Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The 50th, 50th & 50th Disney trip - April/May 2022, Day 4 - Shopping

The dining report for today is here.

Not much to write about today. We originally had MK booked but cancelled it and made it a rest day. Dad had already decided before we left that there was an important football match on today at 7am Florida time that he needed to find a way to watch so it was easier to move things around plus we knew we'd need a rest at this point. Mum's feet had been sore the first few days and Dads knee was taking the hit of 3 park days in a row.
It was supposed to be a lazy day but instead was a bit of a nothing day. We still woke up around 6ish but lay for a while and didn’t get dressed until a bit later. We had a muffin and coffee in the room then around 9.30 Marie and I headed to the food court. We both got a bounty platter which was not good.

Since Dad was watching football and he and Mum both planned on going to church later. Marie had looked up Mass times and saw it was 10am and 12pm, Dad had looked and found 11.30am. He had looked at the wrong church but Mum decided that she wanted to get there for 11.30am just in case Marie was wrong and not only that, she wanted to arrive early so she could sit for a while. So we left the resort aiming to get to Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine nextt to the Vineland outlets at around 11am. We parked at the outlets as it was just opening and spaces were plenty and Mum & Dad walked to the church.

Marie and I wandered round the shops while we waited. I bought some Levi's and had a look in Michael Kors for a gift. Since it was early we got into the Disney shop with no queue but they had very little of interest. We found a Joffrey's coffee shop in Tommy Hilfiger where we got a couple of revolting coffees and killed some time. I had noticed a pistachio latte advertised and commented on it. Before I knew it one was made up and handed to me . Marie got a standard cafe latte. I hadn't really considered mine would be cold and it was not nice. I didn't finish it.

Unfortunately Dad didn’t have any data plan so there was no way for them to get in touch. We hadn't wanted to look in too many shops conscious that Mum would also want to look so did a lot of wandering. We guessed roughly when they would finish and waited at the entrance. By the time they arrived is was after 1.30pm. Turned out Marie was right and Mass was 12pm so they had arrived an hour early for a Mass that took 1 1/2 hours. Mum decided she would leave shopping to another day and we all really needed lunch. I remember there was now a Cheesecake Factory near the Vineland outlets so we went for a late lunch. We had to wait about half an hour for a table which was fine, better than trailing somewhere else.
Our server was lovely but a bit scatty. We ordered some drinks which took a while to come then we got our order taken.
We got some lovely bread.

Mum and dad got a lunch special of half a sandwich, soup and salad, Mum for turkey and Dad chicken.

Marie got macaroni cheese balls and chips.

I got the lunch fish and chips.

It was ok but a lot of batter. I know Cheesecake Factory food is lovely so this was just a menu choice thing. We got some desserts to go - I got mango lime cheesecake, Mum pecan turtle and Marie got tiramisu. I only have a picture of mine.

We went back via Walgreens for some essentials and once back at the resort Marie had the idea of getting the boat to DS. That took the best part of an hour as when we arrived at the boat dock there was a queue. Boats would arrive but were on their way to POR so didn't stay. As we arrived the boat guys said we were lucky as that was the last boat due to the storm .
They still have a Christmas display .

We managed a few shops then when we went to get dole whip from Swirls on the Water. We hadn't paid any attention to the weather forecast and the storm was coming in. The rain started just as we started walking across the bridge. We managed to shelter at a table and chairs with an umbrella but were there for ages!

We got wet and a bit crabby. When it stopped we went to get dole whip and it turned out they only had habanero lime. They said they couldn't get a delivery of the others due to the storm so we gave up, bought some juice from Goofys and went to see if the boat was back on. It was going to be in 10 mins so we waited. And waited. And waited some more. Eventually a POFQ boat arrived and we got back to the resort. I ate the salad I had left over from yesterdays lunch and some of the cheesecake while reading my book.
So it wasn't a park day but it wasn't particularly a restful day either. On the bonus side we got full housekeeping .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A bit of a frustrating day in the end. The pistachio coffee doesn't sound nice, I like pistachio ice cream but I'm not sure about coffee. The mix up with church timings meaning you and Marie just hung out at the shops without actually shopping was a shame. And then the storm while you were at Disney Springs, all in all a bit of frustrating day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A bit of a frustrating day in the end. The pistachio coffee doesn't sound nice, I like pistachio ice cream but I'm not sure about coffee. The mix up with church timings meaning you and Marie just hung out at the shops without actually shopping was a shame. And then the storm while you were at Disney Springs, all in all a bit of frustrating day.
We managed to get a couple of things but it did seem one of those days where suddenly it’s dinner time and you didn’t do anything .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A bit of a mixed day

Joan
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

My DH has just told me it is going to rain a lot on our stay so got some today in readiness☔️
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
My DH has just told me it is going to rain a lot on our stay so got some today in readiness☔️
We were lucky and that was the only rain but as it gets into summer it’s more likely. We normally go in September and have had trips where it rained for two weeks . Didn’t ruin the trip though .

Trip Report Index
Old 5 Jul 22, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I didn't know you could get Dole Whips at DS. We are not going to the parks so thought I would be missing out. Note made of where sells them - thanks
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
I didn't know you could get Dole Whips at DS. We are not going to the parks so thought I would be missing out. Note made of where sells them - thanks
Yes it’s relatively new. Tastes the same though!

Trip Report Index