Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

DCL Inspire Call Centre have written to me this morning confirming we are not to use FlowFlex in the Blue Box.

This is what they said -

Hi Louise,

According to the FDA website

"People should not use the ACON Biotech test named “Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self-Testing)” that is packaged in a dark blue box (see images below). This test has not been authorized, cleared, or approved by the FDA for distribution or use in the United States."

The picture is that is provide looks identical to yours. I can include a a list of a few FDA approved antigen tests to use.

FDA Approved Kits
iHealth Antigen Rapid Test
BinaxNow Antigen Test
QuickVue At-Home
Ellume Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test

Guest may use a 3rd party Telehealth service as long as they can give you a lab report with the following information.

1) name of guest
2) date of birth of guest
3) Type of test given - rapid antigen, PCR or NAAT is accepted. (or rapid of either)
4) Date of the test
5) Facility location
6) Result of test

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you -

What do they mean by a third party and how do we get hold of one of those tests they lost above which are only available in the U.K.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
BreatheAssured are adament their (blue box) ACON/flowflex are FDA approved and have been used to board. MrsIndiana stated we have a £5k cruise riding on that assurance and the response was "check with your cruise line"... Yeah, that's filling me with confidence.
They said the same to me but DCL inspire call centre are saying they are not.

I really don’t know what we will do.

Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post

I'm torn 50:50...

Half of me says, do the Breathe Assured in the knowledge they state Flowflex on the Certificate and not Flowflex (Hangzhou), and trust it won't be flagged by Inspire as the bracketed word won't be present.

Other half says, buy an FDA approved kit from Walmart and arrange a DocHQ video consultation (Breathe Assured are adamant they won't conduct the consult with a third-party test).

We're flying tomorrow, and will have been in-country a week before the cruise (sail on the 13th). We have a back-up hotel on I-Drive through Hotels.com cancellable without charge up until midnight on the 11th. Testing at the port is not an option for us.

Edited at 10:23 AM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

DCL Inspire Call Centre have written to me this morning confirming we are not to use FlowFlex in the Blue Box.

This is what they said -

Hi Louise,

According to the FDA website

"People should not use the ACON Biotech test named “Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self-Testing)” that is packaged in a dark blue box (see images below). This test has not been authorized, cleared, or approved by the FDA for distribution or use in the United States."

The picture is that is provide looks identical to yours. I can include a a list of a few FDA approved antigen tests to use.

FDA Approved Kits
iHealth Antigen Rapid Test
BinaxNow Antigen Test
QuickVue At-Home
Ellume Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test

Guest may use a 3rd party Telehealth service as long as they can give you a lab report with the following information.

1) name of guest
2) date of birth of guest
3) Type of test given - rapid antigen, PCR or NAAT is accepted. (or rapid of either)
4) Date of the test
5) Facility location
6) Result of test

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you -

What do they mean by a third party and how do we get hold of one of those tests they lost above which are only available in the U.K.
DCL have been accepting these tests, they have no idea what peoples boxes look like unless you choose to send them a photo. The test certificate states Acon Flexflow which is fda approved. It does not state where the test was manufactured.

DocHQ is the third party we’re using, their certificate shows everything required.

Should DCL decline it take a test at the port.

There’s no need to make this more difficult than it already is.

I’ve travelled to US twice with these tests. Thousands more have also.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I’m on the same sailing as you I think but also the one before. We’re on 26-29 & 29-2

I’m happy to update once I’ve done my test so that you know it’s been accepted.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m on the same sailing as you I think but also the one before. We’re on 26-29 & 29-2

I’m happy to update once I’ve done my test so that you know it’s been accepted.
I'm on the one this monday, and will be testing Sunday. I have the same blue box test but with Qured. Will try and let you know how it went once Inspire Diagnostics pass judgement...

Edit: sorry testing sunday...

Edited at 10:45 AM.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
I'm on the one this monday, and will be testing Sunday. I have the same blue box test but with Qured. Will try and let you know how it went once Inspire Diagnostics pass judgement...

Edit: sorry testing sunday...
Have a great time. Are you on Wish?
Old 4 Aug 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Have a great time. Are you on Wish?
Sure am - very excited! Looks very different from what I have seen so far. Yourself?
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Sure am - very excited! Looks very different from what I have seen so far. Yourself?
Yes! I’m so excited.

We doing a B2B at the end of the month.

The only thing spoiling it is that we have to pack, get off, test and then get back on and unpack in the same cabin. But I’m sure that’ll be quickly forgotten once we’re back onboard.
Old 4 Aug 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

DCL have been accepting these tests, they have no idea what peoples boxes look like unless you choose to send them a photo. The test certificate states Acon Flexflow which is fda approved. It does not state where the test was manufactured.

DocHQ is the third party we’re using, their certificate shows everything required.

Should DCL decline it take a test at the port.

There’s no need to make this more difficult than it already is.

I’ve travelled to US twice with these tests. Thousands more have also.
I’m worried because my test says ARON Hangzhou - Dibbers are saying not Hangzhou!