Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Jul 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

We don’t talk about holiday no no no- Britannia cruise Day 6 Malaga

Saturday 23rd

It was lovely waking up this morning with the curtains open to Malaga. I sent Scott up for breakfast, I made the coffee and him and Georgia fetched the pastries. Scarlett was still asleep. We weren’t sure if we were going to bother going into town but we thought we would at least have a look. We got the shuttle into town and had a walk back. The kids found a park and played on the swings. I looked at some hats but decided not to buy one. We were going to get some anti histamine for Scott but he decided not to. Regretted that when he got back on the ship.

As promised in port days we always try to go in the pool. We got some sun beds next to the pool and all of us got in for a swim and a splash, we were throwing them in, not high but they loved it. I was freezing so we went into the hot tub, all of us, there were no one else in so we let the kids in, it wasn’t too hot today but it warmed us up.

I went and got dressed but everyone else kept their costumes on. Me and the girls got the good while Scott ordered the drinks. We had a baconata burger. So it just had bacon and onion rings on a cheeseburger basically. Kids had chicken and chips. The girls wanted an ice cream so we got two tubs for them of honeycomb and salted caramel. I had a cone of honeycomb but they gave me two cones as they we’re stuck together so Scott had that one with a little of their ice cream.

We let the kids play in the small pool between the swimming pools. Those three had another go in the hot tub and then it started spitting so we went back to the room.

It was so lovely day in port having a coffee on the balcony. Definitely made the upgrade worth it. Just wish it had been free!

Scott feel asleep outside so I caught up on my trip report.
He then came in to snooze on the bed instead. The kids had their iPads for an hour to chill.

We got all dressed up and ready for the night. Watched the Britannia pull out of the harbour as we sailed away from Malaga.

Scott got ready while I took the kids out for the kids tea in the buffet. There isn’t much choice, it was meatball pasta and some fries again. Pudding was eclair and a yoghurt strawberry pot type things.

We were going to Glass House hopefully tonight after last night’s botched attempt.

Back at the room for 6pm. We still had till 7pm before the kids could go to kids club.

We decided to have a game of pool as the kids keep asking but I’m sure it only allows you to pot the white, that went in more times than anything else. Quick drink in Java and I took the kids up to the club then joined the virtual queue for glass house.

We were seated within 10mins and we ordered the tapas style plates for a starter, the chicken, the prawns and lamb. Then we both had the fillet surf and turf. I enjoy the lamb. The prawn starter was so big I didn’t like how it was cooked and the fillet steak was actually quite tough. Now Scott likes steak but I don’t really but even I thought it wasn’t good. The chips were hard too. All in all I didn’t enjoy it. I much preferred the beach house. Scott had an Oreo peanut butter desert which he said was lovely.

We went and collected the kids. Got some milk for the room. Us girls had some dessert of rice pudding, coffee cake and apple crumble. Back home and straight to bed. None of us could seem to sleep though so it ended up being a late night. Everyone will be tired in the morning.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 23, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Think you must have hit on a bad /rare night as we've always had a lovely meal in the Glass House on other ships
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List