Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Coffee makers

I am looking for a home version of a “professional” coffee maker as I do enjoy a cappuccino coffee. I have tried using Nescafé-type packet mixes but they just don’t do it for me. I might just want something that does not exist (typical of me) but I wondered if my Dibb friends might have some suggestions?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
do you have a budget ?

sounds like you want a bean to cup machine they are expensive but they are good and better than any of the pod type machines for espresso based milk drinks
force ten is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Budget - a good inexpensive one 😃
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
There are so many threads on here about this, try searching the forum.

In my opinion you get a coffee, superior to any coffee shop chain, from a Sage Bean to Cup machine. However, they are not cheap and not as easy as a Nespresso.

Years ago we had a Nespresso Citz, that I used along with the attached Aeroccino to make a fairly decent cappuccino.

Then we upgraded to a Nespresso Vertuo, I find it good enough to not need the Aerocino milk frothier, I just microwave a bit of milk and dispense the coffee straight into it. I think it’s great, easy to use and clean.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Adding to the inexpensive bit…. They have just launched the POP vertuo machine, £99 with £72 redeemable credit for coffee pods.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Adding to the inexpensive bit…. They have just launched the POP vertuo machine, £99 with £72 redeemable credit for coffee pods.
then you have to buy expensive pods that are horrid to the environment.

I have this yes its more than a Nespresso to start with but you put your favourite coffee in which even if it is Jamacian Blue Mountain will still be cheaper than Nespresso.

amazon/DeLonghi-Ma...ps%2C87&sr=8-6
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post

I have this yes its more than a Nespresso to start with but you put your favourite coffee in which even if it is Jamacian Blue Mountain will still be cheaper than Nespresso.

Except the vertuo pods can be recycled by Nespresso, we send ours back free of charge.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree, nespresso commercial model is like a home printer. Charge little for the kit and then a fortune on the pods/cartridges. Bean to coffee is much cheaper in long run and better quality.

As an alternative you could also go for an espresso machine where you put in pre-ground rather than beans. This is what we did and have a Sage Bambino. Main reason for us was it took up less space and I can’t tell the dogs deference versus friends who have the bean equivalent but may be true connoisseurs can.

Just be prepared for the fact an espresso machine does need more TLC than a nespresso in terms of periodic cleaning cycles etc.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Do you know this is the second post I have replied to in a week, where I have expressed my opinion, to answer the question posted by the thread starter.

Only for my reply to be quoted and berated because if my choices. Choices which are legal valid, and just don’t align with someone else’s choices.

Yes I do buy pods and I recycle them via Nespresso.

Is that worse than driving to coffee chains, and using recyclable cups? I’m not judging those that do.

Not starting a debate, just saying the Dibb isn’t the place it used to be.
Old 8 Aug 22, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
as you said you had tried the coffee sachets that would suggest that you are only just starting your home coffee journey

for inexpensive you would probably need to go for a coffee pod machine as a cheap espresso machine wont make great coffee

you can get a Tassimo machine made by Bosch for about £30.00 and for £4.00 you can get eight coffee pods and eight milk pods to make a Cappuccino style drink

next step up would be dolce gusto for £60.00 and then up to probably the best of the pod type machines the Nespresso and they are £90-100 start and up to many £100s of pounds

l prefer ground coffee rather than pods as l normally drink a long americano style coffee so l buy good coffee and brew using a cheap steep and release system and filter papers

just buying good coffee beans has got a lot more expensive in the last 12 months and the beans l am using now work out at about 55p per cup just for the 20g of beans

so coffee is not cheap to drink and a good bean to cup machine will cost north of £500.00 and up you can get cheaper ones but if you want a really good machine you have to pay a lot for it
force ten is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List