Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Jul 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Some critiques please. Aug Disney and Keys

Direct link: imgur/a/HYbp956

We're family of 3(2A, 5yr old boy with an insane amount of energy.). It's basically all of our first times. I've been once before in the mid nineties. Stayed at All Star Music for a week and then on Anna Maria Island for a week. I was 7 so I remember fragments of it. The Mrs has been to Euro Disney a few times as a young teen.

General
'Flex' is a flexible meal. No firm plans. It can be at the resort, on the way to a park, in the park. It's also pretty flexible on times.

I've left it pretty open as to what time we leave for parks in the morning. The only one i'd really want to ropedrop is HS.

I've added some buffer time for travel to and from places. If there is travel time factored in, it's generally for a TS meal or something else thats 'booked'. These are in dark red.

Our flights are LGW -> MCO. MIA -> LHR. Both direct. We are about a 20 min drive from Heathrow which makes the return flight really handy.

The holiday is split into two parts.

Orlando
We decided that we wouldn't do Universal, saving it for when he is a little older. So it's Disney only.
We've got Genie+ for the entire trip. We are big Star Wars fans, so Galaxies Edge will be a place we will want to look at in depth. HS in general is the park I'm more excited for. I plan to ropedrop HS on the 19th.
I've got some chill out days. Though I'm flexible on these. If we find ourselves not needing them. They are easy enough to change. As we have Genie+. It might be that we stack up a bunch of rides for an afternoon then head into a park and do them. Then just go back.
We have a few TS meals. Nothing too extravagant. Just some places we wanted to see.
We have an entire day that has no plan! If we want to go back somewhere or feel like we didn't do enough in one of the parks. We will go back and do them. This also goes for meals.

The Keys
The FiL has one of his oldest friends living in Key Largo so he is going to look after us while we are down there. We have a car for this part of the holiday. We wanted to see Key West. It does feel quite rushed. But we got advised that there and back again in a single day would be tough. So we have one night at a hotel. Then a night down near Key West. Then back
to Key Largo and the same hotel for the next two nights. We might stop somewhere on the way back from Key West. If we see something interesting on the way down.

Obviously some of these things will be difficult to move. However if there is any advice on the plan I'd love to hear it.

Edited at 12:22 PM.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would add Theatre by the Sea whilst in the keys

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, plan looks good. Our holidays are very similar! Except we are doing Miami and the Keys then the last week in Disney (POR).

Our turtle hospital is scheduled for Tues 23rd August.

Have a great holiday and we may pass each other on the highway!
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Looking good, how you have a fantastic holiday.

As Star Wars fans, you'll love Galaxy's Edge - it's fantastically themed. Oga's is really cool, too (we had three ADRs there over Christmas/NY, and have three for this August 🤣 ). Glad you got Savi's, a lot on these boards have struggled for August. Again, it's a really cool, immersive experience, Sabres are good quality, and the cast members do a cracking job.
We'll be driving back from the Keys the day before you drive down.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Brightongirl
A Guest at All-Stars

Hi there

We’re there at almost the same time as you. You’re doing the trip we planned to do two years ago, however, we’re no longer doing the Keys and have added Universal instead. I think we’ll do the keys another time with maybe just universal tagged on.

I would say your itinerary is quite ‘light’ at the beginning of the holiday when you’re waking up early anyway and probably have more energy. Might be more sensible to have quieter days at the weekend? You might want more than one Epcot booked day in case you miss the boarding group on the first day for Guardians, or just fancy doing it again. Good day for Typhoon Lagoon, we’re planning to go that morning too 🙂 You’ve made me realise I need to get organised and do a more detailed itinerary, only a month to go!
Brightongirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Brightongirl View Post
Hi there

We’re there at almost the same time as you. You’re doing the trip we planned to do two years ago, however, we’re no longer doing the Keys and have added Universal instead. I think we’ll do the keys another time with maybe just universal tagged on.
I've been planning this for about 3 years. It might even be 4. I thought I had it all figured out in the first 5 months. Then COVID hit and everything I had done in terms of research changed.

I would say your itinerary is quite ‘light’ at the beginning of the holiday when you’re waking up early anyway and probably have more energy.
Yeah I've planned then rest days. But if we don't think we'll need them we'll just go to a park.

Might be more sensible to have quieter days at the weekend? You might want more than one Epcot booked day in case you miss the boarding group on the first day for Guardians, or just fancy doing it again.
To be fair I didn't look at weekends aside from not going to Typhoon Lagoon or EPCOT. The second day has some time in EPCOT. The pool/chill parts might turn into PARK PARK PARK. Which im fine with. So if we're feeling it we can go there again. If not we've got the extra day at the end. There is also the possibility of doing something on the morning of the last day. I'm keeping it flexible.

Our 5 yr old is very enthusiastic about things. Especially things like theme parks. We went to Legoland and for the next 6 months, he told every single person we met about every single ride that he went on. It's cute however, the downside of this is it's exhausting for us. I like to pretend that the rest days are for him. But I think they are really for us.

Good day for Typhoon Lagoon, we’re planning to go that morning too 🙂 You’ve made me realise I need to get organised and do a more detailed itinerary, only a month to go!
If you see a 6'2 dark haired man with a fair haired 5yr old boy say hi.
Old 14 Jul 22, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Check your timings for the return from the Keys to the airport. On a busy day it can take a lot longer.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Brightongirl
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
I've been planning this for about 3 years. It might even be 4. I thought I had it all figured out in the first 5 months. Then COVID hit and everything I had done in terms of research changed.

Yeah I've planned then rest days. But if we don't think we'll need them we'll just go to a park.

To be fair I didn't look at weekends aside from not going to Typhoon Lagoon or EPCOT. The second day has some time in EPCOT. The pool/chill parts might turn into PARK PARK PARK. Which im fine with. So if we're feeling it we can go there again. If not we've got the extra day at the end. There is also the possibility of doing something on the morning of the last day. I'm keeping it flexible.

Our 5 yr old is very enthusiastic about things. Especially things like theme parks. We went to Legoland and for the next 6 months, he told every single person we met about every single ride that he went on. It's cute however, the downside of this is it's exhausting for us. I like to pretend that the rest days are for him. But I think they are really for us.

If you see a 6'2 dark haired man with a fair haired 5yr old boy say hi.
The good thing is you have plenty of time to be flexible, especially if you have Genie+. Sounds like you’re more concerned with keeping up with your son! 😀 I’ll have two teenagers in tow so may have the opposite problem with enthusiasm for getting up in the morning! Will look out for you at TL … I’ll be the one in the shallows avoiding the waves, which look terrifying … trying to be cajouled by my children to go deeper 😂
Brightongirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by June8th View Post
Check your timings for the return from the Keys to the airport. On a busy day it can take a lot longer.
We've been warned about the traffic in the keys. It's one of the reasons we've gone with Key Largo rather than Marathon. Key Largo to Miami airport was 1 hour on Google maps. I've given it two. That should be fine right?
Old 14 Jul 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
We've been warned about the traffic in the keys. It's one of the reasons we've gone with Key Largo rather than Marathon. Key Largo to Miami airport was 1 hour on Google maps. I've given it two. That should be fine right?
That should normally be fine. Overseas highway has lots of 1 lane carriageways and ever changing speed limits - down to 30mph in places. Once on the mainland traffic generally moves better.

We drove mco- key west in May. Fortunately no congestion around miami which we were expecting as it was the grand prix weekend

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List