Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Apr 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by tonyspurs81 View Post
It's replies like yours that wanted me to put the effort in to write this report. This was our first trip as Vegans too. I'd be interested to hear how you get on at Disney as we will likely go next year all being well.
I'm planning to do a dining trip report so keep an eye out at the end of August!
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for a great report.

Not vegan but I am low carb and find food a wee bit tricky at times in Florida. I’d never heard of the Mexican camel but if it’s got create your own bowls it will be right up my street and we could order from there in the summer when at Endless Summer.
It's actually not too far from Endless Summer so you could walk there too!
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
This report has been incredibly useful in its detail and how you’ve covered everything. I really thank you, because our DD is vegan and I felt her options would be very limited - but you’ve helped me see much more clearly. Thank you!
I am glad you found it useful. I'm sure your DD will find plenty of nice things to eat and it will only get easier.
tonyspurs81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by CharOx View Post
Thanks for a great report of your trip food. Totally agree with how amazing that apple fritter is from Voodoo Donuts 😋

Florida has still got a way to go for vegan options, but is so much better than it was. I used to go as a vegetarian in the 80s and 90s and it was a nightmare getting any food. I've done 2 trips as a vegan now (2018 and 2019), always travelling with omnis and I've had great food. Lots of research is needed though and admittedly mainly on Disney property.

If not doing Disney next trip I'd suggest maybe a couple of the hotel restaurants there still. Ale & Compass is good for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sebastian's Bistro at Caribbean Beach is meant to be good too and I'm hoping to go in September. Also Sanaa at AKL for breads and curry. Melissa at Vegan Walt Disney world does food vlogs on YouTube and has a young child so you can get good suggestions from here. Princess and the Bear do vegan food vlogs too.

Off property I also like YardHouse (but you're right a bit pricey) and Confisco Grill at IOA. A couple of other places I'm going to try next trip in the IDrive area are Kobe Steakhouse (does a vegan Teppanyaki) and The Melting Pot has vegan fondue (cheese to start, bouillon with veg, gyoza for main and chocolate dessert).

Your report has made me hungry now. Can't wait for 5 months until I get a Voodoo Donut!
Thanks for the tips. I can imagine it would have been tough in the 80s and 90s. It's amazing how things have changed and let's face it, if they can make money from it then they will offer it.
Old 25 Apr 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am not vegan or veggie but this food looks really tasty, I would definitely order some of these options as I love vegan fried chicken, I am adding Mexican Camel to the list for when we order to the hotel it looks great

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 22, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing!
When I saw the title I had my fingers crossed that you’d tried the apple fritter from Voodoo. It’s the snack I’ve been dreaming of since our last trip 😋😋
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tonyspurs81
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Thank you for sharing!
When I saw the title I had my fingers crossed that you’d tried the apple fritter from Voodoo. It’s the snack I’ve been dreaming of since our last trip 😋😋
Yes, when we return in 2023 I will be ordering the Apple Fritter again! It was so nice.
Old 28 Apr 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby B
VIP Dibber

Hi,

Really enjoyed reading along, what a good food report!

I am currently not vegan or veggie but would definitely like to cut back on my meat consumption. I do like veggie options and when I have tried veggie things when I am out I have really enjoyed them. So this food report has been really inspiring - thank you
Libby B is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting this!
Old 29 Apr 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Great dining report, so nice to see so many different Veggie/Vegan dishes 😊
I’m veggie, but doing my best to be as Vegan as possible with the hope of being fully Vegan one day.
Thanks for the Vegan wiki universal link too. 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List