Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 3 Jul 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Springs worth a visit? Don't have Disney tickets

Evening all.

As the title suggests, we aren't doing Disney this year, so no park tickets, but is Springs worth a visit?

Likely to get a Landry card, so was thinking of a trip to T-Rex maybe?

Would it be worth spending a few hours there? What is there that we can do with out Disney tickets?

Cheers.
Connors Daddy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Yes, i love Disney Springs. Some great places to eat and shop as well as the biggest Disney store!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's essentially food and shopping so nothing really to do for free.

But you could take the boat from one side to the other, or there is the balloon attraction (which obviously you pay for).
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Disney springs is great, but there are so many better places to eat than t- Rex, it would be down at the bottom of my places to eat at Disney springs
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Joan and I have never stayed on site but every holiday spend a day (sometimes twice) visiting some of the WDW resorts using a mixture of WDW transport. Possibly done it 50 times over the years.

Here’s one example.

Park at Disney Springs and catch a bus to Wilderness Lodge. Then take a boat to Magic Kingdom. Then catch the resort monorail to the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian (order may be wrong). Return by bus from one of them to DS.

If you want to continue you can then do a boat trip to SSR, OKW or PO from DS.

Options are almost endless.

You don’t need to be a guest at any resort, you don’t need to have a dining reservation and you don’t need to have park tickets. In fact you don’t have to spend a single cent.

Be wary though that the buses to the monorail resorts and the Boardwalk area don't start until 11 am. This is to prevent people parking at the Springs free and walking to the parks to avoid paying for parking.

One minor change in May. The Boardwalk bus no longer goes to the S&D although the Friendship boats do.

Also in May the boat between the Marketplace and Westside docks wasn't operating - a staff member cited staff shortages so maybe a short term thing. It was great for us oldies as we always park at the eastern end of Orange garage and walk through to the Marketplace dock, catch the boat to Westside and walk back to the car. That way we cover all of DS without missing much or retracing our steps.

Mick

Edited at 08:43 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

We go there on non Disney park trips for the atmosphere and to hit the World of Disney and Xmas shops. It’s a free Disney fix.
We haven’t eaten there on the 2 post covid trips, as Wolfgang puck express is no more. My fave bbq chicken pizza in the world is gone, I’m still not over it 😢
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
We go there on non Disney park trips for the atmosphere and to hit the World of Disney and Xmas shops. It’s a free Disney fix.
We haven’t eaten there on the 2 post covid trips, as Wolfgang puck express is no more. My fave bbq chicken pizza in the world is gone, I’m still not over it 😢
Gutted about this too - loved their roast chicken and mash! Might still go for the atmosphere and perhaps a meal at rainforest cafe.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We always have a trip to Disney Springs; The Lego shop is a must for my 2. I love The Christmas Shop and also as said above the largest Disney Shop.

There is also the dine in cinema (I think it is still there) also bowling, the coke store and lots of other good shops and eateries.

And Cirque Du Soleil.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PS Useful map here

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/web_images...ey_Springs.pdf

Mick
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Entertainment on the various stages is well worth a watch.

Concerts in House of Blues.