Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Archie Battersbee

This case is absolutely heartbreaking.
I honestly don’t want to get into who is ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ as I see it from all sides. My heart is breaking for his poor parents, I cannot imagine what they are going through.

I do think that if any legal teams are making money from this they should hang their heads in shame though as I do think all the appeals etc are futile at this point and is just prolonging the inevitable and the agony that his parents and family must be going through.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s awful, I have a son a similar age and I think any parent would put up a fight but it really does feel like they’ve come to the end of the road. So so sad.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

So heartbreaking for the parents
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Heartbreaking. I cannot blame the parents to exhaust every Avenue for their son, most parents would do the same. Such a senseless waste of a life. I certainly will be discussing with my DD about the online challenges and how dangerous they are. My thoughts are with his family. How on earth do you come to terms with the fact your child will be ‘switched off’ at a given time.
I had hoped they could at least say goodbye at a hospice. 😢
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Heartbreaking. I cannot blame the parents to exhaust every Avenue for their son, most parents would do the same. Such a senseless waste of a life. I certainly will be discussing with my DD about the online challenges and how dangerous they are. My thoughts are with his family. How on earth do you come to terms with the fact your child will be ‘switched off’ at a given time.
I do think it is harsh to not allow him to be transferred to a hospice too, his parents know the risks of transfer and are willing to take that risk and I believe they should be allowed to make that decision as his parents.
It is an absolutely utterly heartbreaking situation for all involved, it really upsets me reading and thinking about it.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I am sure there are reasons us mere mortals won’t understand about his life support, but it does seem so heartless.
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

My opinion will be unpopular but I do feel they’re doing this for themselves rather than for Archie, although I totally sympathise and would fight just as much as they are.
All the medical professionals have said he has no chance, not one has said “maybe”
I think the poor boy needs to be at peace even though it’s so devastating for his family.
I can’t even imagine.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

My heart breaks for his parents. I believe the decision not to move him to a hospice is because his life is so incredibly fragile at the moment that even turning him to try to keep him comfortable is an issue. I think the belief was that if they tried to move him then he could pass in the corridors or car park trying to get him to an ambulance. As heartbreaking is for his parents I don’t think that is the right situation for any of them.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

I am sure there are reasons us mere mortals won’t understand about his life support, but it does seem so heartless.
I’m a nurse (mental health granted so my knowledge is very limited on this subject) from my professional point of view I would arguing with the ‘powers that be’ that as his parents have capacity to understand the risks of transfer they should be allowed to make the decision to transfer him as it will bring them a little comfort during this unimaginably painful situation where the outcome is sadly inevitable regardless.

However I fear that it may be the opinión of the hospital managers etc that due to grief they do not currently have capacity to currently be able to make decisions that are in Archie’s best interests and that is why the hospital are refusing to transfer him.

Its just an horrendous situation for all involved and my thoughts are with them all
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

There is no hierarchy in death, my sister had to agree to turn off her partners life support and it was devastating. No matter who it is its devastating.

Sadly I think this young lad is too unstable medically to do a transfer in an ambulance. He could just die at the road side and that is not what the medics want for the parents, medical staff or ambulance crew. So much better to die where he is.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List