Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Aug 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Koalabottle
Apprentice Imagineer

Koalabottle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Thanks everyone! Don't seem able to book it yet through Universal but we can get cashback through Quidco if we go with Bookings.com.ao might just bite the bullet.
Is there ever any issues linking hotel with tickets if you're not buying direct from Universal?
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Koalabottle View Post
Thanks everyone! Don't seem able to book it yet through Universal but we can get cashback through Quidco if we go with Bookings.com.ao might just bite the bullet.
Is there ever any issues linking hotel with tickets if you're not buying direct from Universal?
I have always booked direct well in advance in the past. By direct I mean through Loews Hotels rather than through any Universal website though, have you tried that?

I am not aware of any particular benefit of booking direct, other than I don’t like to use middlemen when I don’t need to.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Koalabottle
Apprentice Imagineer

Koalabottle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I suppose I'm just worrying as some people have had treal issues linking their tickets at Disney when they've bought them through another vendor...
Never stayed at Universal before but am excited to give it a try this time. Royal Pacific looks looooovely and the froggy theme will go.down a storm with our son.
Old 4 Aug 22, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

You don't need to link your tickets to the booking. Express comes with the hotel stay. None of the faff that you have with Disney.

Using a (reputable) booking site is fine - we have done it numerous times for the cashback and never had an issue.

I agree re club - well worth having.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Agree it doesn’t work like Disney. I have spent over 20 nights in a Universal (Loews) hotel and I have never even used the app, never mind linked tickets and hotels to it. Your ticket is paper and you carry it about with you, express pass is your room keycard.

For our party of two, club level has never made sense. It usually costs £50-£100 per night more. We would not want to come back to the hotel for service in the middle of the day and there is no way two of us would get through that much on breakfast, nibbles and drinks. I once saw Portofino Bay club level for £35 a night more and we took that but the trip was ultimately cancelled.
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
firemanyoz
Having Dinner with Goofy

We have a night booked there for early September, can you upgrade to club level on arrival?
firemanyoz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Summerfun
Very Serious Dibber

I booked through my local Travel Counsellors agent Tracey. The whole holiday was booked through Virgin Holidays but we decided to spend 1 night in Loews RP to take advantage of early park entry and Express pass. VH didn't have availabity for when we wanted, so we just booked it elsewhere. I don't think it matters which way you do it, it's more about getting the best deal.
Summerfun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by firemanyoz View Post
We have a night booked there for early September, can you upgrade to club level on arrival?
No hotel is going to refuse you an upgrade if there is availability. That is the issue though, if you leave it until arrival there might be no availability. If you want it, I would try to upgrade before arrival.
Old 4 Aug 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I've always booked through hotels.com and used my tesco vouchers to cover part of it.

Last time, in 2018, I couldn't book club level beforehand so we asked on check-in. I think it was $100 a night upgrade then, but we were on the floor below club level. So basically it was lounge access. I still think it was worth it for the breakfast, coffee and cold drinks we got through.

We're only there for 1 night this trip so we won't bother with club.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
I've always booked through hotels.com and used my tesco vouchers to cover part of it.

Last time, in 2018, I couldn't book club level beforehand so we asked on check-in. I think it was $100 a night upgrade then, but we were on the floor below club level. So basically it was lounge access. I still think it was worth it for the breakfast, coffee and cold drinks we got through.

We're only there for 1 night this trip so we won't bother with club.
Was about to jump in with this. If you have them use them. Tesco Clubcard vouchers, hotels.com and universal hotels are made for each other. £3 spend for every £1 of vouchers.
We’ve done club at RPR and Hard Rock and I have to say I preferred club level in RPR. Just had a better choice of food in the evenings, but both are great. Free bottles of water, cans of juice, breakfast, snacks and beer and wine (for a couple of hours)
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List