Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Yikes 😬

Is it always like that? Not flying until November but have booked a car offsite and need to pick up within 2 hours… wondering if we’ll make it now…
Not in my experience. .

I’ve flown into there a lot , most recently November and Feb and both times it was about 30 mins for immigration and thats the longest waits we’ve ever had

I’ve had a couple of occasions where we’ve waited 5 mins ,

I guess like anywhere its pot luck , Everyone told me immigration at Miami was super quick , yet it took us almost 2 hrs and we only just made the connecting flight.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Not in my experience. .

I’ve flown into there a lot , most recently November and Feb and both times it was about 30 mins for immigration and thats the longest waits we’ve ever had

I’ve had a couple of occasions where we’ve waited 5 mins ,

I guess like anywhere its pot luck , Everyone told me immigration at Miami was super quick , yet it took us almost 2 hrs and we only just made the connecting flight.
All my other flights info LAX have been easy - I think the construction work for the new Delta terminal and railway connection may be causing current issues

I am going to book a VIP meet and greet for us next time same as I do at JFK
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bettysboop
Trying for More Ears

This is the part I'm dreading when we travel in December. I use a mobility walker and standing in line for hours will be really painful I'm hoping as we go 28th Dec that most people will have already travelled and the airport will be empty! ha
bettysboop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bettysboop View Post
This is the part I'm dreading when we travel in December. I use a mobility walker and standing in line for hours will be really painful I'm hoping as we go 28th Dec that most people will have already travelled and the airport will be empty! ha
Suggest that you book assistance. At LAX they will take you to a separate line. There is still a (shorter) wait, and you will be last off the aircraft, but much less standing and overall it will be quicker.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Yikes 😬

Is it always like that? Not flying until November but have booked a car offsite and need to pick up within 2 hours… wondering if we’ll make it now…
We were there in January and no it wasn’t like that, it was a breeze. We went to finalise our GE, but I am sure we did the normal queue before queuing up for our GE interview.

Once we were cleared, it felt very busy and confusing outside trying to sort transport (we were looking for an airport hotel bus, won’t be doing that again)!
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We will be leaving that day.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have booked VIP service at LAX for our next visits - as we land late and would hate to wait 2 hrs plus again . Its a lottery and normally its really really easy - the line walkers are fab tho. They could see I was stuffing *heat, mask asthma, so walked me to the front saving an hour (it would have been 3 hrs in Dec 2020) - we are on A380 so will get collected at the aircraft and driven to a smaller place as its a way of tackling my anxiety
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Flying out of LAX to Miami tomorrow morning at 7.15am.

Hoping for a smoother airport experience on the way out!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh God - I'm flying to LA in October and not looking forward to that

Mind you its over 30 years since I flew into LA and the wait was quite long then - lots of buiding work and the first part of the queue was outside - and it rained !
it was actually quite light rain and rather pleasant
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bettysboop
Trying for More Ears

Thanks Peko Will they allow me to book assistance if I have a mobility walker?
bettysboop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List