Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Maiden Voyage Disney Wish

So we are off the ship now after taking the maiden voyage.

In our opinion the ship is stunning. The decor inside is all quality fixtures and fittings.

It is definitely different to the other ships.

Our favourite dining room is 1923. The food served in all restaurants was amazing and always hot. Our servers worked very hard to ensure we had everything we needed. The spaces themselves though have very little room between tables which makes their job difficult.

The adult areas are all small with not enough room when quizzes etc are taking place, you have to arrive early if you really want to get in.

Our room 7564 was beautiful. Very quiet and spacious. The veranda gave lovely views forward and we could see in to the bridge.

Port Canaveral and Nassau provided tugs with water cannons as we left and arrived in to port.

We had free gifts everyday all of which are wonderful. We also had a Maiden Voyage bag and lanyard for everyone in the room.

We knew many of the crew and enjoyed catching up with them and hearing their views.

The theatre shows were lovely although Aladdin was not shown as it is not ready yet.

Happy to answer any questions.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 22, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the mini review.

(Even though I'm trying hard not to look up any details before we go!)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Great review. Was there anything you would recommend as a must for when you are on the ship?
Old 21 Jul 22, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

I don’t know if there is one thing I would recommend as it is all new and different so try and see as much as you can.

We weren’t able to get reservations for the specialty restaurants even when we tried on the day we booked so haven’t been to any of them.

I would recommend as with the Dream and the Fantasy that you take an old credit or store card to put in the slot inside the door to operate the lights so that you do not have to put your key to the world card in.

I don’t know what your feelings are with regards to covid but the only places that there were hand wipes was at the food areas. I carried a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket and used it after touching lifts and hand rails. There was definitely covid on board.

We were very lucky to have been invited to a reception at one of the two storey suites which was incredible.

Hunters Creek

Majik is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Majik View Post
I don’t know if there is one thing I would recommend as it is all new and different so try and see as much as you can.

We weren’t able to get reservations for the specialty restaurants even when we tried on the day we booked so haven’t been to any of them.

I would recommend as with the Dream and the Fantasy that you take an old credit or store card to put in the slot inside the door to operate the lights so that you do not have to put your key to the world card in.

I don’t know what your feelings are with regards to covid but the only places that there were hand wipes was at the food areas. I carried a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket and used it after touching lifts and hand rails. There was definitely covid on board.

We were very lucky to have been invited to a reception at one of the two storey suites which was incredible.
We've got Palo reservations for the evening, just hoping it coincides with 1923 as we're happy to do that one for lunch instead!

I thought all the lifts were contact free, from the YouTube vids I watched? Just hover your finger in front of the "buttons" inside or call panels outside. Was like this on the Magic except for inside the lift.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Sadly the lift buttons were not working correctly.
You also need to make sure the lift you call goes to the top floors if that is where you are headed as not all of them do.

Hunters Creek

Old 22 Jul 22, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Thanks so much! I'm still wearing masks even here in UK so plan on still keeping myself as protected as possible on the ship (masks and sanitiser). I don't think you can get away from COVID these days.

Great tip on the key I'm planning on hopefully using my one from the hotel I'm staying in the night before.
Old 22 Jul 22, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Sadly the lift buttons were not working correctly.
You also need to make sure the lift you call goes to the top floors if that is where you are headed as not all of them do.
Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully these gremlins will be ironed out soon. Always have my antibac with me anyway, and will likely wear masks in busy areas esp if we share a lift. Is that happening again or is it still 1 party per lift? Thanks 🙂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully these gremlins will be ironed out soon. Always have my antibac with me anyway, and will likely wear masks in busy areas esp if we share a lift. Is that happening again or is it still 1 party per lift? Thanks 🙂
There are no restrictions on how many people can get in the lift apart from the maximum 20.
It did feel strange having no covid prevention in place.

Hunters Creek

Old 23 Jul 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dizneemad
VIP Dibber

Do they still do the deal for the beer of a 21oz for the price of 16oz if you purchase the souvenir glass?