Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Jul 22, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
😂😂 We actually ate there the last time we visited Universal in 2018 (didn’t go there on our 2019 trip) & had a lovely meal, and I actually booked it for August as it was the only City Walk restaurant I could book online for a table of 8. Might need to rethink it!

Can’t believe you’re still fighting to get your money back!
We ate there last week. Lovely meal and lovely server - no issues at all for us. Same on our February trip.

Act1980 - sorry you had such a bad universal experience.
Old 23 Jul 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I feel quite sad reading all of these comments.
I don’t want Orlando to change but I guess it’s inevitable. I really don’t want to find our next trip disappointing either.
Whilst I Drive wouldn’t be our top choice, we’ve enjoyed it as a base in the past and have always found a reasonable selection of places to eat either on our doorstep or a short taxi ride away.
Back in the very late 80’s/90’s we always stayed at the Delta Orlando on Major Boulevard. I have amazing memories of that place but apparently it was awful in later years.
Tempted as I am to book for next year, OH and I were saying earlier that maybe it needs another year of recovery time?
We would usually stay onsite at Disney or Universal but comments from there are mixed too.
OH is leaning towards a week on AMI and a Disney cruise instead but I want to do the parks

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I feel quite sad reading all of these comments.
I don’t want Orlando to change but I guess it’s inevitable. I really don’t want to find our next trip disappointing either.
Whilst I Drive wouldn’t be our top choice, we’ve enjoyed it as a base in the past and have always found a reasonable selection of places to eat either on our doorstep or a short taxi ride away.
Back in the very late 80’s/90’s we always stayed at the Delta Orlando on Major Boulevard. I have amazing memories of that place but apparently it was awful in later years.
Tempted as I am to book for next year, OH and I were saying earlier that maybe it needs another year of recovery time?
We would usually stay onsite at Disney or Universal but comments from there are mixed too.
OH is leaning towards a week on AMI and a Disney cruise instead but I want to do the parks
I say do what you want to do you can read too many reviews and be put off at the end of the day they are one person's experience.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pep View Post
I say do what you want to do you can read too many reviews and be put off at the end of the day they are one person's experience.
Agree. My views are subjective of course and I'm comparing to I Drive of years past.

We had a nice stay on the I Drive. A few hotel issues, many places are still re hiring staff. Did it affect our enjoyment? It was also super hot. No it wasn't the same but we still did a lot of good stuff.

Where you stay and what you do and who you go with ultimately determines your feel good factor.

I will add the I Drive is buzzing at the weekends and after 10pm, that's the Florida way, it's cooler then.

My view is the I Drive is not great for two young kids, we made that mistake, twice! But if you have teens or older then there's more to get stuck into. Do your research, we relied on experience going back 9 years which isn't always a good idea!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not sure I drive is the best place to go, or ever has been TBH. The 192 area near Margaritaville seems to be where the best restaurants are.ATM
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore-x
Helping Mickey

As Vanillapod said it's quite sad reading these comments, we've spent 8 weeks total over 3 trips staying mostly on I drive and have always found lovely places to eat and things to do if having days away from the parks. We are looking to go again next year and I think we'll stay in a villa for a change, would be a shame to hope for an I drive holiday like we've had before and be disappointed.
Eeyore-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
In Feb i was gutted a lot of the pointe orlando bars and music venues had closed, the whole place appeared abandoned. lack of staff was apparent everywhere, so most nights it was hooters and millers which were the busiest at our end. it seems most people head to icon park, and it was busy there but again long waits no staff.
Hopefully when we go next week it will be a bit better, staying in Kissimmee but will have a mooch down to i drive and see if its improved
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pritch View Post
In Feb i was gutted a lot of the pointe orlando bars and music venues had closed, the whole place appeared abandoned. lack of staff was apparent everywhere, so most nights it was hooters and millers which were the busiest at our end. it seems most people head to icon park, and it was busy there but again long waits no staff.
Hopefully when we go next week it will be a bit better, staying in Kissimmee but will have a mooch down to i drive and see if its improved
After 2 weeks on I Drive, for us you sum it up really well. I'm sure it will get better but it's a work in progress, I think that's the case for many industries right now.

I found Hooters staff to be very good and helpful, Millers on the other hand wasn't so good and if im honest thats where my OP frustration stems from. We were treated poorly in Millers 4 years ago and to return 4 years later to not much better leaves a bad taste.

Anyway down in Tampa now, people so friendly, very laid back and can't recommend enough a stop in Tampa and Ybor city, stunning!
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
After 2 weeks on I Drive, for us you sum it up really well. I'm sure it will get better but it's a work in progress, I think that's the case for many industries right now.

I found Hooters staff to be very good and helpful, Millers on the other hand wasn't so good and if im honest thats where my OP frustration stems from. We were treated poorly in Millers 4 years ago and to return 4 years later to not much better leaves a bad taste.

Anyway down in Tampa now, people so friendly, very laid back and can't recommend enough a stop in Tampa and Ybor city, stunning!
We ate in Millers down the one 192 on our 1st trip in 2016, we've never been back. Our server was rude & obnoxious, and it totally put us off going back.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

I've been staying on I drive since 1992, along with other options, Disney, Universal, villa, etc.
I've seen lots of changes some for better, Mecado, some for worse, point Orlando.
It will change again because of Universals new park Epic Universe.
I can see I drive becoming once again a thriving, bustling area.
Also don't forget the new train may well have a stop around the Convention Centre.
These 2 things alone are estimated to bring in around another 4 million visitors to the I drive area and people =$.
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List