Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 30 Jul 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenitedisney
Gone all Goofy

How to get bearings Bonnet Creek area

Hi everyone

I’ve put this in the shopping section but I’m hoping for some more replies so have posted here also.

We’re staying at Bonnet Creek and not hiring a car. Going in 10 days or so.

We’ll be using the taxi services mentioned on here, Uber/lift.

We’ve no idea about the location although I’ve spend countless hours on Google maps trying to get my bearings. Places look very close by aren’t! I thought the Vineland’s outlets was just up the road but a reply on the other thread tells me it’s 10 miles!

It’s things like where is the closest supermarket and, if we’re shopping, is there a restaurant we can walk to and then get a taxi back.

Also for restaurants for meals, we really want to try all the ones mentioned on here, not eating much in the parks but it’s very difficult on Google maps to figure out which is closest.

We’re hoping to do the food delivery some evenings, thst Pizza Hut dinner deal looks so good, use door dash and Uber eats?

And shopping 🤷 for American goodies snd basics while we’re there.

I was thinking of trying the grocery delivery service initially when we get there so we don’t have to rush off the first day. Who are easy to use and reliable?

From looking at Google maps there seems to be an area off the 535 (if that means anything to you) with a Walmart Supercenter, a publix nearby and a few restaurants. Someone has helpfully informed me this is the water tower shopping area.

Would it be safe to be walking between these places of us it like walking on a motorway here?

And the Vineland’s outlets are they nearby for shopping and eating out? Or what outlets and malls will be closer and less expensive in taxis to get to?

Is there somewhere I can get maps to look - old fashioned I know - to figure out the lie if the land, just to start to get our bearings?

Thanks very much, your help is amazing and appreciated.
Serenitedisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Using the JW Marriot at Bonnet Creek address the Orlando Vineland premium outlets are 6.4 miles away.

I reckon your closest supermarket is Winn-Dixie, 5.8 miles 11957 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836 but it's close - Walmart at the 535 is 6.1miles.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Bonnet creek is quite an isolated area. It's almost on Disney property and the only way in/out is via a
Road that emerges near Epcot Centre drive and Disney Springs.

Vineland outlets are 6 miles according to google maps. That's about as close as any offsite shopping etc will be.

You really can't walk along any of the main roads.

Mapman used to do a great physical map but he head stopped updating it. I don't know if you can get a. Older copy.

I'd take a good look on google maps and street view to see where there are sidewalks.

I'd look around the 535 / palm parkway. There are a number of restaurants and a supermarket and it's not too far from Disney springs.

Edited at 10:48 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

As Bev says, it is isolated in that the infrastructure is not there for walking around. Its not set up for pedestrians, I take it there's a shuttle service to the parks? That may be quite Ltd so,

If you uber to disney springs, you have all the shops there and you can take disney buses or boats to some of the resorts and from there to the parks.

The outlets and other offsite restaurants are a good distance apart and accessible by car only.
Don't be fooled by the maps. This place ( I'm here now) is sprawling. With good planning you'll be fine. I think the no8 bus ( which you could get at disney springs) goes to seaworld area and a change to I drive where some outlets are but ñot sure if still ij operation. Hope you get sorted, enjoy

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

All of the above is correct. Leaving Bonnett Creek on Epcot Centre Dr 536 heading past the World Marriott brings you to the junction of the 535. North gets you to Vineland Ave and Bahama Breeze, BJ’s and Golden Corral or the same distance south brings you to the newish Publix at Sunrise City Plaza and a new Millers, Five Guys and First Watch. Same distance roughly in a Uber going to these places, roughly 6 miles. Lake Buenavista Factory stores are next door to Sunrise City Plaza.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Serenitedisney
Gone all Goofy

Thank you all, advice appreciated
Serenitedisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List