Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jul 22, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The 3 week Sept extravaganza – which turned into a 2 week trip in June and no cruise! Day 14 - Home!

Sat 25 June into Sun 26 June

This morning we had our last late start of the trip and we didn’t have much packing to do as we had only opened one of our bags deliberately.

We left the room just before 11 dropping our bags with Bell Services on the way, we decided to venture into the shop at Jambo for the first time.

We also headed out to the viewing areas to see what the Savannah was like at Jambo. I think the selection of animals is better at Kidani (but not on Pembe obviously), but we did see some birds being fed which was good.

We had our much-awaited lunch at Sana’a, having had to cancel our dinner reservation last week, and we checked in and got a window table which was great.

We attracted 2 birds (outside the restaurant) who appeared to be labelled 12 and 14 and they stayed watching us for most of our meal which was amusing.

We of course started with the bread service, which we amended as always to only have naan breads as we don’t like the 2 other breads and they were happy to accommodate.

In a poor choice I chose the vegetable curry with chicken and Rob had a burger which came with chips (not fries).

My meal was really tasty but far too big and Rob thought he was getting fries. With hindsight we should have shared the potjie inspired choices as it would have been a perfect size for lunch.

Rob managed to find room for the African Triple Chocolate Mousse but I was stuffed. Another dessert fail on my part!

We walked back over to Jambo where I bought a few last treats and we retrieved our bags before requesting a Lyft, which caused a tiny issue as it kept saying we were at Kidani – we messaged the driver in the app and all was fine.

The car arrived in 6 mins and cost just under $60 inc tip for the trip to the airport which we thought was very reasonable.

We were flying home Upper Class so had an easy check in – it was literally just inside the entrance which was convenient.

We dropped back our Visitor Toll Pass tag (and have since received our deposit back as expected) before getting in a 20 min + queue for security which was rubbish as always. I don’t understand why it is always such a long queue or why they insist on being so grumpy / rude.

We took the monorail across and then headed straight to the Delta lounge which was busy but we found seats and were able to relax while we waited for our flight.

The food selection was definitely not the same as the Virgin lounge in London but we found some pretzels, crisps and soft drinks while we waited.

Our flight left just about on time, we boarded and had a water (still declining all of those glasses of fizz). Once we were in the air I got my seat turned into a bed (as did Rob) and we settled down to sleep so I’m afraid I can’t comment on any of the food.

We landed at 0645 and were able to quickly leave the aircraft where we were then faced with a massive line for immigration (how does that happen both ways?)

Luckily despite its’ length the line moved reasonably fast and in a miracle I got through the e-gates first time (it’s always a battle as I have to remove glasses and balance everything).

We arrived a few days after the luggage chaos and there were bags everywhere (not piled up, all neatly arranged in rows) and our bags took over an hour to start arriving (apparently due to a tech issue).

We assume due to being in UC our bags (all 3 of them) were literally the first to arrive.

We practically ran out of the baggage hall as we were worried about getting lynched by the other passengers (joke).

We debated heading straight to the car park but decided to stick to our original plan and so we followed the signs to the revivals lounge.

Slightly awkward getting into a lift (there were many people waiting) but we found the entrance and were greeted by a nice host who asked if we would like showers. We did indeed and he allocated us bathrooms to use which was so much nicer than a normal arrival.

Nicely refreshed we sat down to order breakfast, we both had similar choices to when we left 2 weeks earlier.

Feeling like we were normal people and wearing fresh clothes (such a novelty) we dragged ourselves away from the lounge and down to the bus stop.

In a pleasant surprise it was warm out so we waited for our bus in relative comfort.

We got dropped off at our awesome parking space (right next to the bus stop) and crammed all of our bags into our little Skoda.

We started on our journey home and the range looked like we could get home without charging so we passed our normal chargers near Fleet feeling confident.

Well that didn’t pan out so well and as we approached Amesbury we thought we had better stop and top up…..which would be fine had any of the chargers been available. We could have waited but we were impatient so carried on hoping we would make it! (There are no other chargers between Amesbury and our house)

Well that lead to a very stressful end to our journey as our miles left were decreasing at a faster rate than we were travelling.

We coasted down lots of hills, managing to get a little bit of charge through the regeneration and we turned off the A303 earlier than normal which reduced our mileage and the roads are slower so uses less charge.

We arrived home at 1230 and practically floated onto our drive with about 6 miles left! Such relief!

We did still have a little nap when we got home, but I got out onto the Peloton in the afternoon, did 11 miles towards my challenge and then 15 miles for the next 4 days managing to finish my 300-mile challenge by 30th June!

Edited at 06:55 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Yidhra
Getting to know the DIBB

Newbie here but had to come out of lurking to say that I’m ridiculously impressed by your peloton miles whilst recovering from both jetlag and covid. I caught it for the first time on the way home from Majorca last month and it took about 2 weeks before I could get upstairs without having to sit down for a rest at the top!

Fab trip report, I’ve really enjoyed reading it. Hope you had a wonderful time despite the extra days in Orlando and that you manage to get on your cruise very soon.
Yidhra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Yidhra View Post
Newbie here but had to come out of lurking to say that I’m ridiculously impressed by your peloton miles whilst recovering from both jetlag and covid. I caught it for the first time on the way home from Majorca last month and it took about 2 weeks before I could get upstairs without having to sit down for a rest at the top!

Fab trip report, I’ve really enjoyed reading it. Hope you had a wonderful time despite the extra days in Orlando and that you manage to get on your cruise very soon.
Thank you, I had to complete the challenge as several people had told me I couldn’t do it. I’m stubborn and was always going to prove them wrong.

I will admit that the last 70 miles were much harder than the 230 I did pre-trip.

We did enjoy our trip (obviously not the covid) but as it wasn’t our first trip it wasn’t too bad.

We still had a relaxing time and we love HGTV

We have a different cruise coming up in Sept, I’ll start my pre-trippie soon

Glad you stopped lurking
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How lovely that you managed to fit in a trip to Sanaa, we love that bread service! Well done to Rob for fitting in dessert. 🤩 So fancy flying UC on the way home, I think that would be the only way I would ever manage to sleep on a plane. Shame about immigration but what a total win having all your luggage arrive after all the issues they had been having. You are total daredevils not charging your car, I was stressed on your behalf until I read that you made it home with a few miles to spare. Congratulations on finishing your challenge- you should be really proud of yourself. 🏆 I have really enjoyed your TR, I’m sorry it didn’t go quite to plan but I’m looking forward to seeing your new TR! Cheers Michelle xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
How lovely that you managed to fit in a trip to Sanaa, we love that bread service! Well done to Rob for fitting in dessert. 🤩 So fancy flying UC on the way home, I think that would be the only way I would ever manage to sleep on a plane. Shame about immigration but what a total win having all your luggage arrive after all the issues they had been having. You are total daredevils not charging your car, I was stressed on your behalf until I read that you made it home with a few miles to spare. Congratulations on finishing your challenge- you should be really proud of yourself. 🏆 I have really enjoyed your TR, I’m sorry it didn’t go quite to plan but I’m looking forward to seeing your new TR! Cheers Michelle xx
Sana’a on the last day is a recent tradition so glad we booked it this time though

Upper Class was amazing, will have to get saving miles again!

We weren’t being daredevils just stupid on the way home. We will charge at Fleet next time!

I was super pleased to finish the challenge, especially as until March 21 I didn’t do any exercise

Thanks for reading and commenting, I’m always worried my trip reports are boring….although this one had drama
Old 24 Jul 22, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Thanks for sharing your trip report with us, I've enjoyed reading it. A real shame it didn't turn out to be the trip you had planned, but you managed to stay upbeat about it and it was interesting to read about how you coped with all the last minute changes. That was a nail biter at the end, but you just made it home! Phew!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip report with us, I've enjoyed reading it. A real shame it didn't turn out to be the trip you had planned, but you managed to stay upbeat about it and it was interesting to read about how you coped with all the last minute changes. That was a nail biter at the end, but you just made it home! Phew!
Thanks Abby, I hope your trip goes as planned….mainly so I can see all the food in your report
Old 24 Jul 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along, such a shame you caught Covid but glad you managed to fill your time with HGTV

Thanks again

Joan
Old 24 Jul 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along, such a shame you caught Covid but glad you managed to fill your time with HGTV

Thanks again

Joan
Thanks Joan, hopefully our Sept cruise will have less ‘drama’.
Old 25 Jul 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Have read your whole report, thanks for sharing.

I’m glad your bouts of Covid weren’t too bad but still not ideal. My DH loves HGTV so we always end up watching it on holiday (unless my complaining gets me a spot of Food Network instead!).
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List