Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jul 22, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I had a September flight cancelled last Friday.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
yogibear
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
Although I've not yet been informed, I can see my connection from LHR to Man is cancelled which will change our arrival back by another couple of hours.

How much does the change need to be before i can ask BA to reroute? Eg Aer Lingus Mco -> Man rather than my booked Man via LHR
I just asked. Our change would have meant us staying in Heathrow for hours. Worth just asking. Then then changed the return leg which was unaffected.
yogibear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

My September internal flight was cancelled a few days ago so would hope they were working through the calendar so any flights going sooner might be ok 🤞🏻
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

How much notice have BA given when a flight is cancelled? Also checking BA flight status everyday. We fly Thursday from Man into Gatwick. Noticed that on Thursday just gone, this flight was cancelled.
On our return leg we fly into Heathrow and at the moment our connecting flight to Manchester is saying cancelled on the BA flight status, but I've heard nothing from BA.
Do I wait until they connect us?
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenC
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
How much notice have BA given when a flight is cancelled? Also checking BA flight status everyday. We fly Thursday from Man into Gatwick. Noticed that on Thursday just gone, this flight was cancelled.
On our return leg we fly into Heathrow and at the moment our connecting flight to Manchester is saying cancelled on the BA flight status, but I've heard nothing from BA.
Have you logged into manage my booking on BA website/app? My flight showed as cancelled on there first then I got the email the next day
LaurenC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

In manage my booking the Heathrow-Manchester leg is still showing as going. Who knows what is going on? We are not due back until Aug 18th so maybe it's too early but on the other hand some people have had their flights cancelled for September and beyond.
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell12
Excited about Disney

In manage my booking the Heathrow-Manchester leg is still showing as going. Who knows what is going on? We are not due back until Aug 18th so maybe it's too early but on the other hand some people have had their flights cancelled for September and beyond.
Hope you're having a lovely time - and I hope you get your flights sorted for your return leg x

2023 TENNESSEE, NORTH & SOUTH CAROLINA & GEORGIA, 2022 DisneyWorld (Windsor Hills), 2018 COLORADO, 2017 DisneyWorld, 2016 DisneyWorld (Formosa Gardens), 2015 DisneyWorld & Universal, 2003 Universal & MIAMI, 2000 CALIFORNIA, 1998 CALIFORNIA, UTAH & NEVADA
Tinkerbell12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

If you can see that your flight is definitely cancelled when you look at your booking then I wouldn't wait for them to contact you. The sooner you get in touch with them the more chance you have of getting a reasonable alternative connection. How did you find out on the BA Flight Status page that it is cancelled on the 18th August I can only see up to 27th July?

Hope you get sorted and please let us know.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
AlwaysWishing
Proud to wear my Ears

We had our connecting flight home Gatwick to Manchester cancelled last week. Found out when going in to print car voucher off at first with no alternative given. After going on online chat we were offered MCO to MAN direct immediately 👍
AlwaysWishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

As a previous commenter said, there are two separate reasons for LHR cancellations. Firstly a slot alleviation giving airlines the opportunity to cancel flights without risking loosing their LHR slots for the season, these will be the cancellations you are seeing for as far ahead as September.

Secondly and LHR Capacity cancellations. LHR have the right to enforce mandatory cancellations on airlines due to the fact they cannot cope or have enough staff to safely handle the planned number of passengers. They have also put a cap on airlines selling more seats on most routes. These cancellations have been received by the airlines up until the 25th July (more could have been released now but I haven’t been at work for 3 days! ) these are the cancellations you would have see a lot about in the news regarding Emirates and others refusing to comply. They literally have airlines less than 48 hours notice! These cancellations have nothing to do with the airline and are enforced by LHR.

So unfortunately there may be further cancelled flights into August if LHR believe they cannot cope with demand.

Edited at 08:33 AM.
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List