Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
7kg is still a decent amount, especially when summer clothes don’t weigh that much. My checked bag on the way over last time, which was a large suitcase, was only 11kg!
I know what you mean. My hold suitcase for September is packed minus a skirt and a few tee shirts and it weighs 10.5 kg. It won't be much more when I've added those few bits. My cabin bag is completely packed and weighs 4kg. That includes 2 days of clothes and whatever I need for the flight.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I didn’t really have much time when I was on the phone trying to reschedule my whole holiday.
You didn't say in your op that you were trying to reschedule your whole holiday. Just that one of your flights was cancelled.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
You didn't say in your op that you were trying to reschedule your whole holiday. Just that one of your flights was cancelled.
Sorry I said the whole holiday when in reality it was the outward flights but no I didn’t check as she was giving me the options and I was texting husband at work and trying to work out best way and didn’t think of hand luggage. Regardless it wasn’t really a helpful post.
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

My booking says '10kg bag dropped off at check-in' so I can take the 10kg bag but have to check it in for Gat - Dub part? I can't see any reference to this situation on the website anywhere.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by LOUISEACAT View Post
My booking says '10kg bag dropped off at check-in' so I can take the 10kg bag but have to check it in for Gat - Dub part? I can't see any reference to this situation on the website anywhere.
Doesn’t apply for transatlantic flights or transatlantic connections as far as I’m aware.
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOUISEACAT View Post
Thats a new change since Covid. This is the page on the Aer Lingus website
aerlingus/travel-inf...cabin-baggage/

They are trying to reduce carry on bags and now like Ryanair, you either pay priority to take the 10kg carry on for the over head bins or you can check it in for free.

I have a flight from Dublin to Heathrow in a few weeks for my cruise. I logged in to Aer Lingus to check the status of my booking. I have paid for the 10 kg so I can bring my small roller as carry on.

If you pay in advance for priority it costs €5.99 / £5.99 each way but if you dont and want to pay at the airport it will cost €35 / £35
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Doesn’t apply for transatlantic flights or transatlantic connections as far as I’m aware.
It will apply to regional flights if the bag is too big to fit in the tiny overhead lockers.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been onto messenger and the phone with them and been told it’s definitely only 7kg if going from a regional to Dublin. I also asked about paying extra and have been told I can’t it’s 7kg no other options. I can take the larger 10kg bag onwards though 🤷🏻🤣
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I’ve been onto messenger and the phone with them and been told it’s definitely only 7kg if going from a regional to Dublin. I also asked about paying extra and have been told I can’t it’s 7kg no other options. I can take the larger 10kg bag onwards though 🤷🏻🤣
Thats due the propeller plane. The over head bins and the under seating area are far smaller so they have to be very strict.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Thats due the propeller plane. The over head bins and the under seating area are far smaller so they have to be very strict.
It just made me laugh as he was so serious about me using my extra size onwards and I was wondering where he thought I would get the new case from 🤣