Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Aug 22, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tjuk89
First POST

Best tickets for a couple

Hi guys me and my husband have just booked orlando for next May. I have been before but he hasn't. Can you guys steer me in the right direction to get the best tickets.

I didn't particularly enjoy Disney but would go again just so my husband can experience it but it would likely just be a 2 day pass we would get if they exist (I can't find them)

Preferably a 7 day universal pass but I can't find those either lol.

Want to do Busch Gardens at least once.

Am I better to book these all separately or try to find a bundle deal? Itv was a bundle I got last time but I can't remember which one or where I got it 🤔 ...

Cheers in advance TJ
Tjuk89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

You can buy individual day tickets from Undercovertourist.com I do believe
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

For Disney you can buy from undercover tourist for a couple of days.
I believe maybe bush gardens as well.
For universal you will be best getting the UK 14 day pass for 7 days worth.

Most of the UK tickets are aimed at people looking to go to the parks over a 2 week period, while you can get bundles that include all that you want over 14 days, it won’t be cost effective based on what you have said you want to do.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
For 2 day Disney tickets, you can buy them from Disney's American website. But you need to use a VPN to pretend you are in the USA to get on that website. Therefore, perhaps consider either UndercoverTourist or OrlandoAttractions instead.

With only 2 days at Disney you will struggle to do a lot of the things there. But if you only want to do 2 of the parks then it's cheaper than get the full-on 14 day tickets.

Universal doesn't sell a 7-day ticket. You can either get a 1,2,3,4, or 5 day ticket or a 14 day ticket. The 14-day ticket is probably your best option. It's about the same price as a 2-park 4 or 5 day ticket.

You can get a 1-day ticket for Busch Gardens.

Have a look at UndercoverTourist who stock a lot of these 1 and 2 day tickets. Here in the UK, most ticket sellers sell 14 day tickets.

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
For universal you will be best getting the UK 14 day pass for 7 days worth.
There is no "14 day pass for 7 days worth" deal with Universal tickets. Universal doesn't sell 7 day tickets. I think you're thinking of Disney?

Instead, Universal does a "3 parks for the price of 2 parks" deal with their 14-day tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For what you want you won’t get a bundle deal. Best to look for each park separately. As mentioned Undercover Tourist and Orlando Attractions do the US tickets which you can get from one day up. For Universal you can also use their own website. You can get from Disney but would need to use a VPN and don’t forget to make sure they have park availability the days you want to go.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
There is no "14 day pass for 7 days worth" deal with Universal tickets. Universal doesn't sell 7 day tickets. I think you're thinking of Disney?

Instead, Universal does a "3 parks for the price of 2 parks" deal with their 14-day tickets.
No I mean for 7 days worth of visits you are better off buying the 14 day pass.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
No I mean for 7 days worth of visits you are better off buying the 14 day pass.
Ah yes. I see what you mean. I misread your post - oops, sorry.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

If you're going to Universal parks a few times it's not really worth getting anything but a 14 day ticket, the savings are minimal if any and having that ticket gives you options like going for extra "short" days or evenings without worrying about using your days up.

Unfortunately, for Disney (and other parks but particularly Disney), the less park days you do the more expensive it becomes per day.

If you're doing Busch Gardens then consider bundling it with SeaWorld for good deals.

There's quite a few park days to be had between Universal, Busch Gardens and SeaWorld... and overbuying tickets is the most common mistake to make. Why not pick up your tickets for all but Disney in advance and get your Disney ones once there as you need them? Discounts on Disney tickets for buying in advance really aren't that much - sometimes it even costs more buying a 1 or 2 day pass in advance.
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
If you're going to Universal parks a few times it's not really worth getting anything but a 14 day ticket, the savings are minimal if any and having that ticket gives you options like going for extra "short" days or evenings without worrying about using your days up.

Unfortunately, for Disney (and other parks but particularly Disney), the less park days you do the more expensive it becomes per day.

If you're doing Busch Gardens then consider bundling it with SeaWorld for good deals.

There's quite a few park days to be had between Universal, Busch Gardens and SeaWorld... and overbuying tickets is the most common mistake to make. Why not pick up your tickets for all but Disney in advance and get your Disney ones once there as you need them? Discounts on Disney tickets for buying in advance really aren't that much - sometimes it even costs more buying a 1 or 2 day pass in advance.
The downside of that is the park reservation system. The OP may find their chosen park booked out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The downside of that is the park reservation system. The OP may find their chosen park booked out.
True...