Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Easy to price on BA as above but for virgin you will have to call or email them for a quote. I’m going into LAS on Wednesday and then out of LAX.
With a bit of work BA eventually beat the price I could get from BA.

Edit.. just read danisleigh’s post. I never found that 😂
It took me a while to find it too, I don’t think they have made it very obvious!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
It took me a while to find it too, I don’t think they have made it very obvious!
Thinking back I may have seen that but I couldn’t then add in hotels like you can on the BA site. The BA website is brisk isn’t for getting a starting price to work from.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Chaz2210
Serious Dibber

If you do it with BA and add a car or a hotel it becomes a package giving you the option to only pay a deposit when you book. We are flying into San Francisco and out of San Diego, included the San Fran hotel when booked and for some reason adding a hotel also bough the price down, ended up paying less for the package than the flights were alone

DLP Newport Bay Hotel Nov 2012, Florida Terra Verde April 2014, DLP Christmas 2015 Explorers Hotel, DLP Kyriad Aug 2016, DLP Hotel Cheyenne Birthday Trip Oct 2016, Florida Regal Palms May 2018, Xmas 2020 DLP - postponed to April 2021- postponed to Oct 2021, West Coast 40th Birthday Trip August 2021- postponed to August 2022, DLP Christmas 2023 Cheyenne
Chaz2210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Thinking back I may have seen that but I couldn’t then add in hotels like you can on the BA site. The BA website is brisk isn’t for getting a starting price to work from.
You definitely can’t add hotels, you have to do this with virgin holidays but even then the website only does one hotel per trip, to do a custom trip you have to speak to someone. BA’s website is fantastic for that.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon Voyage
Looking for my Ears

Have you thought about using a travel agent?

We can easily book flights into and out of different airports, check best options for flight prices and availability to make sure you're getting the best value airfares, and can package it up with hotels and car hire, so you have financial protection.

You'll also be able to discuss and get personal recommendations for good places to stay, rather than getting lost in the millions of hotels on bed banks.
Jon Voyage is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jon Voyage View Post
Have you thought about using a travel agent?

We can easily book flights into and out of different airports, check best options for flight prices and availability to make sure you're getting the best value airfares, and can package it up with hotels and car hire, so you have financial protection.

You'll also be able to discuss and get personal recommendations for good places to stay, rather than getting lost in the millions of hotels on bed banks.
Because it costs a lot more than DIY ! I get 100% protection with using my CC and insurance so I am not sue why a TA could offer more (look what happened when TAs went bust - took ages for refunds)

I can get a price the same as a TA and with hotel research beat any price - same with car hire .

The Dibb is like a virtual TA in that respect

PS are you a TA by any chance ?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon Voyage
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Because it costs a lot more than DIY ! I get 100% protection with using my CC and insurance so I am not sue why a TA could offer more (look what happened when TAs went bust - took ages for refunds)

I can get a price the same as a TA and with hotel research beat any price - same with car hire .

The Dibb is like a virtual TA in that respect

PS are you a TA by any chance ?
Hey, yeah I've been a TA for 14 years and the price that a TA can get, is usually the same, and often better than booking online as they get preferential rates (sometimes you can do better online, granted).

The main benefit of a TA, is the experience they can share with you first hand. You tell them the experience you want, and they make it happen. I've been to California 8 times, and know it well, so if I can enhance someone's holiday by sharing my experiences, and it not cost them any more than they'd pay by booking it all online, then... win-win.

Obviously, if you have a lot of time and want to read posts and scour the internet for 100's hours, then sure, you can DIY.

I thought I'd comment on here, because the question was about flying into one airport and out of another with hotels, and TA's can organise that with their eyes closed.
Jon Voyage is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jon Voyage View Post
Hey, yeah I've been a TA for 14 years and the price that a TA can get, is usually the same, and often better than booking online as they get preferential rates (sometimes you can do better online, granted).

The main benefit of a TA, is the experience they can share with you first hand. You tell them the experience you want, and they make it happen. I've been to California 8 times, and know it well, so if I can enhance someone's holiday by sharing my experiences, and it not cost them any more than they'd pay by booking it all online, then... win-win.

Obviously, if you have a lot of time and want to read posts and scour the internet for 100's hours, then sure, you can DIY.

I thought I'd comment on here, because the question was about flying into one airport and out of another with hotels, and TA's can organise that with their eyes closed.
So can I - with the VS (or BA) search engine as the OP found out

I think its wise to be upfront that you are TA , nothing wrong with that but your second post on here was rather dismissive of the great Dibb knowledge collective. Many on here have visited California a lot more than any TA, in fact some regulars here live in CA. As I said I worked there for best part of 10 years and keen to answer honesty any question a poster has. They may well choose to use a TA or follow my advice and research and book themselves - it is kinda what we are about and great satisfaction can be had helping others for free, sharing advice - the good, bad and the ugly - you certainly dont need "100s of hours scouring the internet" but no doubt some people may. Not sure what I like can be enhanced except by reading pre-trip and trip reports from the likes of CFB and no way can a TA sort out my plans any cheaper than I can as I haggle over hotels like a dog with a bone

But fair comment - TA can book flight as OP asked for.

Looking forward to your contributions to the Dibb - maybe can enhance my next trip (I am never too old to learn - maybe just a bit stubborn at times )

Edited at 03:23 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon Voyage
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
So can I - with the VS (or BA) search engine as the OP found out

I think its wise to be upfront that you are TA , nothing wrong with that but your second post on here was rather dismissive of the great Dibb knowledge collective. Many on here have visited California a lot more than any TA, in fact some regulars here live in CA. As I said I worked there for best part of 10 years and keen to answer honesty any question a poster has. They may well choose to use a TA or follow my advice and research and book themselves - it is kinda what we are about and great satisfaction can be had helping others for free, sharing advice - the good, bad and the ugly - you certainly dont need "100s of hours scouring the internet" but no doubt some people may. Not sure what I like can be enhanced except by reading pre-trip and trip reports from the likes of CFB and no way can a TA sort out my plans any cheaper than I can as I haggle over hotels like a dog with a bone

But fair comment - TA can book flight as OP asked for.

Looking forward to your contributions to the Dibb - maybe can enhance my next trip (I am never too old to learn - maybe just a bit stubborn at times )
Sorry, it wasn't meant to be dismissive. I'm genuinely on here to help. I do get defensive when people say they can get it cheaper online and TAs are always more expensive, because that isn't true. It sometimes is cheaper online, yes, but not usually.

The point is, one person haggling, probably doesn't have the same weight as a company with thousands of customers haggling, hence why TAs get preferential rates.

I'm not coming across as I'd like, and I'm sorry for that, difficult to portray tone in a forum, but I'm coming from a good place, I promise.
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
johnykp
Trying for More Ears

We just did it a few weeks ago with BA, into SJC and out of LAX, the BA rep said that it was considered a same price return as it's still within California
johnykp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List