Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Aug 22, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go - Day 18 - Rainforest Cafe, Animal Kingdom and Enchantment

Day 18 – More Rain, Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Café and Enchantment

So this morning Chris got up for the toilet at 7.10am and that was me awake so annoyed as it was almost midnight when I got to sleep last night. Noisy neighbours were still there but not getting up as early or staying out as late thankfully. I got up made a cuppa, caught up on blogs and Noah woke at 7.45am. We sat and talked for a bit and I filled him in on what we had planned today

Noah and I had some pop tarts and then I went in the hot tub and he went in the pool. Chris joined us about 9.30am. At 10am I got out and showered then sorted everything for lunches etc. Chris and Noah got out and showered then the boys went to the playground and to play mini golf on the resort whilst I did laundry and enjoyed a cuppa in peace and cross stitched, Caitlin was chatting with her friends.

They arrived back at 12.30pm and we set off to Animal Kingdom where the heavens opened We ended up sat in the car until around 1.20pm when it passed. We then rushed to Rainforest Cafe before it started again

Lunch

We used our Landry’s card to get a table here. We were told around 30 minutes, people walking up without a card were being told 1 ½ hours! 5 minutes later we were called up. We loved the theme in here although be pre warned it is very dark!

I ordered the Little Islanders Caesar Salad - $9.99 (as you can see it wasn’t small )

Chris ordered The Jungle Turkey Wrap - $17.99 he also ordered a jungle cocktail, unsure on the price of this as I can’t find the receipt

Caitlin had kid’s pizza with mac n cheese and oranges - $10.99

Thomas and Noah had kids chicken dinosaurs with chips - $10.99

The food in here was nice but Chris moaned about his wrap as it said ‘shaved turkey’ and it was basically sandwich meat I asked for the little caesar salad but they brought a large one! Definitely no good for a bariatric patient as you can see my feeble effort the service was very slow though. We were in here for 1 1/2hrs and only had one course and one lot of drinks, not great really.

The server corrected the bill when she brought it (tried to charge me for a large caesar salad although I asked for a small) and split it so we could both use our Landry’s birthday credits. The total bill was $90 plus tax and we got $50 off.

Service for food was very slow meaning we were running late for our 2-3pm Na'vi River DAS Pass as it was 2.54pm and raining a little when we came out. We rushed through to Pandora and arrived at Na'vi River at 3.15pm, luckily the CM was OK with it and we were allowed in

We all enjoyed the chill of this ride but when we got to the exit it was packed, we wondered what was happening... It was pouring down. We chucked our coats back on and braved the rain like northerners we are

We had a 3.30-4.30pm safari time, we decided the safari in the rain probably wasn't the best idea, so we headed to Lion King instead. We enjoyed it but much preferred the previous shows with acrobatics which was a little disappointing. It is now back to pre covid 😊

By the time we came out of the show the rain had eased quite a lot. So we headed for our Safari DAS which was lovely as always, there weren't a whole lot of animals out but that was to be expected given the rain we'd just had.

It was suggested we do Gorilla Falls after the safari and we've never done it before so had a walk around, it was nice and very chilled.

We had a return time for FOP for 5.10pm but it was around 5.30pm when we rode it, Noah was really excited for this one he loves the banshee.

Snack

We obviously had to grab a Night Blossom drink, we really enjoyed this last time, Chris and Noah enjoyed it, I just found it way too sweet! Thomas didn’t like it and Caitlin only liked the balls

It was time to head to MK for Enchantment.

I'd been doing most of the driving on the holiday so I set Chris up with MDE and told him how to order our dinner for the fireworks whilst I drove to MK spicy chicken waffle and funnel cake from sleepy hollow

By the time we got to MK it was 7.10pm and very busy! We left Chris at the disability seating area and Caitlin and I went to get the food. Just as we got it Chris called to say the disability area was full. Caitlin and I spent the next 20 minutes trying to find Chris and the boys, our phone signals weren't great, the WiFi wasn’t great and Chris had no points of reference due to being in a huge crowd. Caitlin and I were getting very overwhelmed with just how busy it was, luckily she had her ear defenders on. We eventually found them 10 minutes before it started. I was a hot, stressed, sweaty mess about ready to cry and I'm ashamed to say I got really annoyed and narky. There were people sat on the floor and almost getting trampled on or pushed into by the pushchair, poor Noah could barely see at all. Chris then proceeded to say we should have waited till after fireworks for food, stating the obvious there really but what was done was done! Something we know for next time.

When the fireworks started a lovely American boy about 11/12 offered Noah a space in front of him as we had a really tall person right in front of us and carrying a child on their shoulders, so most of our view was blocked but he didn't want to. I thanked the lovely boy though some people are still thoughtful (not what you'd have thought when waiting for the fireworks!)

We watched the show, I could barely see the projections on the castle but even so to me it's just not as good as Wishes or HEA

When the fireworks ended we eventually got to tomorrow land and finished eating our food and the kids had their sandwiches.

Dinner

Chris and I wanted to try a Spicy Chicken Waffle from Sleepy Hollow and a funnel cake, we got these to have watching the fireworks but as it was so late we ended up eating them after and didn’t manage a picture.

I found the spicy waffle too spicy so I ate most of the funnel cake with the Caitlin, Thomas and Noah didn’t like it. The kids also had their wraps/sandwiches for their food so they weren’t missing out. Chris would have the waffle again … not for me

This was $20.85

I’d secured a return time for Space Mountain just before Enchanted started so we went straight on. This is probably our fave ride in MK. We pulled funny faces on the ride but for some reason Chris and the boys photo didn't show on our photopass ☹ we asked when we got out the ride and she located it and added it to my magic band, only again it still hadn’t reappeared We found this alot with space mountain photos. Even if we tap our bands it doesn't appear on our account, the only one that does is the one I'm in as it links automatically

Next up we did speedway then astro orbiter as the kids are certain we haven't done it before, I feel we have, anyway that being done it was 9.30pm so we decided to head back to the car. On the way we stopped for some photopass photos and I called at a guest experience umberella to discuss our DAS for tomorrow we had ASS in HS for 12pm but we wanted a later one as we're going to start the dreaded P word tomorrow and we also wanted not too long of a day. The CM said she wasn't able to amend the pre booked one but she could cancel it and issued us a use any time of day one instead and said we could use it when we liked which was lovely, so at least we don't need to rush as our next one isn't until 3.30pm.

On the way out we stopped to get some photos in front of the castle, they're some of our favourite photos from the trip.

We got back to the villa at 10.50pm
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad the rain didn’t spoil your day! More lovely photos especially of the castle and fireworks

Joan
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It didn't thankfully X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad that you didn't let the rain spoil your day and that you got to see the fireworks after missing them on your birthday. The one thing I hate about the fireworks is the squash to find a spot to view them. They were some lovely photos you got at the end of the night.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm glad that you didn't let the rain spoil your day and that you got to see the fireworks after missing them on your birthday. The one thing I hate about the fireworks is the squash to find a spot to view them. They were some lovely photos you got at the end of the night.
I thought leaving AK at 6pm would be enough time to get there and get a spot before the fireworks, clearly I was wrong it was much quieter getting the photos then too, I think most people left the park after the fireworks, the park was actually open till 11pm so we took advantage and avoided the parking queues! X
Old 27 Aug 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Darn it to the early start and not being able to go back to sleep. You sound like you got very unlucky with the noisy neighbours.

The rain was a bit of a problem today at AK, although you switched up your plan and had fun at the show, so that's good. I love the lion king!

Oh dear, the run up to Enchantment sounds very stressful. I'm glad you didn't just leave after and you all had fun on space mountain and then got some lovely photos in front of the castle.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 22, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Darn it to the early start and not being able to go back to sleep. You sound like you got very unlucky with the noisy neighbours.

The rain was a bit of a problem today at AK, although you switched up your plan and had fun at the show, so that's good. I love the lion king!

Oh dear, the run up to Enchantment sounds very stressful. I'm glad you didn't just leave after and you all had fun on space mountain and then got some lovely photos in front of the castle.
Thanks Abby, it did become very frustrating, especially as we were all tired towards the end of the trip.

It's a great show, Chris was devastated they hadn't started the full show still at this point.

It's just too crowded, it doesn't make for an enjoyable experience at all which is such a shame, maybe if we have more time next time it may feel different x