Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Jul 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by edu_afp View Post
I'm sorry that your DS didn't have the best experience, besides little to no choice that have been reported by other dibbers who use MLB, haven't read customer service complaints there.

Really poor handling by Alamo/TUI, I actually have never paid taxes apart @Alamo, maybe because I never prepay, but really strange to read this.

Just hope your DS can forget that experience and have a happy vacation!
It didn’t spoil his holiday , putting it down to experience and would still fly into Melbourne , brilliant airport and the Alamo manager was very quick to sort out when the tui rep went over to the agent

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Thinking of doing this route in September.
Is there always a Tui rep on hand
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
garryboy11
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
There was when we landed last Thursday. Staff were excellent
garryboy11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
yes he got a car apposed to a SUV

yesterday the guy was adamant EVERYONE pays taxes. I had to go to the tui rep to get it sorted as he would not budge so I could appreciate how if someone is tired and not 100% clued up they can easily get wrongly charged

we had upgraded to a SUV Category like a santa fi with gold cover, with tui back in february, he got a 4 door car
, however, he had an extra bag and pushchair on way home which we took for them as no room so would have been a struggle had we not been there

alamo blamed tui for not sending over info and tui blamed alamo for not getting their system up to date, he said when did you book this week of departure, eh no February

DS, he will know next time, tired or not !
Thanks for this info. Your DS will be ready for it next time 💪🏼

I'm sorry that your DS didn't have the best experience, besides little to no choice that have been reported by other dibbers who use MLB, haven't read customer service complaints there.

Really poor handling by Alamo/TUI, I actually have never paid taxes apart @Alamo, maybe because I never prepay, but really strange to read this.

Just hope your DS can forget that experience and have a happy vacation!
I agree, hope it didn’t upset the holiday.

Regarding tax. We hired a 7 seater from mco and charged airport tax of $11. Took it back to winter hill and hired same car from them with no taxes. Asked rep and he told me it was a mco tax. I wonder if it’s same at Melbourne.

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
I believe it’s applied at all airport locations
I’ll look out for this .

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
It didn’t spoil his holiday , putting it down to experience and would still fly into Melbourne , brilliant airport and the Alamo manager was very quick to sort out when the tui rep went over to the agent
So glad it didn’t spoil the holiday.
Old 30 Jul 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loads of tui reps on hand and super helpful, think also the transfers seem popular , so reps doing this also , must have been about 6 reps waiting on a flight landing when we went over on Thursday , all one area in the building which makes it easier to speak to them

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 04:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Thought I’d give you an update.

When we got the Alamo desk, she said she couldn’t find an intermediate so would ‘upgrade’ us. I didn’t question it and when we got to the lot, the car was in fact a compact.

We felt that this was unacceptable so we went to the kiosk where there was an agent.

We told him our issue, he completely agreed.

He then assigned us an Audi A4 S Line, 5000 miles on the clock. Fits us great.
Old 10 Aug 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
edu_afp
Serious Dibber

edu_afp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Happy you were really upgraded at the end! It's sad that some clerks tell you they will upgrade you and just try to stick you with something beneath your booked category.

This is rare though, good thing you mentioned you did not agree to this.

Back with my DS May 2023
edu_afp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Happy you were really upgraded at the end! It's sad that some clerks tell you they will upgrade you and just try to stick you with something beneath your booked category.

This is rare though, good thing you mentioned you did not agree to this.
Thanks so much. We don’t complain about anything, but we really felt that this wasn’t right.

The Audi is working out great.
It also helps that it’s bright red, so we can spot it easily!