Old 1 Jun 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

We Love Food! - Day 11 - Mon 23rd May 2022 - Keke's & Outback Steakhouse

We Love Food! - An offsite dining report - May 2022

Day 11 - Monday 23rd May 2022

Keke’s Breakfast Cafe & Outback Steakhouse

We were up and about a bit later than usual today, so again decided to postpone our planned trip to Kennedy Space Center. Instead, we decided to return to Keke’s Breakfast Cafe on the Osceola Polk Line as we enjoyed our meal here so much last time. Lake Wilson Road was busy this morning, stop/start traffic all the way up from the Ronald Reagan Parkway, so we finally arrived in Keke’s car park about 9.30am.

Keke’s Breakfast Cafe, Osceola Polk Line

It looked to be busy here this morning, as the car park was full and there were some people hanging around outside so we expected at least a short wait. However, when we went in to enquire, we were offered a table right away, which we gratefully accepted. Everyone else who came in after us was informed of a wait, 15 minutes for the first few people, then half an hour for people coming in later on.

We were given coffee and water to drink while we looked at the menu. (I didn’t take pictures of the menu this time).

Neil had been desperate to have a waffle after seeing mine on our last visit, so he went for the Strawberry Waffle, with a choice of fresh strawberries or glazed. He went for fresh strawberries, with whipped cream. Well, he loved this, and inhaled it super quick.

I decided to go for a “Create Your Own Combo”. So, I went with the option of 2 slices of French Toast (I thought they would be ½ slices - they werent!), 2 eggs (over-easy), Half Ham Steak, and Home Fries. It turns out, I had misread, and it was either eggs OR Home Fries, but because I had mentioned them both the server asked if I would like the Home Fries as a side. I said yes, and so ended up with this huge mountain of food…

It was all amazing - everything hot and fresh and tasty. I struggled my way through, and didn’t manage to finish the Home Fries in the end and Neil wouldn’t help! There were lots of families coming in today, and the little girls were all wearing beautiful dresses. Our server told us that it was graduation day for lots of the little ones today, so they were obviously getting a nice breakfast out to celebrate. Total $37.40 + tip.

We had some drinks as we chilled out by the pool all afternoon.

Outback Steakhouse, Rolling Oaks

Later in the afternoon, we freshened up and headed to Outback Steakhouse at Rolling Oaks for dinner. We arrived there at 5pm and it was very quiet. We were led to a table at the back of the restaurant and given menus by our server, Cindy. I was tempted by the cocktails, but was on driving duty tonight, so ordered a coke and Neil ordered a Fosters. He had a 2nd one later on too.

While we were studying the menu, the bread was brought out - warm and fresh, this bread is lovely. We had two - we demolished the 2nd one in about 5 minutes!

We decided to skip starters, and went straight to mains, with us both ordering the 11oz Sirloin. Neil had his with the loaded baked potato and broccoli, whilst I chose the mixed vegetables (squash, zucchini & carrots) and mash. Neil said the loaded baked potato was amazing, this was probably his favourite meal of our holiday. I really enjoyed mine too, the steak was tender and tasty, and as much as it pains me to say it, Outback totally outshone Longhorns on this trip.

We decided to have a pudding to share - and settled on the Thunder & Lightning (Two favourites in one! Our classic Chocolate Thunder from Down Under paired with sweet and rich Butter Cake and fresh strawberries). It was really good, but we just couldn’t quite finish it.

All of this goodness came to $67.36 + tip.

Total food/drinks spend today $104.76 + tips

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh my that strawberry waffle looks good & I love French Toast
Outback is my choice too steak, jacket potato and broccoli yummy 😋😋
Your dessert looked amazing, it’s on my list now

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Outback one of my favourites 😋
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

What a delicious looking food day 😍 I could just eat the waffle and the loaded potato right now!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Wow the food looked amazing
Keke’s yummy! it looked so good love the potatoes
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh wow your breakfast choices looked delicious, you must of laughed when all your plates arrived :d Neil’s waffle looked amazing, much better than the tinned strawberries at Denny’s
I know folks think I’m strange but I don’t actually eat steak but I would gladly of partaken in that loaded potato and broccoli on Neil’s plate
Thanks xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

I miss Outback, I love their steak.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh my that strawberry waffle looks good & I love French Toast
Outback is my choice too steak, jacket potato and broccoli yummy 😋😋
Your dessert looked amazing, it’s on my list now
By all accounts, the strawberry waffle was incredible!

The steaks at Outback were so tasty, and Neil really loved the loaded jacket potato.

You should definitely try the Thunder & Lightning Pudding (maybe not on your own though )

Originally Posted by simon View Post
Outback one of my favourites 😋
It's becoming one of our favourites too

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
What a delicious looking food day 😍 I could just eat the waffle and the loaded potato right now!
This was definitely one of our best food days

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Wow the food looked amazing
Keke’s yummy! it looked so good love the potatoes
We've never had a bad meal at Keke's - the potatoes were really well seasoned and tasty.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Oh wow your breakfast choices looked delicious, you must of laughed when all your plates arrived :d Neil’s waffle looked amazing, much better than the tinned strawberries at Denny’s
I know folks think I’m strange but I don’t actually eat steak but I would gladly of partaken in that loaded potato and broccoli on Neil’s plate
Thanks xx
Lol, I was just sitting there saying "this can't all be mine, is it?" Oh yes, the fresh strawberries made such a difference.

I'm sure you would have loved the loaded potato - I think I'll need to have that next time!

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
I miss Outback, I love their steak.
Looking at your countdown, it's less than a year until you go so you can officially start planning your meals . I'm sure Outback will be well worth the wait.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Back to Kekes for breakfast and your make your own looks yummy, but it sure does look like a lot of food. I can't believe Neil didn't want to help you out with those potatoes, they looked delicious. Then the lovely dinner at Out Back, we haven't been to one in Orlando but did go to one in Vegas many years ago. Both your meals here looked very tasty.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Wow, what a fab food day x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List