Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Aug 22, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

My dollar rate is still the same as on my original email too, I have done skip the counter. I wonder if that makes a difference and locks in the price 🤷
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tornxhearts View Post
Just checked mine and it has increased in both dollar and euro to what it says on my confirmation email.

confirmation emails show $703 but the booking on the alamo website shows $753
Many thanks for checking, mine is still showing the higher amount both on Alamo.com and when I check the link for Existing Reservations on partners.rentalcar/ustravel-nl/

I only made the reservation early yesterday morning so when did you make your's, recently or some time ago?

I also done another dummy booking this morning for my dates and its still more expensive than my confirmed email by around 7%.

So with two of us with higher amounts suggest anyone with a Partner/NL booking, to check their reservation on Alamo.com to ensure the US dollar amount agrees with your confirmation email.

Also worth doing a dummy booking for the dates you booked to see if there's been a recent change.

ADDED.
Just realised Tornxhearts that your dollar amount increased by a very similar percentage to mine of 7.11%.

Edited at 10:57 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
My dollar rate is still the same as on my original email too, I have done skip the counter. I wonder if that makes a difference and locks in the price 🤷
Many thanks for checking, as I said in my previous post I only booked early yesterday and checked my reservation on Alamo.com last evening and that's when I noticed the higher amount.

Thus I didn't have time to skip the counter, but hopefully the confirmed email with the lower price would have already locked in the lower price.

I've sent an email to the Dutch company, will update this thread when I receive a response but looks like they are closed over the weekend.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
casper_gutman
Helping Minnie

Just checked mine.

The original Alamo/ustravel.nl booking confirmation email says $682.02.

The Alamo website says the same.
casper_gutman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tornxhearts
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Many thanks for checking, mine is still showing the higher amount both on Alamo.com and when I check the link for Existing Reservations on partners.rentalcar/ustravel-nl/

I only made the reservation early yesterday morning so when did you make your's, recently or some time ago?

I also done another dummy booking this morning for my dates and its still more expensive than my confirmed email by around 7%.

So with two of us with higher amounts suggest anyone with a Partner/NL booking, to check their reservation on Alamo.com to ensure the US dollar amount agrees with your confirmation email.

Also worth doing a dummy booking for the dates you booked to see if there's been a recent change.

ADDED.
Just realised Tornxhearts that your dollar amount increased by a very similar percentage to mine of 7.11%.
I made mine yesterday morning aswell. I had previous bookings but the car hire amount had reduced so rebooked yesterday. I did notice in my confirmation email it was actually a few dollars more than the website was saying aswell. The booking is in my husbands name so I will get him to give alamo a call at some point.

Anyone else rebooking it may be worth checking your booking is correct on alamo before cancelling existing bookings if the price drops
Tornxhearts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
RalphieBoy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I haven’t done accelerated check-in or STC yet so don’t think that’s the issue as my price is still the same as my confirmation. Booked just last week.
RalphieBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

My latest booking with the .nl site was made on 4 August. I've just checked Alamo Insiders and the $ rate charged is as per original. The Euro rate has, however, decreased by around 17 Euros. I'm guessing that the Euro has done well against the $ in the last week or so, hence the change. Altho the price is shown as Euros on the .nl site, it seems that they are really pricing in $, with them adjusting the Euro equivalent as market rates change.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
casper_gutman
Helping Minnie

Just checked mine.

The original Alamo/ustravel.nl booking confirmation email says $682.02.

The Alamo website says the same.

I briefly thought another email I had when I checked in showed a lower price, then realised it listed a "VLF REC .85/DAY" separately, which takes it up to the same, give or take a couple of cents.
casper_gutman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

looks like their website certificate has expired over the weekend. Hopefully they sort it out soon.

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
rebfreak
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post

ADDED.
This has happened to me also. The Alamo and NL website price is not what is written on my confirmation email. There around 6.7% price increase.

Have emailed Alamo but nothing yet.
rebfreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List