Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 5 Apr 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
I'm not sure if you have kids with you, but if not 2:22 is worth the watch!
Dh and I loved it. I cried at the end 😳
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I know I’m in the minority, and also I’ve worked it for 6months. I love the music for wicked, I love the costume, I don’t mind the story. I just absolutely cannot sit through the show and I don’t know why 😂.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I know I’m in the minority, and also I’ve worked it for 6months. I love the music for wicked, I love the costume, I don’t mind the story. I just absolutely cannot sit through the show and I don’t know why 😂.
That is quite weird haha. I'm actually not into a lot of musicals, I have to really like the soundtrack to get into it, but I love the music. I also love the 'alternative' story, I love stuff like that, reimagining of original stories etc. Although I couldn't read the book, it was awful, far too detailed!

I did prefer the Broadway production to West End,although can't really put a finger on why they're much the same, probably just happier to be in NY haha.

Are you back to work comfortably now? I remember your posts from the pandemic. It is no nice to be back to the theatre.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

That is quite weird haha. I'm actually not into a lot of musicals, I have to really like the soundtrack to get into it, but I love the music. I also love the 'alternative' story, I love stuff like that, reimagining of original stories etc. Although I couldn't read the book, it was awful, far too detailed!

I did prefer the Broadway production to West End,although can't really put a finger on why they're much the same, probably just happier to be in NY haha.

Are you back to work comfortably now? I remember your posts from the pandemic. It is no nice to be back to the theatre.
I’ll have to leave the Broadway review for you, I just can’t bring myself to see it 😂. Come from away we’re going to do in Broadway because if there’s a musical you need to see it New York - it’s that one. We’re going to do something else as well but I’m not sure what.

Mostly, yes we are! It’s a bit sketchy because we still have cancellations and staff shortages due to covid. It’s still hairy at times! But it’s so much better than it was so we’re okay riding this time!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’ll have to leave the Broadway review for you, I just can’t bring myself to see it 😂. Come from away we’re going to do in Broadway because if there’s a musical you need to see it New York - it’s that one. We’re going to do something else as well but I’m not sure what.

Mostly, yes we are! It’s a bit sketchy because we still have cancellations and staff shortages due to covid. It’s still hairy at times! But it’s so much better than it was so we’re okay riding this time!
We are going to NY in June, I’ve never heard of Come from away, I’m tempted now!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We are going to NY in June, I’ve never heard of Come from away, I’m tempted now!
We saw it in London June 2019. I laughed, I cried and I laughed some more. One of the best pieces I have ever seen.

We are doing NY for my 30th in September and I can’t wait!
Old 5 Apr 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You should check it out. Incredibly moving but also funny and uplifting - definitely not a gloomy watch despite the circumstances. One of the most joyful shows i have ever seen.

I do love Wicked but I think I have seen it enough times. We saw it in NYC (the Gershwin is a lovely theatre) with I think the third cast? And then several times in London.

I think it just sounds better with American accents as that's how it was written (and of course that's how Wizard of Oz sounds). I felt the same when I saw the Lion King - hearing lines like "It better not be somplace lame" in a British accent just felt a bit off somehow.

It is so lovely to have multiple theatre threads running again!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

For me there are some stand outs

Mary Poppins - paid £25 a seat last summer wasn't expecting much absolutely loved it
Hamilton - Loved it
Book of Mormon - Thought i would hate it as i hate south park but loved it!
ALW Cinderella seats are half price on the website all levels April to May performances. it is fantastic.
Dirty dancing Awful never again
Matilda - Love it, irritates me how talented those kids are!
Lion king seen it 3 times loved it the first two times current cast just didn't feel as good but still enjoyable.
Wicked - seen it twice enjoyed it but wouldn't rush back again
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Pascaltimon View Post
Matilda - Love it, irritates me how talented those kids are!
I had no expectations for this but it was incredible. The kids doing things better than some adults in shows I’ve seen! We were front row too which was an experience in itself.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’re just back from a London trip - we’d booked to see Back to the Future, which was great fun! I didn’t realise, but we’d booked seats in the ‘McFly zone’ (even if I’d realised, I didn’t know what that meant, but if you’ve seen it, you’ll know!) Definitely recommend seats in the middle of row C or D (or possibly A or B, but I felt like they would be a bit too close to the stage for me.)

Frozen seemed to be advertised all over the underground when we arrived, and I’d been wanting to see it anyway, so I ended up booking last minute same-day tickets to see it, and it was such a good decision! The girls had thought they were too old for it when we were originally picking which show to see (10 and 14) but we all absolutely loved it!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List