Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Apr 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluerose
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Caribbean beach resort

We have previously stayed in the premium disney hotels.
Wilderness Lodge, Yacht and Beach clubs. Also Polynesian. Next year we are on a slightly lower budget. Has anyone got any experience of Caribbean beach resort. Being close to Epcot is a bonus
Thanks
Bluerose is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in January. Its a lovely resort and the skyliner was very handy but we wouldn't stay again due to the size of it, its absolutely huge! We actually drove from our room to the skyliner station in the end as we were in the block furthest away and it was a loooong walk.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We have always stayed in deluxe hotels other than a four night add on when our dates changed once, we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for those four nights.

I prefer the indoor corridors of deluxe hotels but I thought the CBR room was fine, I thought the couple of food options I tried were good. This was just before Skyliner, buses back to resort from parks were ok as I recall and not too bad going to parks other than for MK, when we had to go around to another bus stop.

I didn’t like the large resort size, I felt like the main amenities of Port Royal were all but inaccessible to me as it was such a long walk over and I didn’t pass through on the way back as I would get off buses nearer my room.

I am puzzled by your comment about proximity to EPCOt, or did you mean when you were at Beach / Yacht Club? I don’t think I would stay at CBR again. If I do a moderate again, I would pick POFQ as the resort size is the smallest (I think).

Edited at 07:55 PM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Pre-Skyliner but 1 & done for us, Port Royale is nice but we were miles away from it. As far as our room, 2 beds & very little to tell you you were at Disney at all! Comfort inn at 3x the price IMO
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I’ve not stayed there recently since the Skyliner came along, but have stayed there twice before back when it was bigger before the Riviera was built. I never felt it was that huge - usually only a 5 minute walk to get anywhere. I liked the fact that it was open and that the rooms weren’t close to the busy main building but still accessible if you don’t mind a short walk.

It’s a nice picturesque resort, with lovely views across the lake. You can watch the fireworks at Epcot and Hollywood Studios (when they are on) in the evening. Rooms are ok though nothing amazing. The doors to the room do open up to the outside, so the blocks do feel a bit like motels.

As for being close to Epcot… well, although it is quite close to the backside of Epcot it’s not like you can walk to it. You’ll still have to take the Skyliner to the International Gateway via the Riviera. Or a bus to the front entrance. It’s actually closer/quicker to Hollywood Studios.

There are DIBBer reviews of CBR here, although none are recent:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/hot... php?id=31#top

(I think people forget that the hotel review section exists here on the DIBB)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I’ve not stayed there recently since the Skyliner came along, but have stayed there twice before back when it was bigger before the Riviera was built. I never felt it was that huge - usually only a 5 minute walk to get anywhere. I liked the fact that it was open and that the rooms weren’t close to the busy main building but still accessible if you don’t mind a short walk.

It’s a nice picturesque resort, with lovely views across the lake. You can watch the fireworks at Epcot and Hollywood Studios (when they are on) in the evening. Rooms are ok though nothing amazing. The doors to the room do open up to the outside, so the blocks do feel a bit like motels.

As for being close to Epcot… well, although it is quite close to the backside of Epcot it’s not like you can walk to it. You’ll still have to take the Skyliner to the International Gateway via the Riviera. Or a bus to the front entrance. It’s actually closer/quicker to Hollywood Studios.

There are DIBBer reviews of CBR here, although none are recent:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/hot... php?id=31#top

(I think people forget that the hotel review section exists here on the DIBB)
I think it is misleading to suggest that it is a “usually” a five minute walk to anywhere. This is not going to be the case for many guests and somebody could end up making a poor choice for them if they believed that.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

We stayed in 2019 prior to the Skyliner, if you are going to stay there I would recommend a preferred room as they are closer to the facilities. We stayed in Martinique which was really handy for the buses and less ques and the first drop off on the way back from the parks.
With the skyliner in operation now, you would probably be better staying in Barbados block if you were going to stay at CBR as it’s closer to the skyliner. I believe they are also classed as preferred rooms.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

We stayed there in 1994. Thought it was far too big and took ages to get to the food court from our block. We also thought that the food court area was a bit dark and dingy. Made resort visits in 2016 and 2019 and still thought the same. And as for the "usually a five minute walk to anywhere" , I think someone is having a laugh.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think it is misleading to suggest that it is a “usually” a five minute walk to anywhere. This is not going to be the case for many guests and somebody could end up making a poor choice for them if they believed that.
Ok, well it was usually a 5 minute walk to anywhere for us.

But, yeah, I suppose for people who are slower walkers then it would take longer.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

We stayed in May/June 2018 and loved it. Our son still talks about the pool area with its squirting cannon and slides. There was also a quiet pool near our block and the laundrette area that we used for shorter periods. We were in a pirate-themed room near the Spyglass Grill, a five-minute walk away (yes really). It was a pleasant 20-minute stroll along to the pool and main food court and five minutes (yes!) to the bus stop, and the only time we waited more than 15 minutes for a bus we were given a paper fast pass for any ride.
The room was so-so (dark, not huge) but we weren’t in it much. We loved the tranquil landscaping and the convenience of the buses, and we had a car so ate out a lot. I wouldn’t have wanted to rely on Disney food.
I fancy Port Orleans Riverside for the greenery and POFQ for the small size if we stayed onsite again.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List