Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
You need to check local county laws as its not a statewide law.

The city of Anaheim has strict rules about short term lets like AirBnB and most are illegal now.

I have stayed in two AirBnB and I would recommend both.

The first was in Hollywood, a studio apartment suitable for 2 people in a residential area near Hollywood and Vine Metro station. It was a purpose built studio apartment next door to the hosts. It had its own separate entrance and door and I felt safe there as a solo female traveller.

The second was in South Pasadena, in a residential area about 10 minutes walk from South Pasadena train station. This was a studio apartment suitable for 4 people. It was a converted garage in the back garden of the host and again was specifically for AirBnB. Access was through a side gate into the hosts back garden and the apartment was separate to the hosts house. Again I felt very safe here as a solo female traveler.

When I was researching AirBnB I specifically looked for a self contained studio apartment and superhosts who had very recent great reviews. Both times the hosts I had replied very quickly to my questions, and I had full details of the properties, including the exact address and contact details for the hosts before arrival. Both properties were self check in and I was given gate codes before arrival.
Thanks very much for replying, sounds like it is possible to have a good experience then, it was the superhosts I had been looking at😃
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Literally left our AirBnB in Huntington Beach this morning and have stayed in ones in Santa Monica and Venice with no problems at all. I’d happily book our HB one again - I can link if you’re interested x
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
Literally left our AirBnB in Huntington Beach this morning and have stayed in ones in Santa Monica and Venice with no problems at all. I’d happily book our HB one again - I can link if you’re interested x
A link would be fab, thank you😃
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
A link would be fab, thank you😃
abnb.me/8eWKunrkmsb

Hosts are Superhosts and live next door. So well equipped and walking distance to beach and restaurants.

We also stayed here in 2018 and it was just as good but we personally prefer the HB one. Location of this one was close to Venice beach front but far enough away in a nice neighbourhood. Could walk to loads of stuff with this one too x

abnb.me/chRmcYwkmsb
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
abnb.me/8eWKunrkmsb

Hosts are Superhosts and live next door. So well equipped and walking distance to beach and restaurants.

We also stayed here in 2018 and it was just as good but we personally prefer the HB one. Location of this one was close to Venice beach front but far enough away in a nice neighbourhood. Could walk to loads of stuff with this one too x

abnb.me/chRmcYwkmsb
Brilliant thank you, they both look really lovely😃
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo
Imagineer

Jojo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 23
We stayed in two and both were fab.

One in Oakhurst near Yosemite and another in Anaheim
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

We did one in Joshua tree (or a very nearby town, maybe 29 palms?) In 2019 and it was great. Been put off doing them in LA as it seems they're not allowed.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we are stain one present in Alexandria/ Washington, first class 1 bed app with roof terrace.
In the past we have used them in Santa Barbara, Monterey x2, San Fran x2, Vegas, Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe.
The first we ever used was Santa Barbara, ok with great host. All the others were simply superb.
It’s like booking any acc , do your homework, superhosts etc
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
It’s like booking any acc , do your homework, superhosts etc
Exactly. One red flag for me is not having self check in. If the host insists on meeting you to bring you to the property, thats a big no for me. So many people have been scammed by being brought to a property which was not the property in the photos.

Also I will only stay in a property which is specifically for Airbnb. Many people on Airbnb rent out their actual home and when Airbnb tourists stay they move out to a friends house. I don't want to stay in someone's home, with all of their personal items.

And again, for the same reasons' I wont stay in a room in someones home. I want my own private space.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

This is where I stayed in South Pasadena
airbnb.ie/rooms/10317135

The Hollywood one I can't find
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List