Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Aug 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eggnboby View Post
An example of when a car is better is if you want to get to a park for opening, leave at midday to go and have some pool time, then return in the evening. Once finished in the park, you want to go for dinner somewhere, then back to your accommodation. That would be a pain for us using UBER.

Also, it is nice to drive from the airport and stop off at shops on the way to the hotel/villa.
Similar to what I said above, let alone the cost of adding all those Ubers up.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Done this many times but not taxi I hate taxis in Florida after 3 bad things happening much prefer the bus i I trolly.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We never have a car and have done a variety of split stays, Disney, idrive and universal.

If you don’t want to use Uber use Lyft.

Seaworld from universal is about $9-10.

If you are looking for a cheap universal resort book one of the endless summer ones, then you can use the Itrolley if you want. We paid £10 each for a 2 week pass, you can keep an eye on when they are due online.

Endless summer gives you great access to offsite and onsite food choices.

Busch Gardens use the shuttle. We did it twice got picked up at Icon park. It takes ages but it’s a good option if not driving.

In terms of Disney, if we stay onsite we tend to just stay in the bubble but I’ve seen plenty of threads with people who go offsite to eat or stay in the Disney springs hotels.

We were away for 22 nights this time and spent £400 on Uber/Lyft as well as £10 each on the Itrolley. I don’t drive anyway and Dh won’t drive on holiday and we’ve always made our trips work.
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

The busch Gardens shuttle. Does that get you there for park opening and bring you back at close?
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eggnboby View Post
An example of when a car is better is if you want to get to a park for opening, leave at midday to go and have some pool time, then return in the evening. Once finished in the park, you want to go for dinner somewhere, then back to your accommodation. That would be a pain for us using UBER.

Also, it is nice to drive from the airport and stop off at shops on the way to the hotel/villa.

I suppose its the age old battle of time and convenience vs expense. Only you can decide. Either way will be an amazing holiday!
We just stayed in the parks all day. I don't think we went in any pool during the holiday. We went Feb sonit wasn't too hot. I imagine similar in Nov/Dec?

I also don't think I drive anywhere to eat just where we could walk to on I drive or in disney when there.

I get the convenience of a car but I think in this instance we could do with out.

I am encouraged by how many have said they don't have a car. It seems easier than many years ago.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
The busch Gardens shuttle. Does that get you there for park opening and bring you back at close?
No. Last month pick up was at icon park at 8.45am and it left the park at 7.15pm. For us that was long enough.
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
No. Last month pick up was at icon park at 8.45am and it left the park at 7.15pm. For us that was long enough.
What were the park hours? It takes about an hour to get to Busch? We would want to be there for open and likley stay til close.

Are there any other options?

Also struggling for airport to one hotel and from another. Mears only seems to do disney area hotels 😑

Not even booked yet and it's getting annoying.

Ive worked out roughly £75 per day for a car without fuel and if $20-60 dollars it's way cheaper.

And looking at rosen Inn orlandon point we can walk to sea world?
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
What were the park hours? It takes about an hour to get to Busch? We would want to be there for open and likley stay til close.

Also struggling for airport to one hotel and from another. Mears only seems to do disney area hotels 😑

Not even booked yet and it's getting annoying.

Ive worked out roughly £75 per day for a car without fuel and if $20-60 dollars it's way cheaper.

10-9pm I think. 1 hour is a very conservative estimate on a shared coach. Closer to 2 hours.
I couldn’t find any other options that were affordable so we just did 2 days there on the coach and it was perfect for us and I’d do it again. Would I have liked to be there for opening, yes but neither did we want to drive or spend a fortune.

Price up transfer companies, mears runs the fidget shuttle but they also do other transfers as a taxi company. We’ve used Uber, private drivers and used skippy transportation this year as we arrived in the 3rd July.

To move between hotels I’d use Uber or Lyft - really easy.

You can’t walk to Seaworld from the Rosen point Orlando. You can get the lynx bus I believe or the Itrolley.

Can’t help at all with car stuff - we don’t drive there because it doesn’t suit us it’s not a cost comparison decision. You need to weigh up which option suits your trip best.
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Only other options for bush are some other shuttle services but you’ll end up the same issue or Ubers/lyfts that will be expensive.

For airport try skippy transportation, otherwise Uber and lyft from the airport should also be fine.

I’d say £75 a day is on the pricey side, we are paying about £45 a day for a 7 seater minivan. Bare in mind that if you end up getting surge pricing one way trip could end up costing your $80 to/from a park.

If you stay all day at the park and only have one taxi each way then it shouldn’t work out too bad for you.

We like to explore different food options and different areas outside the park, and try to not eat much at Disney as it is expensive and you can normally get better quality offsite, there is a big saving to be made when eating offsite.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Only other options for bush are some other shuttle services but you’ll end up the same issue or Ubers/lyfts that will be expensive.

For airport try skippy transportation, otherwise Uber and lyft from the airport should also be fine.

I’d say £75 a day is on the pricey side, we are paying about £45 a day for a 7 seater minivan. Bare in mind that if you end up getting surge pricing one way trip could end up costing your $80 to/from a park.

If you stay all day at the park and only have one taxi each way then it shouldn’t work out too bad for you.

We like to explore different food options and different areas outside the park, and try to not eat much at Disney as it is expensive and you can normally get better quality offsite, there is a big saving to be made when eating offsite.
Really Sucks. That is based on the price virgin are quoting and tui was more. And includes parking. Car price has gone up since I first had a glance in the week.

A the estimate thing on uber days 80 dollars to busch and 20ish to the airport.

We will. Be staying on site for the first 6 nights so that's why eating at Disney.

I didn't particularly like driving last time and from. What I can tell toads are busier now, like the parks.