Link to this Post
tomjoe
Excited about Disney

That's a great travel day really, not sure how you managed to go out that night
Old 9 Jun 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sorry about the delay due to the weather, but it’s nice that you’ve got the garden room for longer 🙊
Love your refillable 50 mugs
Pizza looked yummy 😋😋
Enjoy

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 1 Part 1

Howdy!

Thanks for all the likes and comments so far!

I woke up around 4am and dozed for a couple of hours until we go up and ready. We were at the bus stop at 6.45am.. with the plan being to bus it to Magic Kingdom and monorail to the Poly..however that was a rookie error as Magic Kingdom didn’t open for early entry until 8.30am so we were too early for the buses. We called an Uber which took around 5 mins to get to us - $10 plus tip.

The Poly was as stunning as ever!

As we were early we headed to the beach area but all the chairs were wet so we just stood to enjoy the view.

We checked in at 7.40am for our 8.05am reservation at Ohana, and waited less than 5 minutes to be called in.

There were quite a few empty tables around us, which is why I guess we were able to be seated when we arrived rather than at our booked time.

We were given POG juice (pineapple, orange guava juice), which I thought id be obsessed with but wasn’t. It was nice enough but nothing to particularly rave about over any other juice imo. DH got a coffee too.

Next up was the fruit bowl and the pineapple bread. Both were equally as delicious. I could really taste the icing on the pineapple bread, and not too much pineapple. It reminded us of a Belgian bun consistency.

Our skillets came out quite soon after the fruit and bread. We had 4 Mickey waffles and syrup, then on the other skillet were 2 biscuits, 4 sausages, scrambled egg, 2 small pieces of ham and some potatoes cut into wedges.

We both are the waffles first adding some fruit and syrup to them. I really enjoyed them and would have been satisfied with just the waffles and fruit for breakfast.

Initially I was disappointed with the amount of ham we got as that was my favourite part of the second skillet, along with the potatoes and surprisingly the scrambled eggs. I didn’t like the biscuit and wasn’t over keen on the sausage which I thought tasted smoky.

Our waitress asked if we wanted more of anything we we got extra ham and potatoes (she also threw on an extra sausage for good measure).

We were offered more food but we were both absolutely stuffed so the waitress said she would bring our cheque.

Ohana don’t accept the dining credit, so we paid with my magic band, which the waitress took away for some reason.

Anyway, the bill came to $53.25 and we left $10 tip.

We both enjoyed Ohana. It was nice to go somewhere different on the first morning, the atmosphere was nice as they had music playing from Lion King, our server was friendly and the food was delicious and filling.

We had a quick look in the shop where I bought one of the 50th pins before heading to the monorail. It was on there I realised I had lost 2 bins I had attached to my bag, the 2019 POFQ and a Minnie my brother bought me from Disney Japan 😭 I wasn’t going to let it ruin my morning as it’s my own fault for thinking they would be safe on my bag, but I did feel sad about losing them.

Anyway, we arrived in Magic Kingdom at 8.50am and stayed until 11.45am riding Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder and Splash Mountain.

It’s been hot today, so we decided to hop by Aloha Isle on our way out of the park to o I’m up an ice cream float.

I thought I’d seen them do mobile order here, but when we arrived it wasn’t available so we queued around 15 minutes to be served.

This was the menu:

DH chose the tropical serenade float and I had the crooning flower.

Total for both was $15.95

We stool in the exit to Tiki Room to eat then using our reusable straws for the first time.

The lime ice cream on mine made it really very refreshing, however, I liked the juice better in DH’s. It gave me brain freeze a few times, but hit the spot and got me excited for the night blossom in Animal Kingdom tomorrow which if I remember rightly was very limey. DH said the cake pop tasted very coconutty.

We decided to leave Magic Kingdom and have an afternoon shopping, and we did just at the right time as we hadn’t been at the bus stop for 5 mins when the rain rolled in.

I took a photo of our bottle to show you what we have been using to stay hydrated today. We have 2 of these which we filled up before leaving the room this morning with a large bottle of water I bought in the airport and put in the fridge when we got to the room yesterday. The bottles keep the water really cool.

We headed to the shops at Rolling Oak and hit Ross Dress for Less and TJ Maxx before going to Target.

I bought a couple of new bags, some make up and two dresses in total, and DH bought a small rucksack to help me out with space in mine during the day.

In Target we picked up 24 waters, some M&M’s, Milk Duds, foot spray, some Physicians Technique clear mascara and eye shadow, 2% milk and some orange juice and it came to $49.26.

On our way out we noticed a Pizza Hut counter, and deciding we were now ready for lunch picked up an individual cheese pizza, an individual pepperoni and 3 breadsticks to eat in the car.

We had taken our refillable mugs with us so ended up having a nice car picnic.

It only dawned on us when we started eating the pizza it’s what we had last night, but it didn’t matter - we really enjoyed them. The bases were thick but not too crispy and the breadsticks came with a lovely marinara sauce - we both polished off the lot.

Total $12.18 which seemed like good value for what we got.

We headed back to our hotel and lugged our haul up 3 flights of stairs! We have loaded the fridge up, and I went to get a top of of drinks in our refillable mugs. Coffee for DH and hot chocolate for me. If you have a refillable mug in Disney you must try the hot chocolate- it’s really smooth and delicious.

We have had showers and DH is dozing next to me. I’ve cracked open my milk duds but have been good and only had 3 or 4.

Our original plan was to head to Teak Neighbourhood Grill tonight, but we have both said having the 4pm lunch means we won’t do it justice, so DH has suggested heading back to Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks.

It’s 5.55pm right now and the way I feel at the moment I could happily stay in tonight, snooze and watch tv… who knows what we will end up doing….. sorry it doesn’t make for very interesting food report reading, but I’ll update you whatever we decide.

Thanks for reading!

Edited at 12:09 PM.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Great first day, ohana breakfast looked good!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 1 Part 2

After snoozing, we decided to head to Disney Springs rather than Magic Kingdom and took our leisurely time getting ready before catching the boat from POFQ to Springs(one of the reasons we love POFQ so much).

Feeling thirsty we stopped for drinks, an IPA for Dah ($10) and a Starbucks large Strawberry açai for me ($6.34).

We did some shopping - a spirit jersey for me, a collar for our pooch, a little quote and frame from Sugarboo (love that store) before collecting our Star Wars Magic Bands from Planet Hollywood.

Next up was dinner and we went to DLuxe Burger.

I had the cheeseburger, DH had the BBQ burger, large fries to share, strawberry shake for me and a vanilla shake for DH.

DH’s -

And mine-

Total was $48.43 and we were able to use our dining credit.

The food didn’t take too long to come out, we were given a pager but it was brought out to us, I think being 10pm and hardly anyone in there made the difference.

The food was amazing - the burgers were homemade and tasted so, the fries were skin on and perhaps cooked in some sort of flavoured oil. I picked up a bourbon bbq sauce to go with them - delicious!

The shakes were thick - it’s taken us an hour almost to drink them.

Lovely food, tasted great and not too bad value either.

We did some more shopping in world of Disney (Minnie ears), before one final stop at Goofys Candy Company for a Rice Krispie treat ($5.25) for the room to munch on as and when. They would not accept the dining credit here.

We’re now on the boat back to POFQ and it’s 11pm.

Tomorrow we have a morning at Animal Kingdom, but won’t set any alarms and see what time we wake up.

Thanks for reading!

Edited at 12:10 PM.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Looks like a great first day - and that rice crispies treat looks delicious!
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

I noticed delux burger have changed the burgers and they used to cook them
Medium and had the option in the app to have them cooked well done. The app and menu no longer mention if they are still cooked as medium as standard and no option to pick well done. Can I ask how the burgers Now come (ie medium or fully cooked)? Thanks
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ohana looks delicious as do your Delux burgers. 😍 Sounds like you did some great shopping too!

Edited at 08:40 AM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
I noticed delux burger have changed the burgers and they used to cook them
Medium and had the option in the app to have them cooked well done. The app and menu no longer mention if they are still cooked as medium as standard and no option to pick well done. Can I ask how the burgers Now come (ie medium or fully cooked)? Thanks
We didn’t get asked how we wanted them, but they were certainly well done - there was no sign of any pink in them - I would have noticed that for sure!
Old 10 Jun 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

The breakfast at ohana looks good 😊
Sounds like a lovely 1st day.
Have a great day today
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List