Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 2 Aug 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Berwick upon tweed

Any dibbers live here, in the area, I’m heading there on the 15th of august for 3 days with my springer spaniel, we do a few of these 2/3 day trips, enjoy walking in the local area, couple of beers etc. We are staying at the Castle hotel, any recommendations for walks in the area, nice places to eat.

Thanks
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I am going down myself next month and my brother recommended this place

limoncellorestaurantberwick/ he said everywhere was really dog friendly and the food in here was lovely and reasonable pricing.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Thanks for this sparkle, it looks really nice, I will give it a go when I’m there 👍
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

he said the pizza was superb, in fact the best he has ever had, and my sister in laws pasta was incredible. High praise indeed. Let me know how it is and we will add to the list. Its the beer and food festival when we go so we wont be short of food or drink mind you
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

I’ve booked a table for my first night, looking forward to it
Old 2 Aug 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

If you have a car, a bit north of Berwick is a lovely cliff top walk at St Abbs Head.
Perthite is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I’d go to holy island for the day, the priory, museum, shops, pubs etc are all dog friendly and some lovely walks.
Just watch the tide times
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I’d go to holy island for the day, the priory, museum, shops, pubs etc are all dog friendly and some lovely walks.
Just watch the tide times
I went to Bamburgh a couple of months ago and I quite fancied holy island but didn’t get round to it, I watched an episode of “happy days van life” and they went over, it’s got a lot more going on than what I thought, will try and get there this time.
Old 3 Aug 22, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We love Berwick On Tweed and go a few times each year. We’ve been to the September food n beer festival every year for the past 15 years. I’m gutted we will miss it this year due to my nieces wedding.

Our favourite local walk is to start where the golf club is at the edge of the cliff and walk right round, down and out to the lighthouse, follow the path back along the town walls by the edge of the river, under the railway bridge and back up into town for a roast dinner / pub lunch at The Kings Arms (couple of doors away from limoncello). They have a big dog friendly beer garden section at the back which is a wee sun trap. Our other favourite pub lunch place is the wee Brewers Arms pub right at the very top of Marygate (so not far from your hotel at all) it does cheap n cheerful pub grub and is dog friendly although no garden. Round the corner from that is lock stock burgers which has only been there a few years but does amazing burgers. It’s small so you might be best to book.

One of our favourite days out is to drive to bamburgh, park the car, walk onto the beach and walk right along the beach (massive wide beach so doggy heaven) to seahouses. Have a mooch round seahouses and have the best fish n chips from Neptune’s (by the roundabout - sit in fish tea or takeaway) then walk right back along the beach to the car. If you do this don’t park at the expensive castle car park. Drive as if you are leaving bamburgh to seahouses and there are plenty of free parking to the left along the beach edges.

Another is to visit Alnwick gardens and Castle (used in the first Harry Potter film plus transformers and many many more) which are both stunning - you can check their website for more info.

Now I need my Berwick fix!

Edited at 08:55 AM.
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias

Thank you so much Nellie for your message, the walk from the golf club sounds right up our street, and I will look into your pub recommendations also.

Ruby my springer turns 15 on the 10th of August (105 in dog years obviously &#128054 she is still active but I manage what she does walk wise very carefully, I enjoy a couple of beers after a walk and she normally has a nap at my feet.

I’ve done the bamburgh / sea houses walk a few times, I also get chips to takeaway from neptunes after a couple of beers, I then sit on one of the benches leaving town overlooking the beach and share them with Ruby.

I’m really looking forward to this trip.