Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Villages Nature Vs Davy Crockett

A question for you all please:

For the same price I can have either of these accommodations with 3 days of park tickets... which would you choose and why?

I love being immersed in Disney so am leaning towards Davy Crockett, but the pool at Villages Nature looks amazing!
Old 11 Apr 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Following… I’m ready to book for October half term, we have stayed at crockets many times and it’s ok, to me doesn’t actually feel Disney if I’m honest but it’s great value.

Price as you say is the same but crocket has 4 days park tickets and nature only has 2 days, it’s probably enough at 2 days but 3 would be ideal for us.
captain-codeye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Purely based on Trip Advisor reviews I would say go with Davy Crockett. The reviews for Villages Nature are mixed at best, and awful at worst.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Have only stayed at Davy Crockett but would highly recommend it. The cabins are definitely dated but I loved the whole location and I thought the pool there was actually really good as well, pretty big. You feel immersed in the onsite Disney experience still for sure.

You can actually visit the water park at Villages Nature with a day ticket if that appeals.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mima
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DSNY2022 View Post
Purely based on Trip Advisor reviews I would say go with Davy Crockett. The reviews for Villages Nature are mixed at best, and awful at worst.
I agree, we looked at villages nature for our trip but the trip advisor reviews are awful so opted for Davy Crocketts instead.

We were in the pool there today and it was lovely and quiet and very clean. Cant fault our accommodation either.
Princess_Mima is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Thanks all, that's a definite steer towards Davy Crockett for me then and I'm happy with that too!

It felt a bit "all is equal" but given the nod towards trip advisor I think Davy becomes a clear winner!
Old 21 Apr 22, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbelluk
Excited about Disney

Having done Davy in the past a few times, we did 7 days in Village Nature in March and it was amazing. I was seriously worried after reading the TA reviews, but in our experience, they couldn't have been further from the truth.

We stayed in a VIP cottage and it was perfect for us. The pool and the slides we winners for us as well and the children (11 & 12) said they can't wait to go back.

Funny enough, we booked again last night for the Summer Holidays and we've booked Village Nature again for all of the reasons above but this time in a comfort cottage as in all honesty apart from cooking and sleeping we didn't spend much time actually in the cottage.
Tinkerbelluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Just dug this previous post up, rather than starting another one. Like the op we might consider either Davy Crockett or Villages Nature as part of a holiday to France. Know nothing about the latter, but stayed in DC many years ago and recall it being very enjoyable.

Any further views on the merits of each, plus are they the same distance from the parks and is car parking included in packages? Thanks 🙂
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rickster1978
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve gone for Villages Nature this time after staying on site previously. We wanted to mix it up a bit and the kids love the Center Parcs pools so it seemed like a winner for us
Rickster1978 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
casper_gutman
Helping Minnie

We've stayed in both, and enjoyed both.

The Villages Natures accommodation is much spacious and more solid - proper apartments and bungalow things. The Davey Crockett "cabins" aren't much more than static caravans with a bit of fake wood cladding, really, and quite dated. That said, the maintenance and cleaning seemed better at Crockett (though this is based on one stay at each a few years apart so may not be a fair comparison).

In terms of facilities on site, Crockett has a fairly good pool by "hotel pool" standards and a restaurant of budget DLP hotel level, plus a small and fairly expensive (but not completely outrageous) shop.

Villages Nature has a seriously good pool/water park with multiple indoor and outdoor slides from two separate towers, tube slides, body slides, a drop slide, a lazy river, a big outdoor area, a splash zone. There's no comparison on the pools, and VN has loads more: a farm attraction, great indoor and outdoor play areas, bowling, amusements, bike hire...

Personally I'd choose VN if you wanted a trip of a week or more with DLP as one element of the holiday.

If you aren't going to use the waterpark and don't want to stroll/cycle around a big Center Parcs resort visiting different play areas and leisure facilities - e.g. if you just want somewhere to stay for a short break where DLP is the main focus, I'd go for Davey Crockett. It's more compact, quicker to get in and out of, you can park by your cabin and you won't feel short-changed by paying for loads of facilities you have no use for.
casper_gutman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List