Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jul 22, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

I was looking at the Wagoneers when we were there and thinking they looked alright, if we’d been offered that I might have thought about it… especially as I believe they have the 5.7 V8 which would definitely be worth going for.

I do like the Suburban though, especially the new model it looks the business!

Alas for us it was a choice of Expedition Max, Expedition Max or Expedition Max so I just asked for the one with the best spec!
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
edu_afp
Serious Dibber

edu_afp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
I really like that Expedition Max! Too bad you didn´t get other choices though..

Back with my DS May 2023
edu_afp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

The Max and Suburban are both in the Premium category, I’d be more than happy with either of those. Lots more room in the back.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Crazydragon
VIP Dibber

Same here although the Wagoneer looks nice. As long as it is not the Nissan I don’t mind!

Holiday Inn, International Drive - 2001 (Honeymoon)
Rosen Inn International, International Drive - 2015
Dibb florida villa - 2018
Dibb Florida villa (the same one) - 2021 - Cancelled
Dibb Florida Villa (different one) - 2022
Crazydragon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Maret
Earning More Ears

Alamo

Booked a intermediate SUV with Alamo Melbourne airport, got upgraded to a Ford edge 3,000 miles on the clock, on return you park the car in a slot for returns & hand keys back into the terminal desk.

Maret is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
edu_afp
Serious Dibber

edu_afp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Maret View Post
Booked a intermediate SUV with Alamo Melbourne airport, got upgraded to a Ford edge 3,000 miles on the clock, on return you park the car in a slot for returns & hand keys back into the terminal desk.

Nice upgrade!

Back with my DS May 2023
edu_afp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
desseardo
I have Ears

We're booked a full-size SUV via Alamo/Ocean Florida. Really hope we don't get a Nissan Armada! Hopefully a Chevy Tahoe or Ford Expedition. I wonder how how much to upgrade to the premium level? Maybe a Volvo XC90 or Land rover would be good?
desseardo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by desseardo View Post
We're booked a full-size SUV via Alamo/Ocean Florida. Really hope we don't get a Nissan Armada! Hopefully a Chevy Tahoe or Ford Expedition. I wonder how how much to upgrade to the premium level? Maybe a Volvo XC90 or Land rover would be good?
Myself and another dibber are picking up full size SUVs next week at MLB - so watch out for updates!

I’m also hoping to avoid the Armada - but someone got one recently (new shape) and seem to quite like it.

High spec Tahoe would be great. Or if I’m lucky to land an upgrade a Suburban.

Not bothered about Volvo or Land Rover, I like to drive American (well as close to American as you get these days) whilst over there and something you can’t get over here.
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
Myself and another dibber are picking up full size SUVs next week at MLB - so watch out for updates!

I’m also hoping to avoid the Armada - but someone got one recently (new shape) and seem to quite like it.

High spec Tahoe would be great. Or if I’m lucky to land an upgrade a Suburban.

Not bothered about Volvo or Land Rover, I like to drive American (well as close to American as you get these days) whilst over there and something you can’t get over here.
I’m with you on that - my only stipulation when I go is that I want something big and American so I can feel like I’m living the American life for a couple of weeks!

I’d be gutted to get allocated an XC90 as we have one of those at home and although big by UK standards it’s tiny compared to the Suburban etc.

I like the Expedition but hoping to have one of the new model Tahoe/Suburban next time as I don’t think you can beat a rumbling V8 soundtrack for the full “drive American” experience.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ram1500
Earning More Ears

I pick mine up on Wednesday. I’ll let you all know!
Ram1500 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List