Notices

Old 2 Jul 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Just Two Big Kids - August 2022

Never done one of these and not sure what to write but here goes…

Who are we?

We are massive big kids and our life is musicals, theme parks, Disney, animals and FOOD!

Me - Scott aged 31 and is the planner, organiser and spreadsheet maker. I was diagnosed with ME/CFS a few years ago. It does worry me as I no longer have the stamina as I used to but plans have been made around this.

BF - Phil aged 32 and doesn’t really have a say in the matter 😉. Annoyingly is a teacher so school holidays it is for us.

Initial Holiday

This will be our second trip and we’ve not been since 2014, which was coincidentally our first holiday together! Initially booked back in April 2019, for a two week offsite trip, to go back in August 2020. This was to celebrate our 30th birthdays but we know how that pans out…

New Plans

With the additional time we’ve decided to add an extra week on our original plans and this has turned into a three week on-site split stay! This allows shorter days and more rest days to help my condition.

Keeping an eye on prices and adding up individually, worked out cheaper to book through Ever After Holidays with the Disney offer. Includes flights, private transfers, hotels, Disney tickets with Genie+ and the six park ticket for the other parks. Was within our budget and have still never been able to get it cheaper!

The Details

Heading down to Heathrow on 5th August and staying at the well recommended Premier Inn on Bath Road. We opted for the meal upgrade for ease. The car will be booked into Purple Parking. For hotel, food and car park, I thought it was a good deal at £180.

Head out at 12:45 on VS135. Standard economy seats unfortunately.

First 13 nights will be POP. We chose this over CBR for price but super excited for the skyliner.

The next 8 nights will be at Surfside over at Universal. We initially were staying at Pointe Orlando but this worked out at less than £100 more so made sense.

Also managed 2 nights at RPR for a steal at £195 per night. This was booked without Phil’s consent so he wasn’t happy. He was later sold with the express passes though.

Fly back home on Saturday 27th on the VS92 at 18:55. I’ve put a cheeky offer in for upper class upgrade as a surprise for the BF but the flights looking pretty full so doubt it’ll go through 🤞.

Disney Plans

We’ve got two days at each park, with some reservations booked on rest days to pop in. One day at Typhoon but gutted Blizzard is shut as that was our fave out of the two.

We wanted a dessert party but changed this to MNSSHP on 16th. We are unbelievably EXCITED for this. It’ll be our first time.

Also, Food and Wine Festival is our first time too.

Disney Food

Honestly this was stressful as our ADR time opened when I was overrun at a GP appointment and Phil was teaching… but we have everything we want, and lots of them:

Yak and Yeti
Via Napoli
Be our Guest
Mama Melrose
Tusker House breakfast
Rainforest
50’s Prime Time
Oga’s
Liberty Tree Tavern
Biergarten (as a maybe as we loved it the first time)
Homecomin’
Frontera Cocina

We never had a dole whip on our first visit (HOW DID WE MISS IT)?! So that is on the list with plenty other must do snacks.

Other Plans

So with our two nights at RPR, we will have three days at Universal.

Super excited for Volcano Bay and heading down to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

Have one time express pass for BG as was really cheap. Nothing for SW but should be fine.

A shopping day is planned in this period too. Maybe when we switch hotels.

Other Food

Toothsome is the only Citywalk place but very keen to go back to places we enjoyed last time. This includes:

IHOP
Denny’s
Cheesecake Factory
Outback Steakhouse

Final Bits

I’ve rambled on enough and well done for reading. With five weeks to go today I’m pretty much already packed 🙈. Cannot wait to put that out of office on with only 24 more working days to go!

I am looking forward to writing a trip and food report.

See you out there!

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Homer'sWife
Excited about Disney

Looks like this will be a fab holiday! 😀
Homer'sWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Homer'sWife View Post
Looks like this will be a fab holiday! 😀
I’m certainly restless now as it’s so close!
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Have a great time! Following along. 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

So all of our paperwork arrived today, with some dollars we ordered. I was more emotional than I thought I’d be opening it all up!

7 working days to go until the best out of office goes on.
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a great holiday look forward to reading along :-)
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip, I wish I could get RPR for £195, what a bargain. I would definitely look at getting a DAS pass for your Disney stay, and also for your trip to Seaworld, although you may not need it for Disney if you have Genie+. Have a great time, not long to go.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Sounds like a great trip, I wish I could get RPR for £195, what a bargain. I would definitely look at getting a DAS pass for your Disney stay, and also for your trip to Seaworld, although you may not need it for Disney if you have Genie+. Have a great time, not long to go.
I know the prices are incredible for the premium hotels now. I definitely got a great bargain.

I actually did sort the DAS for Disney too so we have Genie+ and DAS. I forgot up update this post but it’s such a relief as days will be much easier with both.
Old 29 Jul 22, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Spent my last day in the physical office today. Just 4 more working days working from home. One step closer!
Old 29 Jul 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Doesn’t it feel good to be on the home stretch! Your plans look fab and the theming at Pop is fantastic. That is a great price for RPR, I find the further in advance you book the better the deals! 😁 not long now. Cheers Michelle
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List