Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Jun 22, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

WOW that pineapple bread looked so delicious and a reasonable price for breakfast too
Those Ice creams I need to try one 😋😋
Lovely view from the beach in the morning
I love Milk Duds too but to have 3 or 4 is just wrong 🙄😂😂
Super willpower 💪💪

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 2 Part 1

Happy Friday!

I woke up at 4am again and nodded in and out of sleep.

When I woke I had some OJ we bought yesterday and ate 2 ears from my Rice Krispie treat (tastes amazing - very sweet so not for everyone but I love them) whilst reading the 50th magazine in our room.

Today we were off to Animal Kingdom for the morning.

Upon arrival, we headed to Starbucks for breakfast. DH got a yoghurt pot, I got a butter croissant, a strawberry açai refresher and I mistakenly got DH a cappuccino as I misheard him when he actually said Frappuccino. Oops.. I did offer to queue up again to get him the right drink but he said he’d make so with the cappuccino.

Total came to $20.09

We had a little wander around the gorilla trail after heading towards safari intending on queuing for it, but changed our mind when we saw it was a 140 minute wait.

Next we headed toward Pandora as I wanted to get my beloved night blossom.

We waited around 10 minutes in the queue, and once at the front ordered a Pongu lumpia and a night blossom.

Total came to $10.79 and we used our dining card.

The night blossom was as good as I remember, DH said it was too sweet, but I didn’t mind as I meant I didn’t have to share 😂

Unfortunately, I didn’t like the lumpia - the ‘crust’ was soft, and the cream cheese and pineapple filling just tasted like mush in the middle. I would not recommend it at all.

Next up we got in the queue for Navi River - it was posted 60 minute wait but we waited around 70 minutes in the end. We didn’t do this on our 2019 trip choosing fast pass for FOP instead. We both really enjoyed the ride despite the wait.

We decided to grab some lunch before heading back to the resort, and headed towards Harambe Market. When we got there I didn’t really fancy anything on the menu, so we decided to head over to Yak and Yeti quick service instead.

On the way over it started raining, so we decided to try our luck getting into Yak and Yeti restaurant, even though we had forgotten our Landry Card.

Whilst in the queue the lady in front of us had her card on her phone and told us there was an app you could log into if you didn’t have your card.

When we got to the counter we were told a 15/20 minute wait for a table, compared to 55 minutes for walk up.

The wait ended up being around 10 minutes.

We were taken upstairs to a table of two by the balustrades.

There was a specials menu and a normal menu.

Here’s the special menu:

And the normal menu:

DH chose the Safari Amber Ale in 22oz, and I had the non alcoholic strawberry daiquiri.

We decided to share some pot stickers to start, then DH chose the chicken teriyaki and I had the Korean beef.

We didn’t wait long for the pot stickers - we had 5 in total but there were only two left by the time I remembered to photograph them (sorry). I enjoy a little too much salt, so loved these dipping them into the soy sauce.

They were certainly as nice as the ones in Wagamama.

When we had finished we didn’t wait too long for our mains.

DH’s chicken teriyaki came with squashes, broccoli, carrot, sugar snap peas and coconut and pineapple salsa and coconut rice.
He said it was really tasty, fresh tasting and would have it again. The chicken was chicken breast.

My Korean beef was absolutely amazing. The beef was tender not at all chewy, it had quite a kick to it, and it was lovely to have some coriander, pineapple and peppers with it. The rice was sticky rice and calmed down the spice from the beef.

We both agreed it was the best meal we have had so far.

Our bill arrived quite quickly after I had finished eating. Total came to $76.96 but we had $25 credit on our card so $51.96 or $55.34 with tax. We left $15 tip and paid using our dining credits.

When we left they were telling people the wait up queue time was 2 hours.

So glad we decided spurr of the moment to see if they had any tables despite not having our card. It was a great meal, really tasty and an absolute steal with the Landry card too (DH said they would be paying us to eat there if we got any more money off &#128514

We have now returned to the resort, we waited around 40 minutes for a bus which was a pain, and it seemed like droves of people were leaving Animal Kingdom.

It’s 2.50pm now and we are just chilling in our room deciding whether to go to the pool or have a nap 😂

Whilst deciding I’ve eaten a few more milk duds and some more of my rice Krispy treat.

I think we may head back to Disney Springs again tonight (yes 3 nights in a row!), we have polite pig on our plan… but we’ll see what we end up doing now.

I’ll report back later.

Thanks for reading ☺️

Edited at 08:02 PM.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your report… yak & yeti is amazing, glad that you got in quickly! We always seem to end up at Disney springs more than we plan for but I just love to atmosphere in the evenings 😊
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh that beef looks so good as does that Rice Krispy thingy 🙊😋😋
So glad you haven’t finished the Milk Duds yet either
I liked Navi River too I know a lot of others don’t 😢
Great you managed to get your card on the App too, RESULT 🤩
Enjoy x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You know you are on holiday in Disney when you have rice Krispy treats for breakfast! 😁 Yak and Yeti lunch looks fab, Landry’s cards are like the golden ticket. 😆 have a great time at DS, we love Polite Pig. What a great day 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Loving this!

Your rice crispy treat looks exactly how I would make it.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Day 2 Part 2

We have had really bad storms this afternoon - I hadn’t realised if dozed off until I was woken by the biggest clap of thunder I’ve ever heard. The rain dried off and we headed to the boat to Disney Springs at around 5.30pm.

We had a wander around, and bought a couple more things from Sugar Boo before heading to Polite Pig for tea.

We ate there twice on our last trip at 2019 so we were both excited to try it again.

DH chose the brisket sandwich and added waffle fries for $5. He also had the burnt ends chilli and a sascon ale.

I chose the ribs with waffle fries and a strawberry mocktail.

Total was $72.42 and we were able to pay using our dining credit.

There were a few empty tables despite it being busy and we didn’t wait long for our drinks to come out.

I loved my drink, it wasn’t too icy so easy to drink through the small straw.

Our meals came out shortly afterwards. DH loved the burnt ends chilli eating it with his waffle fries. He said his sandwich tasted nice, but was only luke warm.

Unfortunately, I didn’t enjoy mine at all. When my ribs first came out they looked really good, but it soon became apparent they were full of fat. I had a layer of good meat on the top set, but the others were very poor quality. It took me so long to try to negotiate the ribs that my waffle fries had gone cold. A real disappointment. My drink was the best part to the meal.

Leaving Polite Pig feeling underwhelmed we decided to head back to the resort, but on the way came across the stalls selling the bubble waffles and ice cream.

The night was redeemed when I ordered the strawberry one which came with soft serve ice cream, white chocolate balls, fresh strawberries, a chocolate bow, chocolate covered water sticks and strawberry sauce. It was $8.99 before tax (can’t remember the after tax price as I don’t have the receipt) - they wouldn’t let me use the dining credit here so I paid on my magic band.

The stall is opposite the co-op
and we sat on the wall opposite Ghiridelli to eat it.

I loved every mouthful - the ice cream was similar to a McFlurry, the addition of the fresh strawberries was a real treat, and the waffle was fresh and warm. Hooray!

We sat and people watched a while longer, before heading to the boat where I’m reporting from now at 8.40pm.

We may hop down to pick up a hot drink for the room, but won’t eat anything else today so that’s a wrap for day 2!

Tomorrow the plan is Cracker Barrel for breakfast, shopping and Magic Kingdom tomorrow evening for the fireworks.

Thanks for following along!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Fab report so far .. really enjoying reading along.

That rice crispie treat 😍

The menu and photos from Polite Pig made me regret not visiting when we were in DS in Jan but then you said it wasn't great 🙁 such a shame! But then you had room for that amazing looking waffle!
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Fantastic report so far, lots of great/useful detail. So sad I missed that strawberry waffle cone last month but I've made a mental note for next time. How often do you get food that looks way better in real life than the advertised picture... usually never.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 22, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Really enjoying reading your TR 😊
Thanks for the heads up re the Pongu lumpia, sounds yucky!
I hate the huge claps of thunder in Florida, they are so loud & scary. 😬
The waffle sundae sounds & looks sooo nice. I’ve never noticed that stand before, mind you I’ve not been since 2019, but I’m definitely adding it to my list. 😋
Can’t wait to read about your day today, have fun 😁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List