Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 May 22, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Oh Louise, your cabin and balcony looks blissful 💞 I can sense your excitement now you’re all on board.

I’m so pleased you sorted the issue out re Katie being allowed to drink. I understand completely if you were in the US or US waters that she couldn’t drink but definitely not fair in European waters.

I actually prefer slow service at a restaurant, I like time to chat and digest my food between courses (and make way for the next course 😂 ) Your steak looks amazing.

Celebrating your wedding anniversary in Sicily will be wonderful, such a lovely way to celebrate after the past few years 💞 I will by toasting you both too (with my imaginary glass of champagne 😂 )
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh I’ve just found this as I’m so excited to read it all!

Thank goodness Katie got her alcohol card! That would definitely have been a shame.

We are sailing the med with celebrity in July (on the Edge) so I can’t wait to see more of this.

Have a wonderful time!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Ship looks amazing as does your room 💕💕 and so glad Katie can drink now to her hearts content 🙊🥂🍾🍹🍸🥃🍻
Have a wonderful Anniversary tomorrow 🍾🥂xx

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sicily

Our 25th wedding anniversary! Today we are going on a private tour that I have organised, along with two other couples who we ‘connected’ with before the cruise, on a forum much like the Dibb, Cruise Critic. We will be Honey and wine tasting and having lunch along with sight seeing.

We had a nice breakfast in the buffet, soooo quiet! Its very strange but nice to have so few people on board. I got cheerrios, and noticed they were love heart shaped (especially for our anniversary) then I popped down to the Cafe al Bacio for a latte, and a sticky bun, mmmmmmm! Delicious. And very naughty as I certainly won’t be out jogging like ClaireNJ to burn it off.

We met with our other tour guests at 10am, and then set off with our driver, Antonio, first to taste Honey and Olive Oils, then onto the Gambino winery at the side of Etna Volcano, for a leisurely lunch with wine tasting. The food and wines were delicious and we definitely got our moneys worth! Naps were needed all round after lunch. We then visited Castiglione di Sicilia, a hilltop town, that is largely abandoned nowadays and was eerily auiet. Apparently you can buy the abandoned properties from the government extremely cheaply, but they are all very dilapidated and in need of so much renovation it’s probably not a wise investment. Interesting place though.

My only gripe today was the other people on our tour, who insisted on debating covid and politics ALL day! Not very romantic guys! Was really annoying after a few hours.

We got back to the ship at 6:30 and found some lovely chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our cabin from our children! Really nice surprise. Quick change for dinner, tonight at Murano, the speciality restaurant.

Dinner was so decadent, they serve everything silver service with the big domes etc, George and Katie were blown away by it all. We had lobster bisque (served from a teapot) then George tried lobster tail which they flambéd by our table, it was his first time trying lobster and he loved it. We finished with a dessert called Crepe balon rouge - crepe filled with ice cream topped with strawberries flambéd again in cognac and balsamic (sounds strange but it was delicious) then they bought chocolate cake with candles for our anniversary and THEN chocolates! Oh lord. Was a struggle to finish, but we powered through. 🤣

After dinner we went to deck 4 for the silent disco. This was hilarious- Terry had never experienced anything like it but said he loved how everyone just let go, singing and dancing away to different music depending on which channel you tuned into - if you took your headset off was so funny listening to people singing badly! Such good fun.

Then finally to bed around midnight, and discovered the clocks go forward an hour.

A really good day. Feeling happy and relaxed it’s a lovely feeling….

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sea Day

Woke up around 8 (now 9am)
First thoughts ‘I feel tired and very very FAT’) 😱🤣

Decided to give breakfast a miss in the delusion that this will undo all the calories from yesterday (no chance) and went for a swim in the indoor pool instead. It was like a bath, and empty, result!

George and Katie have gone on a ‘Behind the Scenes’ ships tour. They got up late due to the time change so not sure how awake they will be for it.

I sat by the outdoor pool in the sun, with a Frozen Toasted Almond cocktail, another off the list and very nice too! Its Chocolate swirl, kaluha, amaretto, baileys and ice cream.

Before dinner Katie and I passed by the Martini Bar, and had a Frescatini - (watermelon martini) it was really refreshing and tasty, we are now connoisseurs of cocktails!

Dinner was at Tuscan Grill, an Italian style restaurant, and we dressed to impress tonight in our long dresses. The food and service were not as good as previously experienced here they are definitely having teething troubles with lack of or new crew etc.

We still ended the meal feeling completely over indulged and vowing never to eat again!

We went to bed feeling excited about tomorrow- we will be in Santorini! Cannot wait.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving this report! Fully caught up and seems like you are having a great time.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Our 25th wedding anniversary! Today we are going on a private tour that I have organised, along with two other couples who we ‘connected’ with before the cruise, on a forum much like the Dibb, Cruise Critic. We will be Honey and wine tasting and having lunch along with sight seeing.

We had a nice breakfast in the buffet, soooo quiet! Its very strange but nice to have so few people on board. I got cheerrios, and noticed they were love heart shaped (especially for our anniversary) then I popped down to the Cafe al Bacio for a latte, and a sticky bun, mmmmmmm! Delicious. And very naughty as I certainly won’t be out jogging like ClaireNJ to burn it off.

We met with our other tour guests at 10am, and then set off with our driver, Antonio, first to taste Honey and Olive Oils, then onto the Gambino winery at the side of Etna Volcano, for a leisurely lunch with wine tasting. The food and wines were delicious and we definitely got our moneys worth! Naps were needed all round after lunch. We then visited Castiglione di Sicilia, a hilltop town, that is largely abandoned nowadays and was eerily auiet. Apparently you can buy the abandoned properties from the government extremely cheaply, but they are all very dilapidated and in need of so much renovation it’s probably not a wise investment. Interesting place though.

My only gripe today was the other people on our tour, who insisted on debating covid and politics ALL day! Not very romantic guys! Was really annoying after a few hours.

We got back to the ship at 6:30 and found some lovely chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our cabin from our children! Really nice surprise. Quick change for dinner, tonight at Murano, the speciality restaurant.

Dinner was so decadent, they serve everything silver service with the big domes etc, George and Katie were blown away by it all. We had lobster bisque (served from a teapot) then George tried lobster tail which they flambéd by our table, it was his first time trying lobster and he loved it. We finished with a dessert called Crepe balon rouge - crepe filled with ice cream topped with strawberries flambéd again in cognac and balsamic (sounds strange but it was delicious) then they bought chocolate cake with candles for our anniversary and THEN chocolates! Oh lord. Was a struggle to finish, but we powered through. 🤣

After dinner we went to deck 4 for the silent disco. This was hilarious- Terry had never experienced anything like it but said he loved how everyone just let go, singing and dancing away to different music depending on which channel you tuned into - if you took your headset off was so funny listening to people singing badly! Such good fun.

Then finally to bed around midnight, and discovered the clocks go forward an hour.

A really good day. Feeling happy and relaxed it’s a lovely feeling….
Brilliant day
Love your yellow dress
And that Chocolate cake looks OMG 😋😋😋

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Your wedding anniversary looks wonderful, the meal sounds outstanding and how lovely to have George and Katie there you celebrate with you 💞 Such a shame the other people on the trip seemed such bores, who wants to discuss covid and politics on holiday ( or anywhere really) ? 🤷 The silent disco sounds a fun end to the day.

I love the look of your cocktail on the following day 😋 I bet Katie is pleased that she’s allowed to drink alcohol on the ship now 😂
Shame the meal wasn’t so good this evening, have to indulge in a nice big breakfast in the morning to make up for it 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Woke up around 8 (now 9am)
First thoughts ‘I feel tired and very very FAT’) 😱🤣

Decided to give breakfast a miss in the delusion that this will undo all the calories from yesterday (no chance) and went for a swim in the indoor pool instead. It was like a bath, and empty, result!

George and Katie have gone on a ‘Behind the Scenes’ ships tour. They got up late due to the time change so not sure how awake they will be for it.

I sat by the outdoor pool in the sun, with a Frozen Toasted Almond cocktail, another off the list and very nice too! Its Chocolate swirl, kaluha, amaretto, baileys and ice cream.

Before dinner Katie and I passed by the Martini Bar, and had a Frescatini - (watermelon martini) it was really refreshing and tasty, we are now connoisseurs of cocktails!

Dinner was at Tuscan Grill, an Italian style restaurant, and we dressed to impress tonight in our long dresses. The food and service were really average - not great considering this was a specialty restaurant and costs extra! Calamari starter was clearly frozen and overcooked, my lobster rigatoni main was cold and flavourless, and dessert just wasn’t worth the calories. We asked for a glass of port with dessert, never came. Maybe we looked too drunk already!

Still ended the meal feeling completely over indulged and vowing never to eat again!

We went to bed feeling excited about tomorrow- we will be in Santorini! Cannot wait.
Love it, that’s me too when I’ve eaten too much 😳😬🤦
Till the next meal 😂😂
You look stunning anyway 🥰😘😍
That almond Cocktail looks so lovely 💕💕
Enjoy Santorini

Old 5 May 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You both look lovely and love your dresses, food looks good and so glad you are having a fab time x