Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 22, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Best time to go to Japan?

We’re thinking our next Disney trip will be Tokyo.

Not for a couple years yet but when if the best time to go?

Thanks.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Isn’t it supposed to be when the cherry blossoms are blooming ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We haven’t been yet but planning November 2023 (postponed 3 times already).

We can’t do heat or humidity so wouldn’t want to go in summer.

Autumn has the maple leaves which look beautiful.

Spring has the cherry blossom (sakura) which does look amazing. But there is a week of public holidays called Golden Week sometime in spring, so best to avoid that week.

TDR Explorer YouTube videos cover Disney as well as Universal (which isn’t in Tokyo). Abroad in Japan (not for kids, funny, sweary and very British) is good for Japan generally.

Cakes With Faces is another good and informative channel.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We went at the very beginning of August and it was hot,hot, hot. Imagine being in Florida during the month of August and then add a bit more hotness and humidity on to that. 😅

I think it would be lovely to go when all the blossom is on the trees.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

I haven't been yet but planning on March / April 2023. Booking my flights in 2 weeks time!

It was a toss up for me between then and November but I've been swayed by the Cherry Blossom.
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went in October the last time which was great, it was early autumn, the weather was very pleasant (pretty much perfect, not too hot but not too cold), and there were roasted chestnuts being sold everywhere it seemed (these were so good and I've yet to find as good chestnuts anywhere else, not sure what it is about Japanese chestnuts!).

I would love to go for sakura season but it seems like it is hard to predict when the sakura bloom. Was talking to a friend recently who said she tried to time a trip (before COVID) to see the sakura in season, but because the forecast isn't perfect she ended up being there a week or so early and had to leave just as the sakura were only starting to bloom.

Have friends who used to go skiing in Japan every year before COVID, think they used to go around March and they seemed to really like that time of the year (good for skiing in the North and then touring around a little bit after I guess!).
Old 15 Apr 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Early to mid-May is my fav time to go - saying that only been once!
It was sunny and warm but not too hot - am not a heat person.

If you want to see cherry blossom remember it is a moving time of flowering, depending where you are in the country. The season starts in the south, and moves north - here is one of the forecast web sites for this year.

japan-guide/sakura/

You could always go north or south with your Japan Rail pass and "chase" the blossom

Another YT person I devoured the videos of was "thisNatasha" - she has been to Tokyo / Tokyo Disney / great Japan quite a few times and love her style and content. TDR Explorer is probably the definitive one for Tokyo Disney, but I watched all the ones I could from both TDR and tN.

She does her trips generally with her boyfriend or brother - the BF is a vegetarian / vegan (not sure which) so ones with him on the trip tend to cover those food options.

Just do not play a drinking game to her saying "amazing!"

My trip in 28 days is 99.99% going to be cancelled - am giving myself to end of this month to see how things are - but have another trip booked for a week the end of October / start of November. I went for then as the weather is still supposed to be warm but not hot, but also when we arrive it will all be Halloween things, but a few days later - Christmas arrives!

Edited at 11:23 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I went in May and already it was too hot and humid for me.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List