Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 6 Aug 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

There used to be one at the Ellerton Mall it's somewhere south of Tampa. My daughter has had some great bargains from there on previous holidays. Having not been since just before the pandemic I'm not sure whether it's still there but maybe worth googling.
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

Sorry that should have been Ellenton Mall and I've just checked it's still there.
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
I was trying to send to usa BUT have since read reviews of the ilovedooney website and shipping service is terrible. So maybe a blessing in disguise. The straps of my bag have gone and I'm using gorilla tape to hold together.
Need a good outlet place with lots of discounted bags, prefer D&B but at this rate will settle for anything with a decent brand name and discount,!, if I can get there. No uber app.never used them.
Why does it have to have a decent brand name? A bag is a bag. Surely the important thing is that it does its iob.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Why does it have to have a decent brand name? A bag is a bag. Surely the important thing is that it does its iob.
Everyone can choose what they spend their money on, whether that be a particular clothing brand or hotel or supermarket or car etc.

We could all question why others pick x over y or z but why would we; it’s their right to choose.

Edited at 11:57 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I didn't explain myself very well. In the past, I've learned that in general you get what you pay for and to me, it's worth paying that bit extra for a good quality brand or product which will last.
We've become such a disposable world, it's nearly cheaper to buy new rather than repair, so I like my bags to last. That's all.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

🫣🙀🙀. A bag is not just a bag!
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not a 'bag person' then? Yes a bag is a bag - but some bags are far more of a bag than others
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've got some really nice bags previously from Radley, Coast & Kate Spade out there. One of the outlets had a Dooney shop, but I can't remember what one.

And I agree that a bag is not just a bag. I love a good, expensive bag, even more so when it's on offer... My current fave is my black leather Radley backpack which I got from Gun Wharf Quays in Portsmouth for £90, down from £210! In my experience you pay cheap you pay twice!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Shug1
Earning My Ears

Rooney and bourke at premium outlets at top of o ternational drive I was in there today big shop good sale
Shug1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I have ended up with 2 bags and am contemplating a 3rd!

1st one caught my eye in DIlliards-florida mall. Its an ALDO bag .Perfect size, weight and gorgeous design and pattern. On sale and no taxes the day i bought it so $90 became $52.50 !
Took it out today and got a compliment from 1 of the staff at our local arboretum.

2nd one was bought online from amazon-a UK company Signare. Its a little smaller but design is influenced by charlies rennie mackintosh. I bought matching spectacles case and am thinking of buying matching rfid wallet and/or purse too. Cost about £50 total.

the 3rd bag is for sale in the disney shop in ireland.2 designs costing approx €150 each. Both dooney and bourke.
Haven't purchased yet. Still thinking about it!

Thanks everyone for all your support.
You can't beat a good bag ,especially one that looks like the tardis from the outside and holds everything bar the kitchen sink inside and is as light as a feather!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List