Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Aug 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Disney are stopping physical tickets - need some advice

So we’re going next year (September) and we paid a deposit for proper tickets but a couple of weeks ago AT emailed to say that they can still provide us with the tickets but Disney are stopping issuing them from end September this year. If we pay the balance then they will send us the proper tickets otherwise they will be converted into digital tickets but we don’t really know what to do.

I asked this question on a FB group I belong to and it seems like everyone is a bit more clued up than I am with tech stuff. I’m used to putting a ticket in the machine and using my fingerprint to get in!

So one question is if we get proper tickets, do they actually have any purpose other than just a memento because it seems like I would still need to get some app first anyway so we can book park days. I suppose I wanted a ticket as a keepsake plus we’re meant to get Memory Maker which was a lanyard when we were there last - don’t know what happens to that if we get a digital ticket.

There’s so many different things to sort out now - my (old) brain is hurting!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Cant help sorry but I'm in the same situation. I wanted the proper tickets mainly for the keepsake amongst other things but can't afford to pay the full amount in time so I guess I will now also be issued with digital tickets. Can we no longer exchange the digital tickets for real ones while at disney anymore now either?
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I have actual tickets and have visited 4 Disney parks and yet to use the actual ticket. Linked magic bands to our tickets and used them instead. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disneys way of pushing you into magic bands . Your ticket is held on your phone same as Apple Pay wallet so you can use your phone if you don’t want a magic band though. Your photos go directly into your mde account on memory maker then you download or pay extra to get a disk sent when you have edited them all .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Cant help sorry but I'm in the same situation. I wanted the proper tickets mainly for the keepsake amongst other things but can't afford to pay the full amount in time so I guess I will now also be issued with digital tickets. Can we no longer exchange the digital tickets for real ones while at disney anymore now either?
I don’t know the answer - some people on the FB group are saying that I can exchange at the Will Call booths (? absolutely NO idea what that is although I have seen them up near Universal I believe ) but I’m not taking their advice as gospel. We might have to crack the piggy bank early - which isn’t too bad because our holiday doesn’t have to be paid for until next summer.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Disneys way of pushing you into magic bands . Your ticket is held on your phone same as Apple Pay wallet so you can use your phone if you don’t want a magic band though. Your photos go directly into your mde account on memory maker then you download or pay extra to get a disk sent when you have edited them all .
Thank you but trying to explain what a phone wallet is to me has frustrated everyone. I haven’t had an iPhone - ever. I don’t use my phone to pay for anything (I use cash and cards for that). I have discovered an area on my Samsung galaxy 8 that does mention wallet but the entire thing is overwhelming.
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I have actual tickets and have visited 4 Disney parks and yet to use the actual ticket. Linked magic bands to our tickets and used them instead. 👍🏻
Thank you 😊
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've not used the actual card ticket in our last few trips, just either my magic band or phone, I'd forgotten I actually had one until I saw it in my purse recently.

I've never had a separate card for memory maker either, it all just happens automatically through the magic band.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve not had physical tickets for years. Always just used our magic bands.

I’d find it too much hassle having to carry them around and get them out/put them away all the time.

Even if we weren’t going to use magic bands I think I’d rather use my phone.

We’ve got e-tickets for mnsshp next week and just added them to mde. Can see the passes on my account for all three of us and we’ll take our old magic bands to scan in.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
Thank you but trying to explain what a phone wallet is to me has frustrated everyone. I haven’t had an iPhone - ever. I don’t use my phone to pay for anything (I use cash and cards for that). I have discovered an area on my Samsung galaxy 8 that does mention wallet but the entire thing is overwhelming.
I feel for you. I have an Android phone and have never used it for payments or banking.

We went in April this year and I had loaded our ticket no's. onto MDE long before the physical tickets had arrived in the post. We never actually used them but we did have Magic Bands which I really love.

I am not at all tech savvy but I did manage to find my Google wallet and load my DVC membership card onto it. I'm sure there must be a way to do this with your Disney tickets too.

I do not appreciate being dragged kicking and screaming into using my phone for stuff like this though😤

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC

Edited at 08:52 AM.
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List