we rode incredicoaster, wait time about 45 mins. What an amazing coaster, so smooth!
Then we got slushies from Bing Bongs sweet treats and had a sit in the shade. Wait time for midway mania was huge so we went on sill symphony swings and the the Pixar Pal around, non swinging, I'm not that brave 🤣🤣
midway mania still over an hour standby so we walked to radiator springs. This area is amazing, it blew us away. We has bacon, mac and cheese cone from cozy cone motel, very filling. We purchased LL for later on radiator springs racer as wait times huge. $7 each. Then we walked into Avengers Campus, wow, again blown away by it all. My favourite films are Guardians of The Galaxy and I've been dying to do mission breakout. Waits for this had been solidly 60 mins plus but it dropped to 35 so I dashed on. It was amazing, the music, the theming, the ride, I loved it so much. I did it on my own as Char hates drop rides. We then took a look in the animation academy, very nice place for a cool down. Then back to Avengers campus for Spiderman show. We purchased LL for webslingers as again wait times 80 mins. Time for radiator springs, well worth $7 to skip huge line. Awesome ride, it helped that we won 🤣🤣
back to Avengers where we just sat and watched the character interactions and then the Avengers assemble show. Webslingers had been down for an hour but it opened back up just as our LL opened. Wow, loved this more than I thought I would, I got top score in our car 🤭 I was flagging now and midway mania still a huge wait so we decided to call it a day. We walked back to hotel via coldstone creamery, their ice creams are delish 😋 try as I might I only managed to stay awake until 8.30. I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Old 4 Mar 22, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 3
I slept a little later this morning, waking at about 7am. We had a slow start and entered DCA at around 10.30. We slowly walked towards Pixar Pier as we had dining reservation at Lamplight lounge for 11.35. All of the food and wine booths were open today even though it doesn't officially start until Friday. The park was heaving today, its a cold day today, the wind is icy! I wore cycle shorts and a t shirt but 1uite quickly had to put my spirit jersey on and didn't take it off for the rest of the day. We checked into Lamplight lounge online and then were seated next to the bar outside. It was chilly but worth it for the views. We shared potatoes skins to start, OMG...
these were amazing. Then i had salmon which came in a toasted bun and fries 😍 char had a beef burger. We had falling with style non alcoholic cocktail which was also yummy. This was by far our best meal, it was soooooo much better than blue Bayou and I would put this as a priority for any future dining reservations. We then walked to midway mania, wait time of 65 minutes but we thought this would give our food time to settle. The wait time was accurate. We then went on Incredicoaster, wait time posted as 60 mins but they had both sides open and we were on in about 35 minutes. We then wandered around, got a blackberry lavender lemonade from a food and wine stall.
We then queued for monsters Inc for 60 minutes! Wait times today were long for everything. We purchased a Lightening lane for webslingers for a bit later. It was dark by now so we walked back to Pixar Pier to take some photos of it lit up, then back to cars land to take photos of all the neon signs there too.
We also went to get some potstickers from lucky fortune cookery which were lovely. Time for our LL on webslingers, love this ride. Everyone was getting excited as there was someone famous in front of us but we didn't recognise her and I asked the American girl by us she didn't know either 🤣 it was now about 8pm and really cold and so we decided to call it a day. We stopped in the shop that sells all the treats on the way out and bought confetti popcorn and a Grogu rice krispie treat and said our goodbyes to DCA. 10 minute walk and we were back in our room. Legs and feet are aching today. To summarise, we both loved DCA more than we thought we would, I highly recommend Lamplight lounge if you can get a reservation too.
Tomorrow is our last day here at Disneyland and we are in the Disneyland Park. I fully expected to be heaving with long waits but the only ride we've not managed yet is BTM. We are going in later, at around lunchtime, so we can stay and hopefully watch the fireworks, if the weather is OK as rain is forecast.

Edited at 04:28 PM.
Old 4 Mar 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Really enjoying reading about your trip. Sounds fab.🥰
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 4.
Today is our last Disney day and we spent it in Disneyland Park. Had a Panera Bread breakfast and entered the park at around 11.30.
We had decided to try Genie + today to compare it to WDW. We purchased as soon as we entered the park, $20 each. Today the weather is pretty chilly but park is rammed. We managed loads of rides today and found Genie + so much better here and we definately utilised it to the max. We got LL for Star Tours, Buzz lightyear, big thunder mountain, smugglers run, haunted mansion, indiana Jones, it's a small world, autopia, space mountain. We did standby for Rise of the resistance,
pirates, winnie the pooh, another ride on star tours and buzz.
We were planning on watching the fireworks but it started raining and was cold so we bailed and went back to the hotel. I have to say Genie + works so much better here and I would recommend it. We couldn't have done as many rides just doing standby. Sad saying goodbye to Disney and we have both decided we love it here, possibly more than WDW and we will be back pretty soon. I can highly recommend The Fairefield Inn by Marriott as a great place to stay and so close to park entrance. We are now excited about the next part of our trip to North Hollywood to do universal and lots of sight seeing.

Edited at 04:46 PM.